Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-27-2017, 12:38 PM   #1
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Question What Should I Use To Ship Exhaust (and other questions)?

So I am selling my 3 inch catback. I will most likely be using 2 boxes I think that will be cheaper/easier am I right? What shipping company should I use the isn't crazy expensive and good? How much do you estimate this will cost? It's going from Philadelphia to north eastern Ohio. Any other tips?

Attached Images

Old 01-27-2017, 12:50 PM   #2
SynergyGreenSS

Drives: 2011 2SS
Package it yourself. I just shipped an exhaust from socal to Colorado. I put each part of the exhaust in different boxes totaling 6 boxes. They told me packaging would be $400. No thank you... you could use a freight service too like ups freight or FedEx freight. No matter what it'll probably be a few hundred
LSA Supercharger, BTR Stage 3 PDS Cam, Yank 3200SS, Weapon X Stage 2 intake, LSA Heads, Flex Fuel, Ported throttle body, Speed Engineering Headers, NOWEEDS, ZL1 fuel pump, DSX AUX Pump, ID-1050X injectors, 3” pipe to NPP mufflers, 3.91 gears
SynergyGreenSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 01:27 PM   #3
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynergyGreenSS View Post
Package it yourself. I just shipped an exhaust from socal to Colorado. I put each part of the exhaust in different boxes totaling 6 boxes. They told me packaging would be $400. No thank you... you could use a freight service too like ups freight or FedEx freight. No matter what it'll probably be a few hundred
How much did it cost you? And what did u use. Yea it won't make sense to ship if it costs that much.
Old 01-27-2017, 06:46 PM   #4
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
I use UPS for all of my bigger packages. Just break down the catback as much as possible. They ship based off of box size and weight. You can find a calculator on their website for you to entire the package info as well as where its shipping from and to that gives you a pretty good idea.
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote