Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-22-2020, 02:47 PM   #57
hfur
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Chevy camaro
Angry what! no green

Green metallic gone after one year...….No!:
hfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 02:57 PM   #58
Malbjey

Drives: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2
Christ you guys are being dense. You buy a 1LE because you want a fast Camaro designed for putting down fast lap times. You are wasting your money otherwise. Just buy a standard SS. The automatic will MOST LIKELY be faster than the manual.

It always amazes me that someone wants a car that puts outs fast lap times, and then complains when an auto is offered. Why even buy a 1LE???
Malbjey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 03:24 PM   #59
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScatPack View Post
The people cry babying about this seem to forget that GM put the auto in the vette GS, Z06 and ZR1 and they are KINGS on the track over the slower manuals.
Sure, if the only turns on your track are the U-turn onto the return road and maybe the turn into the pits. I could have told you to expect that to happen, 50 years ago.

Camaro6 really isn't the place to be talking about Corvettes and their powertrain combinations. But I will say that the 7th gen Z51 that I did get to very briefly drive on a real road course just wouldn't have been the same if it had been an automatic.

Norm
Old 03-22-2020, 03:46 PM   #60
Bob RS

Drives: 2019 Camaro RS 1LT
I agree, the RS package is a great deal. Unique led taillights, decklid spoiler, 20 inch wheels, and the front end just looks better. As for the Wireless Android auto on the 2020 model's and down it ain't happening. Just like when they came out with Sirius XM 360l on the 2020 models and the 19, 18 17 and 16 can't have it. Even though the Infotainment 3system look the same the hardware is different. As I'm sure with this wireless charging with the new Android auto it is operating on a different Hardware system. I always thought with this Infotainment 3system it was capable of updating and downloading to keep up with the changes. I was told my 2019 Camaro operates on a 2.5 hardware system and the 2020 operates at 3.0. And order to get to 3.0 I was told you have to swap out the whole module.
Bob RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 04:07 PM   #61
98_Camaro

Drives: 2016 2SS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
  • The SS 1LE is widely recognized as a world class sports car. The A10 option can only enhance that.
  • The manual equipped SS 1LE is still available - for the purists
  • Automatic transmission equipped cars are faster than manual.
  • No conflict with heritage. The first, gen3, 1LEs came with an automatic transmission if the optional 5.7L was specified.

I don’t see the problem.

I owned an A8 SS and loved the driving experience. The shudder issues is the only reason I sold it.
The problem is all the boomers here who think a manual is the only way to go and that, somehow, there's any heritage or meaning tied to the monicker and its options. Newsflash: the 10-speed is faster than the stick and they should've added the auto option at launch. Driving stick isn't some secret elite club either; I picked it up in a couple hours as could anyone else. It also sucks eggs having to kick a clutch for 2 hours in LA traffic.
2016 Summit White 2SS Coupe M6, NPP, & MRC
Now Driving:
2016 Torch Red Corvette 2LT, NPP, MRC
98_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 04:10 PM   #62
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
I"ll believe it when I see old people not flocking to Subaru Foresters and the like. From an ergonomic perspective (my training) it makes no sense, older people have trouble turning their neck and ingress/egressing from something like a Camaro. Best is usually a lowered pickup truck/SUV/mini-van type. You can tell me that older folks are buying manual transmissions...hell, maybe some of them even know how to drive one, but it's sure not what I see them buying and driving.
What I was mostly getting at was the implication that ALL seniors ONLY want automatics. And now you're apparently questioning the ability of us who still 'drive stick' to drive it with any semblance of skill. We aren't all as decrepit as you may think.

Quote:
My point is older people like you, your demographic, are creating the pressure for automatic transmissions just as much, or more than, any other demographic, especially when we think about numbers of baby boomers...
I would guess that most people in my age group who have gone over to drive AT vehicles did so two or three decades ago. These days, the migration to ATs is going to happen at an even younger age, given that most people in the market for a family car head straight for SUVs and CUVs. We all know what that means as far as transmission "choice" goes.

I would go so far as to suggest that most of my fellow 'boomers' never pictured the MT ever going extinct when they bought their first AT vehicle. People just don't look that far ahead. After that, AT was simply the choice of least resistance.

Norm
Old 03-22-2020, 04:27 PM   #63
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_Camaro View Post
The problem is all the boomers here who think a manual is the only way to go and that, somehow, there's any heritage or meaning tied to the monicker and its options.
It's not that at all, or at least it's not just that. The door as been opened a crack toward the MT's ultimate demise at least in the Camaro. My question to you is, if the A10 ever gets dropped in favor of a CVT, will you be as ready to jump from A10 to CVT? I have a suspicion that maybe not.

Quote:
Newsflash: the 10-speed is faster than the stick and they should've added the auto option at launch.
We get that. For some of us, the performance you gain isn't worth what you give up to get it.

Quote:
Driving stick isn't some secret elite club either; I picked it up in a couple hours as could anyone else. It also sucks eggs having to kick a clutch for 2 hours in LA traffic.
Nobody said it was difficult to learn. After that, it's a lot about what you make it out to be.

Personally, I wouldn't live where I was facing a 2 hour commute even if I had an automatic to drive. Truth is, it was the guaranteed minimum of an hour and fifteen minutes coming home out of Boston (1965 - 1970 time frame) when the only cars available to me were automatics that led me to decide against ever living where the commute was going to suck that badly.

Norm
Old 03-22-2020, 04:31 PM   #64
Zapote21
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 2SS
So if I would have known, I would have waited a year for my 1LE. Only reason I didnt go 1LE with my shock is no auto.
Also I had a Stingray in 2016, it was an auto. Loved it
2016 C7 DSOM
2012 2SS yellow vert
2017 2LT Krypton Green
2018 2LT Hot wheels crush
2020 2SS Shock vert.
2017 2SS Krypton Green coupe
Zapote21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 04:34 PM   #65
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
We get that. For some of us, the performance you gain isn't worth what you give up to get it.
YOU don’t have to buy one. YOU can get one with a manual.

Win - Win

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 04:36 PM   #66
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
YOU don’t have to buy one. YOU can get one with a manual.

Win - Win
Exactly . . . the operative thought being "for now".

But between my old-geezer compatriots and everybody whose love for a car is tied so tightly to its 0-60 and ET stats, the future just got a little dimmer.

Norm
Old 03-22-2020, 04:41 PM   #67
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Exactly . . . the operative thought being "for now".

Norm
I would welcome a gen7, Alpha2, 495 HP LT2 with a DCT. I fear that is not going to happen.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 04:43 PM   #68
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malbjey View Post
Christ you guys are being dense. You buy a 1LE because you want a fast Camaro designed for putting down fast lap times.
Actually no, bought it for the ultimate in visceral experience driver's-car. One of the last great manual transmission cars...

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 04:45 PM   #69
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
What I was mostly getting at was the implication that ALL seniors ONLY want automatics. And now you're apparently questioning the ability of us who still 'drive stick' to drive it with any semblance of skill. We aren't all as decrepit as you may think.
Maybe not, but numbers of seniors buying manuals is infinitesimally small. To try and blame millenials for the prevalence of autos when this is the case is ridiculous. It's just as much your age group, possibly more.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 05:03 PM   #70
Paulie-G

Drives: 2SS 1LE & ZR2
Meh. Clearly the camaro was diluted when you could get one without a V8.

No longer a purest Pony car.

Amiright?
Paulie-G is offline   Reply With Quote