Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 12-03-2020, 01:02 PM   #15
LarryD

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Manual Trans
I just checked the rear view mirror. It was actually loose so I slid it up and off the mount. There is a cable there that supports the mirror lights etc. and it appeared to be plugged in securely. I didn't see anything like an antenna cable.

The sensors tested ok per the test box that GM used on it reading the sensor output at each wheel...
LarryD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 03:21 PM   #16
LarryD

After a lot of searching, I finally found the following in another thread. Checked with my Chev dealer and they said it hadn't been done on my car. They said "it wasn't attached" to my VIN number. My VIN is lower than the breakover so it should apply. I will check one of my old tires to make sure the sensors match and, if they do, the next step is to have this TSB done... They want $130 to do the TSB, very irritating since this is a design defect... Fortunately I have an extended warranty that covers the BCD.

Document ID: 2365988
#PIC5174G: Difficulty With Tire Pressure Indicator Sensor Learn Process - accessories accessory BCM GM inch monitor program RCDLR receiver suspension TPM wheel - (Nov 2, 2009)

Subjectifficulty With Tire Pressure Indicator Sensor Learn Process

Models:2010 Buick LaCrosse
2010 Chevrolet Camaro
2010 Chevrolet Equinox

This PI was superseded to correct VIN breaks. Please discard PIC5174F.
The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.
<A href="http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?docSyskey=2365988&releaseDate=2009-11-02&name=Difficulty+With+Tire+Pressure+Indicator+S e nsor+Learn+Process+-+accessories+accessory+BCM+GM+inch+monitor+program +RCDLR+receiver+suspension+TPM+wheel&from=ns&bulle ti#ss1-2365988">Condition/Concern:

When performing a tire pressure indicator system learn after a tire rotation or service (including Camaro after installing SPO 21 inch accessory wheels), you may encounter an issue during the relearning process, after relearning 1 to 3 of the 4 tire pressure monitor sensors, the system will time out and not complete. This is due to a BCM software issue that allows the system to pick other vehicle signals in the area and fill up the BCM storage buffers.
Note: If the learn process does not properly complete the system will set a TPMS light and DTC.
<A href="http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?docSyskey=2365988&releaseDate=2009-11-02&name=Difficulty+With+Tire+Pressure+Indicator+S e nsor+Learn+Process+-+accessories+accessory+BCM+GM+inch+monitor+program +RCDLR+receiver+suspension+TPM+wheel&from=ns&bulle ti#ss2-2365988">Recommendation/Instructions:

DO NOT replace a TPMS or BCM for this issue.
If your vehicle was built before the below breakpoints, there is a new BCM calibration to correct this condition.
Vehicle
VIN Breakpoint (last 8 digits)
2010 Buick LaCrosse
AF113760
2010 Chevy Camaro
A9132183
2010 Chevy Equinox
A6209664
If built before please follow the below pathing for programming.
Reprogram the Body Control Module (BCM) using TIS2WEB, with the latest calibration. In the TIS2WEB screen, be sure the calibration within the BCM selections for the Chassis Control or I/P Occupant Display lists the calibration that states "New software set to resolve TPMS manual learn".
Important: After reprogramming BCM the following must also be completed or vehicle will return:
Note: After programming the BCM It will be necessary to perform the (BPP) Brake Pedal Position sensor calibration. If the BPP sensor calibration is not performed, a DTC C0277 will be set and the cruise control will be inoperative. This may also cause a concern with the brake lights not coming on with a light brake apply. If the BPP sensor is not calibrated, it may take more brake pedal travel to turn the brake lights on.
There are two different methods to perform the BPP sensor calibration.
Method 1 using the MDI tool and Service Programming System (SPS) on the TIS terminal.
<LI type=1>Connect the MDI tool to the vehicle and access Service Programming System (SPS) on the TIS terminal. <LI type=1>Build the vehicle on the Service Programming System.
Select BCM Setup, and follow the instruction on the SPS terminal.
Method 2, using the MDI and GDS software.
<LI type=1>Connect the MDI tool to the vehicle. <LI type=1>Use the GDS software, and connect to the MDI. <LI type=1>Build the vehicle on the GDS software. <LI type=1>Select Module Diagnosis. <LI type=1>Select Body Control Module. <LI type=1>Select Configuration/Reset Functions.
Select Brake Pedal Position Sensor Learn.
Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.
GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.
Old 12-07-2020, 09:52 AM   #17
LarryD

So, I managed to get the bead broken down and pulled one of the old working sensors. It is a Schrader 315Mhz P/N 1936162056. The new sensors are AC Delco 315MHz P/N 13598772.

Don't know if this has any bearing on the situation or not. They still won't program and now I can't get the BCM into programming mode. Guessing it must be the BCM.

Is there a way to reset the BCM without resetting the whole car?