Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Should GM have done more to separate the '11 synergy from the '10
Yes - they should have changed the name on the color for '11 10 6.17%
Yes - they should have retired the color 69 42.59%
No - it was a limited edition had nothing to do with color 67 41.36%
I have no idea what you are talking about but wanted to respond to a poll anyway 16 9.88%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-23-2010, 02:19 PM   #57
ketel0ne

Drives: Used to have 2010 SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Just curious, but do you have to pay extra for the paint in the 2011 SGM?
$325 I believe.
ketel0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:27 PM   #58
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketel0ne View Post
I paid 2k for everything in the package. The color, the stitching, the panels were part of that package. As were the wheels, the backup sensors, C&C, spoiler, stripes, remote start. IT WAS A PACKAGE that included a color. I would not have paid 2k for the color and the stitching alone.
I agree with you 100% sir. Nor would I pay 2 grand just for those items. My point is this: the only thing that made the option code a "limited special edition" were these three itmes:
Synergy Green exterior paint

Synergy Green instrument panel and door inserts
with ice-blue LED light pipe

Synergy Green accent stitching

These three option were required to be ordered together and only available on the "limited special edition"... all the other options could be ordered in any combination on any car. So logically I deduce these three items are what made the edition "special".

When posters say the color is not limited (and it is not anymore ala 2011) then one can deduce that the only thing "special" about the order code was:

Synergy Green instrument panel and door inserts
with ice-blue LED light pipe

Synergy Green accent stitching

Was this your understanding when you bought your Synergy? That the only unique item in the limited release was the above two items? I think the poster who stated the Scion release series methodology had it correct - limited edition means limited edition a Scion RS car with special color option never sees that color making it into general production.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:28 PM   #59
formare
The Milano

Quote:
$325 I believe.
yepper that sounds right same as other two step premium color options...
Old 08-23-2010, 02:35 PM   #60
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
You are missing the point that GM specifically stated that depending on the sales of the limited edition, they would consider opening the color up as a standard color in the future. This was stated when the Limited Edition was released for sale. I don't see the point of getting upset that they decided to use the color in the 2011's.
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:38 PM   #61
ketel0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by formare View Post

Was this your understanding when you bought your Synergy? That the only unique item in the limited release was the above two items? I think the poster who stated the Scion release series methodology had it correct - limited edition means limited edition a Scion RS car with special color option never sees that color making it into general production.
Actually no, I couldn't get a spoiler unless I got an RS or SS, I couldn't get most if not all of the other options on LS. Some of the options would have still had additional costs even on a 2LT and may not have been available on a 1LT. So they added value to the 1lt I was buying in combination.

It was better optioned than any 1LT sold in 2010. IMO.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:41 PM   #62
formare
The Milano

Quote:
Actually no, I couldn't get a spoiler unless I got an RS or SS, I couldn't get most if not all of the other options on LS. Some of the options would have still had additional costs even on a 2LT and may not have been available on a 1LT. So they added value to the 1lt I was buying in combination.

It was better optioned than any 1LT sold in 2010. IMO.
Fair enough - I see your point.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:42 PM   #63
formare
The Milano

Quote:
Originally Posted by irocnroll View Post
You are missing the point that GM specifically stated that depending on the sales of the limited edition, they would consider opening the color up as a standard color in the future. This was stated when the Limited Edition was released for sale. I don't see the point of getting upset that they decided to use the color in the 2011's.
Where on the HERO card (used to sell the edition) does it say that?
Old 08-23-2010, 03:09 PM   #64
irocnroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by formare View Post
Where on the HERO card (used to sell the edition) does it say that?
Ask and you shall receive.

Synergy Green Camaro HERO Cards & More!

Chevrolet is pleased to announce the 2010 Camaro Synergy Special Edition package. This special, limited edition package is designed for consumers seeking a very expressive, unique and attainable Camaro during the spring – summer selling season.
synergy2-copy.jpg

The exterior of this special edition features:
• Synergy Green exterior color
• Cyber Grey Rally Stripes
• 19-inch painted alloy wheels
• SS model’s rear spoiler
• Ultrasonic Rear Park Assist

The interior is just as unique as the exterior, featuring:
• Black cloth interior with Synergy Green accent stitching on the seats, steering wheel, shift knob, armrest and center console
• Synergy Green instrument panel and door inserts with ice-blue LED light pipe
• Leather –wrapped steering wheel with redundant radio controls
• BluetoothŪ and USB port

The package is available only with the Camaro 1LT (V6) model and limited options (including automatic transmission with remote start system; Boston AcousticsŪ sound system; and sunroof). The MSRP of the model and package starts at $26,790 (including manual transmission and DFC; excluding additional options, tax, title and other fees).

