Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-21-2013, 06:34 PM   #29
Hamilton2400

Drives: 2014 GMC Sierra/2015 GMC Acadia
The more I think about it I think I t-tap the hi-beam wire into the factory harness. I'm about positive that's how I did it. I'm not home right now or I would tell you for sure. Ill be back home this weekend and ill be able to look at my car and tell. I hope this helps.
Hamilton2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:42 PM   #30
Belam

Drives: Yellow 2SS camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton2400 View Post
The more I think about it I think I t-tap the hi-beam wire into the factory harness. I'm about positive that's how I did it. I'm not home right now or I would tell you for sure. Ill be back home this weekend and ill be able to look at my car and tell. I hope this helps.
Thank you Sir,I'll dive into it tonight again .Im like a kid got his Christmas present but have to wait days to open it ,can't wait lol .
Belam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:42 PM   #31
Hayden
You serious Clark?

Drives: 2012 Summit White 2LS
I'm confused after these past few post.. Considering you must use H9 Bulbs in the Eagle Eyes yet you need the H13 Harness for Hi/Low Function correct? What high beam solenoid are we speaking of? Is it not the same simple plug in play setting up the HIDS?
Old 03-21-2013, 10:13 PM   #32
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
I'm confused after these past few post.. Considering you must use H9 Bulbs in the Eagle Eyes yet you need the H13 Harness for Hi/Low Function correct? What high beam solenoid are we speaking of? Is it not the same simple plug in play setting up the HIDS?
Basically the HID projectors work is that put out light through the whole projector lens. When the low beams are on there is a piece of metal that covers up the top part of the beam and thus preventing the blinding of oncoming traffic. When you turn your high beams on there is a solenoid in the projector that moves the metal shield out of the way to let the light at the top of the projector show.

Check out this video. This is a Morimoto projector but the eagle eye should work in the same way. LOVE my morimoto projectors! And, TRS by far the best place to get HID stuff.

-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:00 PM   #33
Hayden
You serious Clark?

Drives: 2012 Summit White 2LS
After seeing the video, I had no clue the wire coming out of the projector. I know how that connects to the harness Ill have my eagle eyes tomorrow so Ill see it in person! Thanks for the vid.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:14 AM   #34
Hamilton2400

Quote:
Caverman nailed it on the head. You need the H13 harness because the factory harness in your camaro is H13. Some people think HID's are bright enough and chose not to wire up the high beams. But if you chose to do so its really simple. Ill be able to explain better once I get back home this weekend and get to my car.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:25 AM   #35
Belam

Quote:
Ok finally I had my job done .I just want to update something maybe helpful to the orthers .I figured out my OWN way that you don't have to deal with the high beam , very simple . Go to autozone buy an H13 female socket around 7 bucks (optional) if you want to keep your relay uncut ,and 3 quick splices .I don't want to cut mine so I used that (H13) to connect to the relay and it has 3 wires coming out from that to splice them in the FACTORY HARNESS (Very important that you make sure which wire is conect to which between three of them because they make it different color) .
Basically doing this will give you a (Y) that your factory H13 will split into 2 directions ,one to your eagle eye bullb and the other one to the relay harness .This way you will be still be able to use the high beam solenoid (with out disconnecting or touching anything that is inside your eagle eye ) and your relay harness it self .
Now all you have to do is take off your halogen bulb ,tape up the bulb conector really well ,and make a hole through the grommet (it use to seal the inside of the head light from element) .put your HID bulb in place ,run the wire through the grommet and just connect it to ballast .Everything esle is the same way how you hook your relay harness.
On the passenger ,just unplug the halogen bulb tape the connector up leave it alone in the housing .Put your HID bulb in run the wires through grommet and connect it in to the ballast .DO NOT disconnecting the Green Factory H13 from the headlight you need this to energize the high beam solenoid .

Last edited by Belam; 03-23-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:18 AM   #36
Belam

Well the only problem that I have is the HID H9 bulbs I got fromTRS don't just turn to secure itself to the housing(maybe the base is too thick) .I worry that one day the bulbs will fall out and burn some plastic .Anyone has the same problem?
Old 03-23-2013, 11:35 AM   #37
Hamilton2400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belam View Post
Ok finally I had my job done .I just want to update something maybe helpful to the orthers .I figured out my OWN way that you don't have to deal with the high beam , very simple . Go to autozone buy an H13 female socket around 7 bucks (optional) if you want to keep your relay uncut ,and 3 quick splices .I don't want to cut mine so I used that (H13) to connect to the relay and it has 3 wires coming out from that to splice them in the FACTORY HARNESS (Very important that you make sure which wire is conect to which between three of them because they make it different color) .
Basically doing this will give you a (Y) that your factory H13 will split into 2 directions ,one to your eagle eye bullb and the other one to the relay harness .This way you will be still be able to use the high beam solenoid (with out disconnecting or touching anything that is inside your eagle eye ) and your relay harness it self .
Now all you have to do is take off your halogen bulb ,tape up the bulb conector really well ,and make a hole through the grommet (it use to seal the inside of the head light from element) .put your HID bulb in place ,run the wire through the grommet and just connect it to ballast .Everything esle is the same way how you hook your relay harness.
On the passenger ,just unplug the halogen bulb tape the connector up leave it alone in the housing .Put your HID bulb in run the wires through grommet and connect it in to the ballast .DO NOT disconnecting the Green Factory H13 from the headlight you need this to energize the high beam solenoid .

Hey that's awesome! I never thought about doing it that way
Old 03-23-2013, 11:37 AM   #38
Hamilton2400

Quote:
Well the only problem that I have is the HID H9 bulbs I got fromTRS don't just turn to secure itself to the housing(maybe the base is too thick) .I worry that one day the bulbs will fall out and burn some plastic .Anyone has the same problem?
I ha the same issue. I had to remove the orange piece that came on the bulbs and got them to turn most of the way. Haven't had any issues and I've checked them frequently.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #39
Belam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton2400 View Post
I ha the same issue. I had to remove the orange piece that came on the bulbs and got them to turn most of the way. Haven't had any issues and I've checked them frequently.
Cool ,I will try that .seems like that's the only way .
Old 03-26-2013, 09:14 AM   #40
Belam

Ok today is my first drive since I had HiD in but something strange happens .Remote starting doesn't work ,engine light pops on ,the left turn signal tries to say " Check front turning bulb "when I make left turn signal, Any idea on this?.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #41
Hamilton2400

Quote:
Ok today is my first drive since I had HiD in but something strange happens .Remote starting doesn't work ,engine light pops on ,the left turn signal tries to say " Check front turning bulb "when I make left turn signal, Any idea on this?.
I have no idea on that one. That's crazy. My camaro doesn't have remote start but that's real odd the engine light comes on.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:53 PM   #42
J_Vibe92

Drives: 2013 Mustang 5.0
looks like on my case, i plan on doing this a few steps at a time. just to clarify. I am buying the eagle eyes from here

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130749137702

would this look okay with a halogen bulb in place?

then i will buy a hid kit from here

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...oducts_id=3954

but it says h9 wire harness, but i need a h13?
Visual mods: Eagle Eyes w/5k hids, Custom Hood Spears, Heritage Grille, Stage 2 LED Dome lights,Transformer Emblems, PD Bezels, 19in Chevy rims with pirellis, Blue painted calipers, GM GFX Front Splitter, 35/20 % Tint, TailLight Tint(charcoal)
1/4 Mile: 13.65 sec @ 102.53 mph R.I.P.
J_Vibe92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aac, eagle eyes, theretrofitsource