Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-05-2014, 05:48 PM   #1
BlackoutLFX

Drives: 2012, Black 2LS
2ls with Sport Mode and manual mode

Just thought I would let you guys know that I changed some settings and zeroed a few tables out in hp tuners and now I have full sport and manual mode just like the lt and ss models. The only difference is it doesn't show up in the display you are in sport mode. whoop whoop Now on 2 the the next thing.
Nytrex 100 hp nitrous triple threat system, NytrexAccu-pressure bottle heater, HP tuners, K&N Typhoon CAI, MACE 6mm MI, Solo Performance high flow cats, Flowmaster American Thunder cat back exhaust system, BMR subframe connectors, BMR tunnel brace, BMR lowering springs, BMR Xtreme Anti-roll bar rear, Hotchkins Strut brace, SS/LS3 3.45 LSD, Axles, and hubs, Elite Engineering catch can, B&M Supercooler transmission cooler, FTI 3200 Stall.

Last edited by BlackoutLFX; 02-09-2014 at 09:04 AM.
BlackoutLFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:00 PM   #2
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
[QUOTE=BlackoutLFX;7397916]Just thought I would let you guys know that I changed some settings and zeroed a few tables out in hp tuners and now I have full sport and manual mode just like the lt and ss models. whoop whoop Now on the the next thing.[/QUOTE

Hey bro just pm d you!!!]
Old 02-05-2014, 06:29 PM   #3
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
[QUOTE=KILLA BEE;7397952]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackoutLFX View Post
Just thought I would let you guys know that I changed some settings and zeroed a few tables out in hp tuners and now I have full sport and manual mode just like the lt and ss models. whoop whoop Now on the the next thing.[/QUOTE

Hey bro just pm d you!!!]
according to the non 2ls ers we can't dyno ours cuz the third gear. So what's the trick bro.help plzzzzzzz. Im getting the hpt this month..my pm Did not go thru I guess

can u help a fellow 2ls er out. Prolly should just pm me. We're off topic
Old 02-05-2014, 07:28 PM   #4
bionick

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Just thought I would let you guys know that I changed some settings and zeroed a few tables out in hp tuners and now I have full sport and manual mode just like the lt and ss models. whoop whoop Now on the the next thing.
Did you install the paddle shifters?
And yeah it's hard to dyno without manual mode since you can't control what gear you are in and you also can't stay in the gear to whatever RPM you want. I wouldn't think it would be very accurate numbers
Old 02-05-2014, 07:31 PM   #5
Zig Zag

Drives: 2014 1LT
I have been lurking on the sidelines...
Congrats, hope you get the rest all sorted out.
Zig Zag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:43 PM   #6
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA BEE View Post
according to the non 2ls ers we can't dyno ours cuz the third gear. So what's the trick bro.help plzzzzzzz. Im getting the hpt this month..my pm Did not go thru I guess

That said...

Congrats on getting it to work! Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm still slightly skeptical as I asked what many people consider a PRO tuner on this forum if it could be turned on via HPT or EFI Live and he told me that it could not be turned on, but the trans shifting in D could be tuned to act like sport mode all the time.... I guess I should have just bought HPT myself and tried it before going out and getting another car. Not trying to put you down in any way shape or form, but if it was that easy why wouldn't one of the "pro" tuners have been enabling it for the last 2 years for people? If it works, that's great! A lot of 2LS owners would kill for this feature, I know I would have!!!
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:11 PM   #7
BlackoutLFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionick View Post
Did you install the paddle shifters?
And yeah it's hard to dyno without manual mode since you can't control what gear you are in and you also can't stay in the gear to whatever RPM you want. I wouldn't think it would be very accurate numbers
paddles from the factory.
Nytrex 100 hp nitrous triple threat system, NytrexAccu-pressure bottle heater, HP tuners, K&N Typhoon CAI, MACE 6mm MI, Solo Performance high flow cats, Flowmaster American Thunder cat back exhaust system, BMR subframe connectors, BMR tunnel brace, BMR lowering springs, BMR Xtreme Anti-roll bar rear, Hotchkins Strut brace, SS/LS3 3.45 LSD, Axles, and hubs, Elite Engineering catch can, B&M Supercooler transmission cooler, FTI 3200 Stall.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:26 PM   #8
BlackoutLFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post

That said...

Congrats on getting it to work! Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm still slightly skeptical as I asked what many people consider a PRO tuner on this forum if it could be turned on via HPT or EFI Live and he told me that it could not be turned on, but the trans shifting in D could be tuned to act like sport mode all the time.... I guess I should have just bought HPT myself and tried it before going out and getting another car. Not trying to put you down in any way shape or form, but if it was that easy why wouldn't one of the "pro" tuners have been enabling it for the last 2 years for people? If it works, that's great! A lot of 2LS owners would kill for this feature, I know I would have!!!
It works with the setting I have now....Tap shift is now enabled with the tap shifter. it will take off in second...it says shift denied if attempting to shift into 3rd at 0...never did that before...and it does stay in the gear you put it in without downshifting.....I zeroed out the downshift speed on several tables....and thats it...fully functioning tatd sport and m mode... I made sure all the settings were the same as on the lt tune. Maybe this should be a side business....2ls owners want sport and manual mode ht me up. LOL

Last edited by BlackoutLFX; 02-05-2014 at 09:58 PM.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:50 PM   #9
BlackoutLFX

Pics showing 0mph 2 gear and shift denied

Pics of 0 mph in 2nd, and shift denied.
Attached Images

Old 02-05-2014, 09:52 PM   #10
BlackoutLFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zig Zag View Post
I have been lurking on the sidelines...
Congrats, hope you get the rest all sorted out.
Thanks bro, nice ride
Old 02-05-2014, 10:16 PM   #11
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
2ls with Sport Mode and manual mode

Very cool! This is great news for 2ls owners! To be honest I'm kind of pissed off that I had to buy another car to get something I thought couldn't be turned on.

To be honest, I can't remember exactly who I talked to, but the list of people that I would consider contacting for a tune is very short. or exactly when, it was shortly after my failed Dyno day. I'm going to dig through my emails and pm's tomorrow and see if I can find the conversation.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:43 PM   #12
bionick

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Very cool! This is great news for 2ls owners! To be honest I'm kind of pissed off that I had to buy another car to get something I thought couldn't be turned on.

To be honest, I can't remember exactly who I talked to, but the list of people that I would consider contacting for a tune is very short. or exactly when, it was shortly after my failed Dyno day. I'm going to dig through my emails and pm's tomorrow and see if I can find the conversation.
That is a bummer BUT at least now you have something that was equipped with 3.27 gears and the manual mode from the factory. Not sure if it matters but at least now if something were to ever go wrong it would be covered, so I guess that's a plus?
Old 02-06-2014, 06:38 AM   #13
BlackoutLFX

Quote:

All I did was reverse engineer a lt tune by changing a few settings on the 2ls transmission tune to match the lt tune and it worked....

I made a picture tutorial last night, I can pm if you want to see the settings....
Old 02-06-2014, 05:57 PM   #14
Zig Zag

Drives: 2014 1LT
Quote:
Thanks bro, nice ride
Thanks, I've got a Master Tune EFI tuning kit in it so I have some idea what you're dealing with.
Except yours is several generations ahead and MUCH more complicated.
Very cool that you were able to figure it out and change it up.
Zig Zag is offline   Reply With Quote