The option package’s ordering code is B2E. The Quick Order function of Order Workbench will start accepting orders for the package on Thursday, January 14, 2010. Production will commence in February, 2010. All items in this package will be installed at the factory, and covered under GM’s New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Order acceptance for the Camaro Synergy Special Edition package is limited. The package will only be produced through May 2010. Allocation for this package must come out of the dealership’s existing Camaro allocation.

FAQs: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro – Synergy Special Edition Package.
Q. What is the Synergy Special Edition Package?
A. Using the vibrant Synergy Green exterior color, the Synergy Special Edition package was designed for individuals seeking a unique, attainable Camaro that stands out in the crowd. To achieve the attainable goal, the package (option code: B2E) is available only with the Camaro 1LT model featuring the 3.6L V6 engine with 304 horsepower rating and EPA rated 29 MPG highway.

Q. What makes up the Synergy Special Edition Package?
A. The Synergy Special Edition Package (option code: B2E) starts with a special Synergy Green exterior color with Cyber Grey Rally Stripes. The exterior also features 19-inch Sterling Silver painted wheels; the SS model’s rear spoiler; and the Ultrasonic Rear Park Assist. The interior of this package includes Jet Black cloth with Synergy Green accent stitching on the seats, steering wheel, armrests and center console. The Synergy Green color is also present in the instrument and door panel inserts. The door panel inserts include the ice-blue LED light pipe that is traditionally found only with the leather interior models. Completing the interior package is the leather-wrapped steering wheel with redundant radio controls; BluetoothŪ; and USB port in the center console.

Q. How much does this package / model cost?
A. Since it is an option package available only with the Camaro 1LT model, the combined MSRP of this model and package is $26,790 (including manual transmission and DFC; excluding other available options, tax, titles and other fees). An updated 2010 Camaro Price Schedule, reflecting the price of the Synergy Special Edition Package will be available via gmpricing.com, on Friday, January 15, 2010. Pricing should be available in the various order configurator systems in the near future.

Q. If a Camaro is ordered with the Synergy Special Edition Package, is it automatically placed for production?
A. No. Dealers will need to have allocation available to place their order into production. There will not be any special runs or placement of orders with the option code B2E (Synergy Special Edition Package).

Q. When – and for how long – will this package be available?
A. Chevrolet will begin to accept orders for the Synergy Special Edition Package on Thursday, January 14, 2010. Production will begin in February 2010, and the first units should begin to arrive in dealerships by March 2010. This package will be available to order though late April, and will end production when the 2010 model year production ends in early June 2010. At the end of the production run, Chevrolet will announce the number of Camaro models produced with this option package (option code: B2E).

Q. Can other options be ordered?
A. Yes. The base model features the six-speed manual transmission, but the six-speed automatic transmission with remote vehicle starting system is one of the options available. Other available options are the Boston AcousticsŪ Sound System, and sunroof. Certain dealer-installed accessory options – such as the ground effects package and 21-inch wheels — are also available for ordering.

Q. Is the package available on the LS, 2LT or SS models?
A. No. This special edition package was designed to be a unique package at a tremendous value for consumers. This was best achieved by combining features such as the painted 19-inch alloy wheels and LED light pipes with the 1LT model.

Q. Is the Synergy Green exterior color available on the LS, 2LT or SS models?
A. Not at this time; however, Chevrolet reserves the right to make the exterior color available if there is enough market demand.

Q. Are any of the items in the Synergy Special Edition Package dealer installed accessories?
A. All the items in the package are factory-installed. As long as there are no dealer-installed LPO options ordered, the vehicle will arrive ready for delivery after normal PDI service. In addition, since all items are factoryinstalled, the vehicle will continue to be covered under the GM New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Q. How will customers discover the Synergy Special Edition Package is available?
A. The Camaro Synergy Special Edition will be on display during the public days of the North America International Auto Show in Detroit. Following the Detroit show, this model will travel throughout the country to a number of regional auto shows. Information on the special edition package will appear starting in mid January on Chevy.com/Camaro. Information will also be available through social media sites such as Facebook, and various automotive and Camaro enthusiasts websites and blogs.

Q. Finally, Are there any mechanical enhancements or differences?
A. No, the package features aesthetic enhancements only. There are no performance upgrades.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:13 PM   #65
GaryTucker

Drives: 09 Vette GT1, 06 350Z, 82 MSE
Quote:
We will have to agree to disagree about what makes it special.

