Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-04-2009, 09:55 AM   #1
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
Talking Finally, My day has come.

Wow..my day has finally come, first off I have to thank God, none of this would be possible without the blessings and opportunities that I have luckily been given. Next off I have to thank Camaro5, it might sound crazy to some, but if it wasn’t for this site, I can almost guarantee I would not have ordered this car. So I have to give a big thanks to Tran and all the mods and all the wonderful people that I have met on this site. I have spent months on here on Camaro5, and there has been many great and sad memories made. I remember when I first joined the site back in August of 2008, I didn’t think there was ever a chance for me to buy a Camaro, but I never lost the faith. Then I find out that a new Camaro is going to be at the dealership on 9/26/08. I still remember reporting that story on here like it was yesterday, that’s when I knew Camaro5 was the place to be.

I remember all of the early reports, all the speculation that people had, ideas as to what would be included in the new car. I still remember when the first prices were announced and when the date was set that preorders were going to be accepted. A lot has happened from that time to now. I remember Number 3 getting his Camaro and sharing his stories so we could take part in the enjoyment, even before the car was available. I can remember FbodFather and all of his stories and always trying to keep things straight, because they did get a little crazy around here, especially when production was pushed back and all of the hype about ABL was in its prime. I witnessed all of the R6P orders waiting patiently, waiting for that first Camaro to roll down the line in March. I remember waiting for my order the first time, then cancelling, then re-ordering again on 5/25.
During all this time I have seen many Camaro deliveries, and I have enjoyed every one of them. There has been some memorable Camaros delivered, a lot of us can remember the first one that was delivered to a Camaro5 site member. Some remember PinkCamaro10, who debated going with a corvette, but with the help of some pink milk cartons, she surprised us all with a completely customized two-tone pink and black Camaro. There have been many other Camaro deliveries reported, all special in their own way. I enjoyed seeing that happiness that everyone had, and reading all of the stories that everyone wrote, describing their first drive, or some of their fondest memories so far. I’m not going to lie, I hated waiting, but I knew every second was going to be worth it. The days counting down to my TPW was where the wait really started to get hard, especially when I knew the car was only about a month away.

The months of September and October have been some of the most memorable. Some very sad moments when Number 3 and Thor were both returned to GM. There were so many memories shared out of those two cars we all hated to see them go.

I attended the MTI Camaro Fun Fest at the beginning of October, this had to be the hardest time by far that I didn’t have the car yet, but I had a great time there meeting a lot of people. I even got the chance to ride with Pink around the track.

Since the car was built, starting on my birthday! (10/20) I have been tracking it ever since. Months became weeks, now weeks had become days.
Along with the car, I have been lucky enough to be selected to receive one of the signed lithographs. That’s another thing I can remember like it was yesterday. I was riding home from church, Sunday morning 8/9/09 when I got the PM on my phone. That was some amazing news. I have to thank Mike, Super60, for doing this and all of the Oshawa employees for putting my car together and signing the lithograph. I will show this off with pride and make sure everyone knows the hard work that was put into making this car the best car ever.

For all of you who have been on this journey with me, I thank you for everything. At times it was a tough road but most of the time we had a blast. I couldn’t mention all of you that has had an impact but I feel I must mention a few: BB, Cam, Fen, Pink, Spike, GTA, Number 3, Tran, C_C, CG, PQ, NT, TAC, DIC, X, Dragoneye, Junkie, 68

My Camaro story is already a long one, I have had many more memories that I didn’t write about, some may say that getting the car finally is the end of the story, but I believe it’s just the beginning to this epic journey. Very soon I will be the owner of a 2010 Camaro.

So as I head to the dealership to pick up the new member of the family. I leave you all with a big thanks and when I look back on my life 50 years from now, I’ll always remember this day.
Justin.
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:58 AM   #2
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick

- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:58 AM   #3
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Congrats dude. I know you'll enjoy it.

And as always, thanks for buying Chevy.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:59 AM   #4
Tactical Z
Banned

Drives: Nissan Titan
Sweet!

Congrats Justin!
Tactical Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:59 AM   #5
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
And as always, thanks for buying Chevy.
Dude... you sound like you work for them. Did they finally hire you and you've just been putting us on about the whole ohio state thing?
- X

Old 11-04-2009, 10:02 AM   #6
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthos View Post
Dude... you sound like you work for them. Did they finally hire you and you've just been putting us on about the whole ohio state thing?
- X

I make it a point to thank people for buying GM, or just American. It's better off not just for GM families, but for America in the long run.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:06 AM   #7
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

I make it a point to thank people for buying GM, or just American. It's better off not just for GM families, but for America in the long run.
I know - I'm just joking around.

You'd totally tell us if you got hired at GM. In fact, I think it would probably be homepage news because you would post it in every thread in the forum. All 41,280 of them.
- X

Old 11-04-2009, 10:35 AM   #8
Camaro gal
is happy to be home :)

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Yay justin... maybe when i get to drive my car again... we can meet in the middle so i can admire the beauty Have an awesome day and we can't wait to see pictures!
Old 11-04-2009, 10:38 AM   #9
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Congrats! Don't forget the pics!

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:41 AM   #10
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
yaaaaaaaaaaay....
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:49 AM   #11
2010 2-Tone

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS with Custom Stripes
Enjoy your ride. It is an awesome piece of work!!!
2010 2-Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:59 AM   #12
herkman

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS, 69 Camaro
Congratulations! I could see your disappointment of not having the car yet at the MTI track day but it took a strong person to be there and celebrate everyone else's happiness. I'm glad you finally got your car and I can't wait to see it. ...Dude, over 10,000 posts?!!!!!!

Last edited by herkman; 11-04-2009 at 02:30 PM.
herkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 11:06 AM   #13
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Congrats Justin...enjoy it!!!!!
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 11:13 AM   #14
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
On the truck
Attached Images

ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote