Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 05-16-2012, 06:58 PM   #225
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Definitely a beautiful car you've got there. Be proud!
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:42 PM   #226
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
So you'd better bee done quickly ,the beast is waiting
Well my friend, the move is finally over and now just spending the days unloading boxes
So how are you enjoying life in the fast lane?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccamaro View Post
hey kronix. anything new to show? i hope you got the zl1 bumper by now. cool. thanks
Hey RC, the ZL1 bumper finally did arrive last Thursday!! Gary did a good job with it, we actually fine tuned his design on the ZL1 splitter and put a nice beveled edge on it. Sorry I don't have any pics yet because this past weekend was spent moving down to the LA area, so I left the SS in good hands at my buddy's shop while he finishes up with it. We've wired the projector fog lights just like my DRLs and used an Oracle LED ring switch.

As for new goodies, I also upgraded the projector bulbs with AAC's Plasma LED bulbs. Also installed the painted gloss black pieces by River City Creations, the Speedo/Tach bezel, center console, and the long strips on the sides of console. So the interior will carry the same theme of gloss/matte black as the exterior. To really make the gas pedal more responsive I ordered a larger, ported VMaxx Throttle Body painted in gloss black from RX, and just waiting for that to come in, along with the hydro-coated CAI lid that Emblem Pros is doing to match the other engine compartment pieces. Except on this CAI lid the plexiglass has been removed, and a gasket supplied by Eric@MPD1 will seal the hood to the lid creating true ram air induction. Also decided to go all in on the suspension and we added Pfadt Camber/Castor plates to the Pedders Xa Coilovers. I also got some front lens tint from Big Worm Graphix for the front turn signals.....I think that's everything to date & I know the words are useless without pics, but I promise plenty of pics when I bring the car back to LA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
Definitely a beautiful car you've got there. Be proud!
Thank you Nate, I'll have some nice engine bay pics for you coming up!

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:07 PM   #227
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
Hey j , missed you man , congrats for moving in to your new home ,I'm leaving for turkey today for a 4 day vacation with my wife ,I'll try and keep in touch from the Hayek if I find wifi there , my car is running like a beast ,I'm really happy with it ,my heritage grille and the cc arrive tomorrow so I guess Monday I'll install them and the AAC 2.0 kit and the strut brace all together , any pics after moving to your new home and of your car's new home . Post some pics when you have the ZL1 bumper installed .
Old 05-18-2012, 11:39 AM   #228
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
Hey j , missed you man , congrats for moving in to your new home ,I'm leaving for turkey today for a 4 day vacation with my wife ,I'll try and keep in touch from the Hayek if I find wifi there , my car is running like a beast ,I'm really happy with it ,my heritage grille and the cc arrive tomorrow so I guess Monday I'll install them and the AAC 2.0 kit and the strut brace all together , any pics after moving to your new home and of your car's new home . Post some pics when you have the ZL1 bumper installed .

Thank you my friend!!
You know I'll post plenty of pics, the ZL1EATR is a photo whore She'll be in her new garage next Thursday, so I'll have a bunch of pics of all the stuff we installed while I was moving.

Have a great time with the wife on vacation bro, and schedule that trip to Cali soon!

Old 05-18-2012, 03:17 PM   #229
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Sure thing buddy, thanks
Old 05-20-2012, 06:54 PM   #230
Tribute

Drives: 2012 SLP ZL770 #17 (Hugger Orange)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
Thank you my friend!!
You know I'll post plenty of pics, the ZL1EATR is a photo whore She'll be in her new garage next Thursday, so I'll have a bunch of pics of all the stuff we installed while I was moving.

Have a great time with the wife on vacation bro, and schedule that trip to Cali soon!
Looking forward to those pics!
Old 05-26-2012, 02:44 PM   #231
Kronix

Well, moving sucks!!! I mean it's good to finally be in Southern Cali, but just the whole process blows!!

Because of the move I had the shop take their time with the punch list since I have to still get the garage ready for it's new occupant. I did visit the shop on Thursday since I was back in the area. The bumper just looks SICK!!! My man Ray at Extreme modified the ZL1 Splitter that came from Gary's Customz, and it just really makes it look 1000 times better...