The package including the spoiler, the stripes, the stitching, the auto with remote start, C&C, backup sensors, green door panels with ice, and being a special edition all made the decision of buying a V6 1LT in 2010 vs me waiting and ordering a 2011 SGM SS without all that.
I have to agree with you. It isn't the paint color that makes the car special...anyone can duplicate color without too much difficulty. The special stitching and the door panels...along with a specific option code. The option code can't be duplicated.

Our GT1 Corvette is easily mimicked with some stitching and a graphics package (plus other various pieces) from a dealer...it may just be duplicated in the future by someone trying to pass a car off as one of the 125 built...but the specific VIN GM assigned the cars and the option code provide a sure way to prevent it from happening. When you have a rare option car you need all the GM 'proof' you can get.
GaryTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:17 PM   #66
formare
The Milano

Wow - quick service! and thank you for the post....

Quote:
Originally Posted by irocnroll View Post
Ask and you shall receive.

Synergy Green Camaro HERO Cards & More!

Chevrolet is pleased to announce the 2010 Camaro Synergy Special Edition package. This special, limited edition package is designed for consumers seeking a very expressive, unique and attainable Camaro during the spring – summer selling season.
synergy2-copy.jpg

The exterior of this special edition features:
• Synergy Green exterior color
• Cyber Grey Rally Stripes
• 19-inch painted alloy wheels
• SS model’s rear spoiler
• Ultrasonic Rear Park Assist

The interior is just as unique as the exterior, featuring:
• Black cloth interior with Synergy Green accent stitching on the seats, steering wheel, shift knob, armrest and center console
• Synergy Green instrument panel and door inserts with ice-blue LED light pipe
• Leather –wrapped steering wheel with redundant radio controls
• BluetoothŪ and USB port

The package is available only with the Camaro 1LT (V6) model and limited options (including automatic transmission with remote start system; Boston AcousticsŪ sound system; and sunroof). The MSRP of the model and package starts at $26,790 (including manual transmission and DFC; excluding additional options, tax, title and other fees).

The option package’s ordering code is B2E. The Quick Order function of Order Workbench will start accepting orders for the package on Thursday, January 14, 2010. Production will commence in February, 2010. All items in this package will be installed at the factory, and covered under GM’s New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Order acceptance for the Camaro Synergy Special Edition package is limited. The package will only be produced through May 2010. Allocation for this package must come out of the dealership’s existing Camaro allocation.

FAQs: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro – Synergy Special Edition Package.
Q. What is the Synergy Special Edition Package?
A. Using the vibrant Synergy Green exterior color, the Synergy Special Edition package was designed for individuals seeking a unique, attainable Camaro that stands out in the crowd. To achieve the attainable goal, the package (option code: B2E) is available only with the Camaro 1LT model featuring the 3.6L V6 engine with 304 horsepower rating and EPA rated 29 MPG highway.

Q. What makes up the Synergy Special Edition Package?
A. The Synergy Special Edition Package (option code: B2E) starts with a special Synergy Green exterior color with Cyber Grey Rally Stripes. The exterior also features 19-inch Sterling Silver painted wheels; the SS model’s rear spoiler; and the Ultrasonic Rear Park Assist. The interior of this package includes Jet Black cloth with Synergy Green accent stitching on the seats, steering wheel, armrests and center console. The Synergy Green color is also present in the instrument and door panel inserts. The door panel inserts include the ice-blue LED light pipe that is traditionally found only with the leather interior models. Completing the interior package is the leather-wrapped steering wheel with redundant radio controls; BluetoothŪ; and USB port in the center console.

Q. How much does this package / model cost?
A. Since it is an option package available only with the Camaro 1LT model, the combined MSRP of this model and package is $26,790 (including manual transmission and DFC; excluding other available options, tax, titles and other fees). An updated 2010 Camaro Price Schedule, reflecting the price of the Synergy Special Edition Package will be available via gmpricing.com, on Friday, January 15, 2010. Pricing should be available in the various order configurator systems in the near future.

Q. If a Camaro is ordered with the Synergy Special Edition Package, is it automatically placed for production?
A. No. Dealers will need to have allocation available to place their order into production. There will not be any special runs or placement of orders with the option code B2E (Synergy Special Edition Package).

Q. When – and for how long – will this package be available?
A. Chevrolet will begin to accept orders for the Synergy Special Edition Package on Thursday, January 14, 2010. Production will begin in February 2010, and the first units should begin to arrive in dealerships by March 2010. This package will be available to order though late April, and will end production when the 2010 model year production ends in early June 2010. At the end of the production run, Chevrolet will announce the number of Camaro models produced with this option package (option code: B2E).

Q. Can other options be ordered?
A. Yes. The base model features the six-speed manual transmission, but the six-speed automatic transmission with remote vehicle starting system is one of the options available. Other available options are the Boston AcousticsŪ Sound System, and sunroof. Certain dealer-installed accessory options – such as the ground effects package and 21-inch wheels — are also available for ordering.

