Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 09-20-2015, 09:42 AM   #1
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2021 Corvette Convertible
Trunk clearance netting completely detached itself from pull-out rod.

Anyone have the trunk clearance netting replaced? How involved is the replacement? Mine decided this weekend to completely detach itself from the pull-out rod. I'm trying to decide whether to disconnect the sensor or have the dealer replace the netting.
Attached Images

Old 09-23-2015, 06:12 AM   #2
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
I would have them replace it, but that is just my opinion. You can bypass the sensor and not use it, but the 1st time you have something in the trunk that sticks up too far, smash, there does the window...

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 07:29 AM   #3
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2021 Corvette Convertible
I went with the dealer replacing. They ordered the part Monday and will install it tomorrow.

As an FYI, you can still get the top to go down without the netting pulled all the way out just by placing the detached pull-out bar in the designated slots along the sides of the trunk. There's something in the bar that activates the sensor which I believe is located in the driver's side slot.
Old 09-26-2015, 09:25 PM   #4
The Patriot

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS VERT
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCamOwner View Post
I would have them replace it, but that is just my opinion. You can bypass the sensor and not use it, but the 1st time you have something in the trunk that sticks up too far, smash, there does the window...

There goes the entire top since the window is not replaceable!

"Today I didn't even have to use my AK, I got ta' say it was a good day"
The Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 09:25 AM   #5
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
there is a magnet in the drivers side of that pullout rod(dont ask me how I know)
I found that normal use of the pullout screen basically destroys it within a matter of months, I had mine replaced but however, I still managed to just reach behind the sensor where the bar rests and just unplug the sensor, and now I just leave the screen retracted, I watch and pay close attention to what I have in the trunk and hav e not had an issue yet. To me that whole retractable screen idea is just plain ridiculous....
Old 09-28-2015, 04:22 PM   #6
Angella
~Living the Dream~

Drives: 11 2SSRS Vert, 11 CBR250
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007s 'Vert View Post
there is a magnet in the drivers side of that pullout rod(dont ask me how I know)
I found that normal use of the pullout screen basically destroys it within a matter of months, I had mine replaced but however, I still managed to just reach behind the sensor where the bar rests and just unplug the sensor, and now I just leave the screen retracted, I watch and pay close attention to what I have in the trunk and hav e not had an issue yet. To me that whole retractable screen idea is just plain ridiculous....
I am right there with you. I haven't unplugged the sensor but I think it is a ridiculous idea. Especially when I forget to pull the screen out try to open my top and have to walk to the back of the car to pull the bar out. Not so fun on the side of the highway..