Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 06-07-2015, 05:09 PM   #519
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_krazee View Post
Hubby and I spent most of the day reading about headers and exhausts. We have come to the decision that we haven't made a decision...lol.
We are going to wait until after C fest. i appreciate everyone's input. Looking forward to hearing (and seeing) your cars!
I finally made the decision that, once I chose my tuner, I would trust in his judgment on equipment. I chose Mike Norris "thevettedr" who also is an associate sponsor of our Camaro club. Mike sells only ARH, entrusting his reputation to their consistent quality fit and finish. There are obviously other good equipment makers and your tuner of choice will have equipment suppliers he trusts. It's not a bad idea to choose tuner first, then let him guide you on the equipment choice,
Old 06-07-2015, 05:18 PM   #520
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydriver View Post
I finally made the decision that, once I chose my tuner, I would trust in his judgment on equipment. I chose Mike Norris "thevettedr" who also is an associate sponsor of our Camaro club. Mike sells only ARH, entrusting his reputation to their consistent quality fit and finish. There are obviously other good equipment makers and your tuner of choice will have equipment suppliers he trusts. It's not a bad idea to choose tuner first, then let him guide you on the equipment choice,
Slowhawk also prefers and recommends ARH for the headers, he stands by that product.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 10:54 AM   #521
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Drives: '12 2LT/RS; '14 2SS/RS LS3 SSE
ARH FTW! lol. I heard back from the tuner we are going to use. They use TSP, but his top of the line would be ARH. so we are in the process of getting things set up for the "BIG job"...headers, exhaust, tune. Will keep my CAI of course.(they offer rotofab).
Planning to do it after fest, as I still want to be as knowledgable as possible and I'm sure there will be plenty of learning opportunities at fest! Yay! Can hardly wait!

Be well my friends! Have a great week!
Old 06-10-2015, 02:29 PM   #522
ntmad8tr
Music City Camaro Club

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Spring Special Edition
I will throw the pitch in for Kooks. Mine are great. Perfect fit up, great quality, great sound and nice gains. Some people argue with the price but I have always been a "you get what you pay for" type of person. Not saying the other brands are bad, just going off of experience with my current set of headers and some bad experiences of others with other headers. Don't forget to find me at the Fest and you can hear my full Kooks setup.
EMC(SS) USN RET. 2014 2SS Spring Special Edition,1 of 293. Cold Air Inc. CAI,Apex Catch Can, Kooks 1-7/8" headers, Kooks HF Cats, X-pipe, Kooks mufflers,Graphite, BMR Toe links, BMR rear trailing arms, MRR228s,RGB ORACLE Colorshift Halos, RGB LED Engine bay and Grille lighting, Diode Dynamics RGB Fog Lights. NightOwl LED control system. Painted engine cover by S.L. Customs. River Cities Creations painted strut brace. My Build Thread
ntmad8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 03:31 PM   #523
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntmad8tr View Post
I will throw the pitch in for Kooks. Mine are great. Perfect fit up, great quality, great sound and nice gains. Some people argue with the price but I have always been a "you get what you pay for" type of person. Not saying the other brands are bad, just going off of experience with my current set of headers and some bad experiences of others with other headers. Don't forget to find me at the Fest and you can hear my full Kooks setup.
Definitely going to look you up at fest! At this point, we could go either way, as the shop we're going to use sells both Kooks and ARH. I'm sure I'd be deeee-lighted with either brand!

I actually got another email after my above post this morning, and I think we are going to keep our factory exhaust with hi flow cats....but we'll see.

Are your Kooks coated?

Old 06-10-2015, 04:08 PM   #524
ntmad8tr
Music City Camaro Club

Nope. Didn't have them coated. Those factory mufflers with a ton. I think both of my Kooks mufflers combined didn't weigh as much as one of those stock mufflers.
EMC(SS) USN RET. 2014 2SS Spring Special Edition,1 of 293. Cold Air Inc. CAI,Apex Catch Can, Kooks 1-7/8" headers, Kooks HF Cats, X-pipe, Kooks mufflers,Graphite, BMR Toe links, BMR rear trailing arms, MRR228s,RGB ORACLE Colorshift Halos, RGB LED Engine bay and Grille lighting, Diode Dynamics RGB Fog Lights. NightOwl LED control system. Painted engine cover by S.L. Customs. River Cities Creations painted strut brace. My Build Thread
Old 06-15-2015, 08:15 PM   #525
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Quote:
Nope. Didn't have them coated. Those factory mufflers with a ton. I think both of my Kooks mufflers combined didn't weigh as much as one of those stock mufflers.
Good to know! I had really never given much thought about that.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:54 PM   #526
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Fly by...
Nothing new...not a d@mn thing. lol.
Working the pre op unit in the morning. Will need to get up at 0345 to get to work by 0515...aacckk! Storms forecasted for tomorrow so looks like I'll drive the Tahoe.

Happy week end all!
Old 06-25-2015, 09:59 PM   #527
ntmad8tr
Music City Camaro Club

I am working starting tomorrow until Saturday then off Sat and Sun and then work Monday thru Friday morning. 12.5 hrs with an hr drive each way. Leave at 5ish get home at about 8:30pm ish. So not a lot going to happen here car wise for a couple of weeks and really I don't have any mods to do. I have to check the Beech Bend drag way schedule and see when they are going to have some open test and tune type nights, would like to get a few runs on the track before the fest.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:19 AM   #528
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Quote:
I am working starting tomorrow until Saturday then off Sat and Sun and then work Monday thru Friday morning. 12.5 hrs with an hr drive each way. Leave at 5ish get home at about 8:30pm ish. So not a lot going to happen here car wise for a couple of weeks and really I don't have any mods to do. I have to check the Beech Bend drag way schedule and see when they are going to have some open test and tune type nights, would like to get a few runs on the track before the fest.
Hope your hellish work schedule is better! I have a potential "rough" patch coming up this week....aacckk! Will be on call more than off call...sure hope it's quite! Getting called out at 0200 is hard on my tired old body...not to mention it makes dark circles under the eyes...har!
Old 07-10-2015, 09:05 AM   #529
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Status quo. On call for this week end starting this afternoon. Working 3 more days this month, then it will be time to look towards BGKY! Can hardly wait!
Everyone have a grand w/e and try to stay cool!(we're suppose to be near 100...aacckk!)
Old 07-13-2015, 03:26 PM   #530
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Had an uneventful week end of call...PTL! On call again Wednesday then no more call until mid August after fest. So....kinda getting in vacation mode...yay! Looking very forward to meeting my "online" C5 friends!
Old 07-19-2015, 05:31 PM   #531
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Just got home from a BIG cruise in with our neighbors from KS. OKCamaros had 29 cars, Heartland Camaro club from KS came with 19, and the Mopar club joined us as well with about 24 vehicles. We had over 100 peeps for lunch! We invaded Stillwater, OK!
Glad I made the reservations for 96+. We actually took up all the main dining space and some of the private party room as well! It was truly a blast!
Next up...FEST! YES!
Old 07-19-2015, 06:07 PM   #532
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Have fun at the fest!
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote