Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-25-2008, 08:24 PM   #1
GM4LIFE
*KissMySS*13 my other 1/2

Drives: 1986 Pontiac Fiero SE
What exactly are the options going to be and guess on price????

hello everyone, im new here... but I am seriously considering in either buying a 2010 Chevy Camaro RS V6 or a 2009 Pontiac G8 V6. Im leaning heavily towards the Camaro even tho all ive ever had in my life is Pontiacs. also does anyone know if the new camaro will have HUD??? also if anyone knows... how much is each options. i want to get rid of my 08 G5 GT and get a real car. so please help me out!! THANKS
GM4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:48 PM   #2
Silverghost

Drives: Z28
Camaro is scheduled to have HUD in late 2009

Here is what is known on options as of now
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5251

www.rivercityperformance.com
Silverghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:04 PM   #3
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverghost View Post
Camaro is scheduled to have HUD in late 2009

Here is what is known on options as of now
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5251
See that thread. For a short list, you've got the RS package that adds the SS spoiler to the V6, specially treated SS rims, dark tails, and HID headlights; leather will come with ambient lighting in either orange or blue; stripes in cyber grey or white in either hockey stick or twin-stripe (middle of hood to trunk) designs with more options from dealers; HUD in fall 2009; 18", 19", and 20" options for the V6; GMPP ground effects kit and the usual GMPP accessories; manual or automatic 6-speeds; a Boston Acoustics 9-speaker sound system (may want to add an amp due to low rating); LS, LT, and SS trims; possibly a future Bumblebee Camaro (conflicting reports from GM).
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:16 PM   #4
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4LIFE View Post
hello everyone, im new here... but I am seriously considering in either buying a 2010 Chevy Camaro RS V6 or a 2009 Pontiac G8 V6. Im leaning heavily towards the Camaro even tho all ive ever had in my life is Pontiacs. also does anyone know if the new camaro will have HUD??? also if anyone knows... how much is each options. i want to get rid of my 08 G5 GT and get a real car. so please help me out!! THANKS
Welcome to the Site!

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:31 PM   #5
GM4LIFE

that helps A LOT for me and thanks for the welcome!

I also have another question I want the car ASAP, production will start in feb. 09 correct me if im wrong... but how or when can I get my order in. My
G5 is paid off... sucks that the HUD comes later.. I wonder if my dealership could add that in later. Im going to buy my car from my buddy that works at a Pontiac dealership in Hastings NE. Ive talked to his boss and I help out at the dealership from time to time and they can get me a Camaro, his boss told me they will get it for me at the dealerships cost and he also said theyd give me around $17000 for my G5.
Can I get my order in now? or how does that work? is it even in GM autobook yet?
Old 08-26-2008, 12:32 AM   #6
Cessna510
Gm loyalist

Drives: 04 z71 tahoe\99 SS m6
You'd have to go to your dealer and get your name on the waiting list. We won't have any prices until late this year,so it's all speculation for now.Welcome to the forum there are some SHARP people on here and we are the first to find out new info...it's like crackmaro5.com for me
Old 08-26-2008, 01:14 AM   #7
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Quote:

I also have another question I want the car ASAP, production will start in feb. 09 correct me if im wrong... but how or when can I get my order in. My
G5 is paid off... sucks that the HUD comes later.. I wonder if my dealership could add that in later. Im going to buy my car from my buddy that works at a Pontiac dealership in Hastings NE. Ive talked to his boss and I help out at the dealership from time to time and they can get me a Camaro, his boss told me they will get it for me at the dealerships cost and he also said theyd give me around $17000 for my G5.
Can I get my order in now? or how does that work? is it even in GM autobook yet?
As far as the hud the only other option really is a DEFI VSD-X or wait. I doubt it would be ez to add it later. There are some articles out there where people had added it in but that was on productions that had it as an option. Like Nissan and Pontiac.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 01:44 AM   #8
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
Quote:

Just a question, how the hell is your 08 G5 GT already paid off?!

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:47 PM   #9
GM4LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Just a question, how the hell is your 08 G5 GT already paid off?!
I work A LOT!!! LOL! I work for a internet service provider as a tech, M-F 8-5, make good money there, and I also work at Napa Auto Parts as a Counterman Saturdays and Sundays and they give me a free tank of gas each week and pay me VERY good as well. I also have my own computer repair business that I operate each evening. Im only 20 i turn 21 in december... but im still living with my parents, save some cash that way. THATS how I got a 6 year loan paid off in 9 months.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:55 PM   #10
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
Quote:

Unfortunately, you can't order anything yet and if a dealer says you can, they're lying. The pricing and ordering guides come out in December and GM will start taking orders in January. You may be able to get on a dealers list, but that's about it as of right now.
As far as your trade goes, I don't see how they could give you $17,000 for it when you can buy a brand new G5 for $16,500 (before any rebates). Even a G5 GT is only $21,775. If they gave you $17,000 they would have to put in on their lot for about $21,000 in order to be able to give the customer a discount and still make a profit, so I would talk to your friend a little more about that.
Chevyrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 01:08 PM   #11
GM4LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsenn View Post
Unfortunately, you can't order anything yet and if a dealer says you can, they're lying. The pricing and ordering guides come out in December and GM will start taking orders in January. You may be able to get on a dealers list, but that's about it as of right now.
As far as your trade goes, I don't see how they could give you $17,000 for it when you can buy a brand new G5 for $16,500 (before any rebates). Even a G5 GT is only $21,775. If they gave you $17,000 they would have to put in on their lot for about $21,000 in order to be able to give the customer a discount and still make a profit, so I would talk to your friend a little more about that.
Ok, I kind of thought that $17,000 was kind of high for a car that has 17k miles on it right now.... and it will have more than that when I trade. I will have to talk to him about that. but if I put a $500 deposit, is it just reserving a car for me from the dealership because I have no idea how that works??? Or is it best just to wait til december then order? and then place the 500 deposit.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:26 PM   #12
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Quote:
Ok, I kind of thought that $17,000 was kind of high for a car that has 17k miles on it right now.... and it will have more than that when I trade. I will have to talk to him about that. but if I put a $500 deposit, is it just reserving a car for me from the dealership because I have no idea how that works??? Or is it best just to wait til december then order? and then place the 500 deposit.
The $500 is not reserving a car. It's reserving a spot on a list of people. How soon you actually get a chance to buy (notice I said "get a chance" because they may not get one with your preferred options/package for awhile) the car depends on how many the dealership gets in stock for the people in front of you on the list. That $500 is PURE PROFIT for the dealership, it is not in any way going toward the car.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
Old 08-26-2008, 01:50 PM   #13
GM4LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
The $500 is not reserving a car. It's reserving a spot on a list of people. How soon you actually get a chance to buy (notice I said "get a chance" because they may not get one with your preferred options/package for awhile) the car depends on how many the dealership gets in stock for the people in front of you on the list. That $500 is PURE PROFIT for the dealership, it is not in any way going toward the car.
ok that helps me out... you prob just saved me 500 bucks
Old 08-26-2008, 02:14 PM   #14
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

I do what I can.

Kurt Vonnegut