Here's the beveled edge we did

What it looked like before

Sorry for the shitty pics, it's still indoors but you get the idea. Just have to add the front tint to the front turn signals, DRLs already have the Big Worm 30% tint on there. Just waiting for the ported Throttle Body from RX. We added a black crinkle finish to the Jannetty Racing Tensioner to keep with the black engine theme.

Next pics I post, it should be in sunny SoCal, badged, trimmed and ready to rock!

Old 05-26-2012, 05:35 PM   #232
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Jesus man we missed you , I know you were moving and everything ,I hope your done by now , car looks killer amazing man ,real badazz I love it , it's got the stealthy aggressive look great work brotha .
Old 05-26-2012, 07:12 PM   #233
Dizzy

Drives: Black 2011 2ss
like the splitter good choice, well bro cant wait to see the car in person ciz i know pics dont do justice you know
Old 05-31-2012, 11:00 PM   #234
Kronix

Quick update....adding the ALKY Meth Kit tomorrow & Saturday. Looks like I'll have the car back in SoCal mid week. Dyno tuned to follow, and I've been told to be prepared for 7**rwhp....Could be getting a little out of control, in a good way

FYI: That's not the tank I'm using in pic.
Attached Images

Last edited by Kronix; 06-01-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:00 PM   #235
Tribute

Drives: 2012 SLP ZL770 #17 (Hugger Orange)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
Quick update....adding the ALKY Meth Kit tomorrow & Saturday. Looks like I'll have the car back in SoCal mid week. Dyno tuned to follow, and I've been told to be prepared for 7**rwhp....Could be getting a little out of control, in a good way

FYI: That's not the tank I'm using in pic.
Lol, I knew holding off on more power wasn't going to happen. ;-)

Lookin good!
Old 06-01-2012, 09:28 PM   #236
Infinite-T

Drives: 2011 1LT RS RJT
Damn bro, that thing is getting INSAIN!!! love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
If you'd rather drive a civic that eats your soul than a camaro that eats your wallet then thats your choice.
Infinite-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:33 PM   #237
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Kronix, What's up Dude? Looks like the ride is coming along....Still one of the coolest things around.....ABL99.....
Old 06-16-2012, 08:05 PM   #238
Kronix

Been slacking on my thread but not on the SS. The move to SoCal was a bitch, but finally getting settled in the new house and setting up the garage for the Camaro's arrival next week.

The ALKY Meth kit has been installed and let me tell you, it's a fantastic kit and upgrade. Everyone on the Corvette forum has nothing but good things to say about it, performance & safety wise. Many people don't realize that with a supercharged engine comes high heat and this Meth kit drastically helps reduce internal air temps up to 100-150 degrees. It also keeps the engine much cleaner as well. We actually reformed the stock windshield wiper bottle with a heat gun to make it work with the ZL1 brake ducts, and Julio from ALKY sent me a smaller washer bottle to use for the wiper fluid, since I'll be running straight Meth at boost. I better buy some stock in Pirelli, cause this beast is going to cook the rubber!

The mod bug never stops with me and I picked up a RX Ported Throttle Body from the guys at RX, they're great folks to deal with and the TB is really a thing of beauty! I'll attach a pic below. Good for even more HP

The ZL1 bumper fits flawlessly, and I upgraded all bulbs to AAC's Oracle Plasmas, to go along with their new "LED Ghosted Sidemarkers". Added 30% tint to my DRL's & the front Amber/Turn signals on the headlights, thanks to Big Worm Graphix.

I'll be bringing the SS home next week after it gets buffed out, then we'll be applying the special Onyx badges courtesy of Emblem Pros and then 185 mile test drive home and off to get tuned!!! I'm super stoked to finally be able to meet up with some of the SoCal crew and be able to finally have the one of a kind car that I built from the ground up!

The next time I'll be posting, I'll be reviewing the Meth kit and have plenty of pictures to post!
Attached Images

Tags
car of the week, cunningham motorsports, magnuson supercharger, pedders, zlx