Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 06-25-2012, 02:08 PM   #1
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Adams Revitalizer & Brightener?

If your Microfiber towels are not as soft as the use to be will the Adams Revitalizer & Brightener make them soft again or do you have to buy new ones? I have been using no fragrance no dye detergent on my towels and they don't feel as soft as they use to. Do you use this product by itself as a cleaner or with a detergent to clean your towels?

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:54 PM   #2
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Primarily designed as a towel pre-treater to release stubborn wax and polymer residues from detailing, but it can also be used as an in wash solution (1oz for small loads, 2oz for large loads) if you like. So long as you're using an Allergen free liquid soap currently theres no reason to stop using that... but you may want to do a quick pre-treat and 1 wash with MF R&B to see if it improves the softness for you.

Heres a writeup I did on towel care for our forums that also covers 'boiling' your towels to revive them. Sometimes even washing carefully will result in some residual fabric softeners and other things being trapped in the towel fibers... boiling will be the only way to bring them completely back in some cases:

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/mi...ucts/14121.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
The next in my series of FAQ threads, addressing our most common questions and concerns with aspects of detailing.

Microfiber. Its probably one of the most, if not THE most important part of a paint correction and care routine. All the effort spent polishing and cleaning can be undone in an instant if the wrong towels are used.

Being that microfiber plays such a pivotal role in the 'shine enthusiasts' collection it seems only fitting that they should receive the appropriate care and cleaning to insure a long and useful life.

PROPER MICROFIBER CLEANING:
  1. Always separate lights and darks as well as heavily soiled towels to avoid cross contamination.
  2. Wash dark towels and heavily soiled towels (like ones used for metal polishing) in a separate load from other towels. Wash microfiber only with other microfiber, do not mix with cotton or other materials.
  3. Pre-treat any stains with Adam's Microfiber Revitalizer & Brightener
  4. Machine wash using a warm water setting and extra rinse cycle if the machine is equipped.
  5. Use Adam's Microfiber Revitalizer & Brightener to pre-treat and/or in the wash load. A liquid laundry detergent, no granulated, can be substituted. Make sure it is a dye/perfume free product.
  6. Machine dry on a low heat setting with no fabric softener.

SOME TIPS FOR MICROFIBER TOWEL & APPLICATOR CARE:
  • Pre-Soak: If you know your detail will be a long one, and you'll be going thru a lot of towels, start a pre-soak bucket. Fill a bucket 1/2 - 2/3rds full of water, add approximately 3-4oz of APC and stir. As towels are used up toss them in the bucket to soak. When the detail is done, pull them out, wring out excess water, and proceed with your usual wash routine. The pre-soak will help prevent stubborn stains from setting in and make routine cleaning easier. Adam's Microfiber Revitalizer & Brightener can be used for pre-soaking, but given the volume needed APC works as an effective option.

• Taking it a Step Further: Put a grit guard in the bottom of your pre-soak bucket. Larger contamination dislodged from the towels in the soaking process will then be kept separate from the towels and making sure they come as clean as possible in the wash.

• Spot Treatments: Sometimes there will be spots that just don't come out in the wash. Fear not! Most times a more concentrated cleaning in that area and another washing will remove them or at least reduce them. Use Adam's Microfiber Revitalizer & Brightener to spot treat, scrub really well with your fingers or against a grit guard to work the cleaner in deep. Flush with water and wash as usual.

• Storage: Microfiber towels should always be stored in a clean, dust free environment. Avoid storing them where small creepy-crawly critters may find their way into the pile so you don't end up with an unpleasant surprise. Plastic storage totes make excellent storage and organization systems for your towels while ensuring you'll have clean, dust free towels at the ready.

• Air Dry If Possible: Machine drying your towels is fine, but any amount of abuse you can spare them will help prolong their lives. If possible line/air dry your towels, they may feel a tad crispy, but this is remedied simply with a mist of Waterless Wash or Detail Spray before use or even a few second tumble in the dryer.

• Boiling Towels: Over time your towels may accumulate a buildup of waxes, polish residue, polymers, or even fabric softener residue from the dryer. The best way to remedy lack of absorbency or linting from these issues is boiling -
    1. Simply bring a large pot of water to boil
    2. Add in 2-3 capfuls of white vinegar.
    3. Add a couple towels at a time and allow them to boil.
    4. Try to avoid allowing the towels to sit against the sides or bottom of the pot for too long.
    5. After a few moments pull each towel out (using tongs to be safe) and flush under cool water.
    6. Wash these towels using your usual routine and they should be as good as new!

Like anything else detailing, taking good care of your tools and accessories means they'll take good care of you. Microfiber being 100% man made means its much more durable than many naturally occurring fibers, so make sure to treat your towels with care and they'll serve you well for a long time!
Theres also this thread where you can see some customers feedback on the product and what it was able to do for them:

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/mi...ucts/16952.htm
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:02 PM   #3
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Thanks again Dylan.

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:20 PM   #4
Stinkpickle

Drives: Black 2LT/RS
I used some of this product for the first time last week. My soiled towels came out nearly spotless, and all the polish and gunk was removed. Product worked great. Only downside was my GWDT didn't hold up to well in the machine, some fabric started to fray in the middle, first wash too :(

I'd recommend an extra rinse cycle or some washing machine cleaner if your towels are heavily soiled.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Stinkpickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:07 PM   #5
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Can you send me a pic of what happened to your towel? Given the continuous fiber weave it would be really strange for one to fail in the middle in the wash unless it was a defect.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:22 AM   #6
KJ2SS

Drives: 2011 2SS/M6
Really excited to hear this! I just purchased some Adam's R&B and waiting patiently for it to arrive. Having all soiled towels brings a nice car wash or detailing job to a screeching halt :(

I'm going to definitely start doing the pre-soak method.
KJ2SS is offline   Reply With Quote