Q. Is the package available on the LS, 2LT or SS models?
A. No. This special edition package was designed to be a unique package at a tremendous value for consumers. This was best achieved by combining features such as the painted 19-inch alloy wheels and LED light pipes with the 1LT model.

Q. Is the Synergy Green exterior color available on the LS, 2LT or SS models?
A. Not at this time; however, Chevrolet reserves the right to make the exterior color available if there is enough market demand.

Q. Are any of the items in the Synergy Special Edition Package dealer installed accessories?
A. All the items in the package are factory-installed. As long as there are no dealer-installed LPO options ordered, the vehicle will arrive ready for delivery after normal PDI service. In addition, since all items are factoryinstalled, the vehicle will continue to be covered under the GM New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Q. How will customers discover the Synergy Special Edition Package is available?
A. The Camaro Synergy Special Edition will be on display during the public days of the North America International Auto Show in Detroit. Following the Detroit show, this model will travel throughout the country to a number of regional auto shows. Information on the special edition package will appear starting in mid January on Chevy.com/Camaro. Information will also be available through social media sites such as Facebook, and various automotive and Camaro enthusiasts websites and blogs.

Q. Finally, Are there any mechanical enhancements or differences?
A. No, the package features aesthetic enhancements only. There are no performance upgrades.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:24 PM   #67
ketel0ne

IMO, this is very similar to the 86 and then 87 Aerocoupe Monte Carlo. There were ~200 the first year and like 6k the next.

The 7-up 1990 Ford Mustang, it wasn't the first green one with white interior nor would it be the last but those ~4100 are special.

There are other examples but those are 2 cars I would buy in a heartbeat.

Some would say each year of the Buick Grand Nationals were like this. If you bought the first year you might have been pretty ticked the 2nd year.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:29 PM   #68
irocnroll

They can replicate the color but they cant replicate the package. Your VIN/Year combination will be unique. Sure people can go out and buy the parts for theirs but its not the same.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:11 PM   #69
formare
The Milano

If I review the official gm media release it make no mention of the clause in red:

http://publish.media.gm.com/content/...y_green_camaro

I suppose if anything I failed to be an informed consumer...

DETROIT – Hot and cool exterior colors are a part of Chevy Camaro history. Now the 2010 model is getting its own.

Chevrolet today debuts the Camaro Synergy Special Edition with pricing starting at $26,790. Synergy will be produced in limited quantities from February to May.

“Synergy Green continues a long tradition of dramatic Camaro colors,” says Camaro historian Scott Settlemire. “Some of the most sought-after Camaros are first generation cars – those from 1967 to 1969 – in Hugger Orange, Daytona Yellow, and Rallye Green.”

The 2010 Camaro Synergy Special Edition is based on a Camaro 1LT, with a 3.6L direct injection V-6, paired with either a six-speed manual or automatic transmission. The powertrain has become a benchmark for the segment by offering a combination of performance and efficiency: The V-6 delivers 304 horsepower and 273 lb.-ft. of torque, and returns up to 29 mpg on the highway.

The Synergy Green exterior color was first previewed at the 2009 Specialty Equipment Manufacturers (SEMA) show. In production form, the Synergy Green is accented by Cyber Grey Rally Stripes running the length of the Camaro hood and rear deck. Other exterior features include a standard rear spoiler, and standard 19 inch, Sterling Silver painted wheels wrapped with P245/50R19 tires.

The color scheme is mirrored on the interior, with Synergy Green instrument panel and door inserts. Synergy Green stitching also accents the Jet Black cloth seats, steering wheel, shift knob and center console.

“Just as those colors helped make the first generation Camaro an icon, modern colors like Inferno Orange, Rallye Yellow Transformers Edition and Synergy Green will define the 2010 Camaro,” Settlemire said.

The Special Edition also includes the Camaro Convenience and Connectivity Package, with Bluetooth phone connectivity, USB port for MP3 players, and remote vehicle start for models equipped with an automatic transmission.

“The Synergy Special Edition package is designed for customers who want a unique performance car at an attainable price,” says Camaro marketing manager John Fitzpatrick. “For under $27,000, Camaro Synergy Special Edition offers standout styling, modern technologies like Bluetooth, and 304 horsepower under the hood.”
Old 08-23-2010, 07:48 PM   #70
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
my dealer told me straight up the day i bought mine 04/16/10 that it may or may not come back in 2011. was quite the marketing ploy to get the color out there. i know i might not have bought mine on pics alone. this is one of those colors that makes u go when u see it in person!
its a syn is offline   Reply With Quote