Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-03-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
CyberPunk223
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 LS Camaro
How should I connect power to this PAC...

where should I connect power from for a PAC?? the Accessory plug by the shifter would be really east but then you would have to turn the ignitron all the time just to play the stereo which would be lame,,,, there has to be a better place.... and I hate the fuse box on this car, I could barely get a tap in for my radar detector and there's no way I'm getting a 2nd in there..

I don't really understand why the PAC needs a separate power line anyway, it's already interfacing with the stupid factory harness so why doesn't it just get it's power from that? could I tap the PAC power wire into it's own harness somehow so it can get it's power from the factory radio circuit?

the yellow line below is the 12v power wire for the PAC

thanks

CyberPunk223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:32 AM   #2
CyberPunk223
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 LS Camaro
okay been reading searched posts for an hours, this all I've come up with so far,,,,

Originally Posted by Myyu
Not sure which color it is behind the headunit. I have also heard you can tap into the cig lighter. I bought the SOEM-T because it had a remote in it and it works very well. Only like a 2second delay when I turn the radio on, but that doesn't matter because the radio is still booting.
You don't know because if you have the factory head unit, there isn't a switched accessory. There is a 12v constant but tapping into it with a remote means the amp will never turn off. The SOEM-T gives a remote input based on the high level speaker output, however it is known that way isn't effective because it won't work with all speakers. With that being said, running your own switched accessory from say, the cig socket, is reliable and will work as long as the cig socket works and the fuse is good.

But what do I know, i've only been installing for 6 yrs *shrugs*. To each his own.

So no one has figured out anything better than than the cig lighter??

Last edited by CyberPunk223; 05-04-2013 at 09:46 AM.
CyberPunk223 is offline   Reply With Quote