Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-03-2014, 11:30 AM   #141
strtsol1109

Drives: ZTS pearl in autoflex
Last I checked in most cars you have to change injectors, fuel lines, the sock on the pump all the time. You can't just put e85 in and go, thats what makes it not a bolt on
Full MBRP 3in exhaust, Vitesse TC, BBK LT, black iceolator, VMAX TB, vararam, LG coils, zl1 reps, zl1 front bumper, zl1 grille, zl1 rockers, CF Copo hood, CF trunk, gm blade wing, HAVOC diffuser, APR splitter, dipped SS calipers
strtsol1109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:31 AM   #142
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by strtsol1109 View Post
Last I checked in most cars you have to change injectors, fuel lines, the sock on the pump all the time. You can't just put e85 in and go, thats what makes it not a bolt on
Well considering you don't have to in this car, then by your logic it is a bolt on

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 01:49 PM   #143
strtsol1109

I've honestly never researched it for the camaro, again is my dd... So you can just run e85 with no mods?
Full MBRP 3in exhaust, Vitesse TC, BBK LT, black iceolator, VMAX TB, vararam, LG coils, zl1 reps, zl1 front bumper, zl1 grille, zl1 rockers, CF Copo hood, CF trunk, gm blade wing, HAVOC diffuser, APR splitter, dipped SS calipers
Old 08-03-2014, 05:40 PM   #144
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Why is E85 not bolt on?

And Ruby is your tuner planning on doing a little more work to the tune in the future?

Sent from my HTC One_M8
Yes. Once we learn what we need to know from other tuners, HP & other folks who have dealt with this issue we will do some tweaking & add anything new to the tune too since it is still in Beta. It will be a while though as they are a pretty good drive from me & it takes some planning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Ruby any plans for more vids? Like something
from outside the car?

I hope to get some videos from outside. Problem is finding a good place. For sure I'll get some solo runs at the club's drag race event on the local 1/8th mi track & at LS Fest in Bowling Green on the 1/4 mi track, both are in September. I'm also hoping to convince Apex Chase to come down to the LS fest & do another professional grade video of my set-up. I did a little start-up one this morning but I don't hear a lot of difference at start-up. I'll get it downloaded in a few min.
Old 08-03-2014, 05:50 PM   #145
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by strtsol1109 View Post
I've honestly never researched it for the camaro, again is my dd... So you can just run e85 with no mods?
What is your problem?? You come in here seriously with the intention of dogging Ruby's results and then try to start an LLT vs LFX war when you seem to have no clue what your talking about.

You think 251 rwhp for you car is high??

You think running e85 requires all that??

You don't believe the posted dyno results??? (which by the way, I maintain that thread, and all of those results have or had posted dyno sheets with mods listed as proof)

Do us a favor and get off this forum if you want to post up childish stuff like this...its complete non-sense and waste of time.

If you got a problem with my post...private message me if you'd like to argue further.

Last edited by KMPrenger; 08-03-2014 at 06:13 PM.
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 06:40 PM   #146
RubyCamaro
Jan

Well I was wrong, Ruby does sound different at cold start-up. I have a little before clip but dummy me pointed the camera at the ground (more worried about getting the sound than a pic) and then today's after clip.

Before:

After:

Old 08-03-2014, 10:12 PM   #147
strtsol1109

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
What is your problem?? You come in here seriously with the intention of dogging Ruby's results and then try to start an LLT vs LFX war when you seem to have no clue what your talking about.

You think 251 rwhp for you car is high??

You think running e85 requires all that??

You don't believe the posted dyno results??? (which by the way, I maintain that thread, and all of those results have or had posted dyno sheets with mods listed as proof)

Do us a favor and get off this forum if you want to post up childish stuff like this...its complete non-sense and waste of time.

If you got a problem with my post...private message me if you'd like to argue further.
Lol you guys are funny, V6 power for lifeeeeee... Anyway, said something dumb about let's line em up first after I made a statement WHICH IM STILL RIGHT ABOUT, that a bolt on lfx will make more then a bolt on llt. I think 251 is a joke, but again it's my dd so no I don't really care what it makes, there's also 0 e85 pumps in my area so no I never looked into it in this car, I have however built multiple boosted cars that ran e85 and had to change a good bit for it to run correctly on it.

And I don't care what u "maintain" your an idiot to think a llt makes that power with a axle back and cheap intake but full bolt ons tuned aren't making 20 near it. Let's be real genius.

I don't see how me talking about our cars is childish? I'm sorry I'll argue back when someone says something.

Don't get your panties in a bunch, I'm sorry I think these cars make shit power after all the mods and after 4 years still can't be tuned right...
Old 08-03-2014, 10:29 PM   #148
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Guys need to settle down in here. It's pretty obvious, if you know anything about cars, dyno numbers don't really mean anything, by themselves. You can have a stock v6 Camaro showing 230hp on one dyno, and have that same car on another dyno show 250hp. Dude asked to show him a car with 270hp with bolt ons, and it was provided. You don't like the proof, too bad.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:33 PM   #149
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Oh, and got proof about the LFX vs LLT, or do you just like listening to yourself?
Old 08-03-2014, 10:34 PM   #150
Desertion

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS Transformer Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Guys need to settle down in here. It's pretty obvious, if you know anything about cars, dyno numbers don't really mean anything, by themselves. You can have a stock v6 Camaro showing 230hp on one dyno, and have that same car on another dyno show 250hp. Dude asked to show him a car with 270hp with bolt ons, and it was provided. You don't like the proof, too bad.
Now back to the topic
Old 08-03-2014, 10:55 PM   #151
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM

Glad you finally got your mods installed Ruby congratz!!!
Old 08-04-2014, 06:37 AM   #152
RubyCamaro
Jan

Thanks Kevin. I'm pretty happy about it.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:00 PM   #153
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Yes. Once we learn what we need to know from other tuners, HP & other folks who have dealt with this issue we will do some tweaking & add anything new to the tune too since it is still in Beta. It will be a while though as they are a pretty good drive from me & it takes some planning.
It's good to hear that they are working with you. Overall the car sounds good, but the I am not sure if its the videos but it is quieter than I had expected.

Can't wait to see what she will do going down the quarter mile now.
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 01:19 PM   #154
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Sounds good! I have my LTs installed, can feel the difference in power but have yet to tune or dyno it. 11hp would of made me kind of mad though lol. (after all the money is spent)

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote