Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-16-2011, 05:17 PM   #57
NOVAK

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Can you get hi flow cats with the OBX headers?
NOVAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:04 PM   #58
weedo0o

Drives: 2011
on ebay it shows them with high flows i think?? or am i wrong? i probably am wrong lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
weedo0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:09 PM   #59
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedo0o View Post
on ebay it shows them with high flows i think?? or am i wrong? i probably am wrong lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
I think your right, but I am not 100%
Old 03-16-2011, 07:20 PM   #60
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by OOLIE View Post
I think your right, but I am not 100%
No that pictures deceiving, scroll down and read the rest of the auction.
There's another picture that shows whats actually for sale.

OBX STAINLESS STEEL MANIFOLD

Fitment: 2010+ Chevy Camaro 3.6L V6

Product Condition : New ( more details )
Shipping Cost : please read below

Add Tuning-Depot To Favorite Sellers

Description :

* SUS-T304 stainless steel
* Individual pipe for each exhaust port
* Mandrel bend for smoother airflow to decrease resistance
* Increase engine output and efficiency
* Limited time warranty from manufacturer defects

Spec:

* Primaries: 1 3/4"
* Lead Pipe: 2.5"
* Four o2 ports
* No EGR

Other than that, please view the pictures below as what is seen is what is being shipped.

This is what your actually buying.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:24 PM   #61
OOLIE

Oh then it is a good price but NOT quite the deal I thought
Old 03-16-2011, 07:25 PM   #62
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by OOLIE View Post
Oh then it is a good price but NOT quite the deal I thought
Yeah, I was super excited when I found the auction, then I scrolled down to disappointment. I don't know why they don't sell the whole kit in the first picture.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:04 PM   #63
cntryman77

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
when I bought these, I got the headers, resonators & extension pipes with o2 sensor sockets...I had to buy the o2 extension harnesses seperate...the install wasnt too bad, although the passenger side bolts are a PITA to get to because of a cooling tube that runs down that side of the engine...I've noticed a considerable difference in throttle response & I love the sound...check my earlier posts for videos...the resonators look almost like high flow cats (yes officer, I have cats, look...lol)
Old 03-16-2011, 09:08 PM   #64
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Supposedly the build quality of the obx isn't that great. There's a pretty good thread in the v8 section comparing them to kooks, which is who they are trying to copy. Just passing the info.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:23 PM   #65
OOLIE

Yeah I just read that. Plus without the HFC's I don't know if I will go that route. I do have to say the cars sound great with them so I don't blame people for getting them but I want the HFC's if I am going to do it. Back to BBK's and more money dang. LOL
Old 03-16-2011, 10:12 PM   #66
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
actually you can buy the high flow cat seperate and I heard that solo can fit too. As far as the comparison between kook and obx quality the kook is a better quality but ARH is better than kook and BBK is better than doug thorley. There's no ending. Only thing that matter is that they all are either stainless or ceramic and have about the same gain as what a long tube are suppose to give you. They are all tested and dynoed, just look at the v8 guys.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:23 PM   #67
OOLIE

Fair enough I will look into seperate HFC's before final decision
Old 03-17-2011, 09:33 PM   #68
cntryman77

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Supposedly the build quality of the obx isn't that great. There's a pretty good thread in the v8 section comparing them to kooks, which is who they are trying to copy. Just passing the info.
I personally thought these were pretty good...there are certain people & vendors on here bashing OBX, but everyone who has gotten them seems to be happy...yes, the quality isn't perfect, but they are by no means shoddy...as an example from other threads, the bends have some small "notches" for lack of a better term & aren't 100% baby butt smooth & the interior welds could have been smoothed a little bit nicer, but you get what you pay for...plus those kind of thing are only going to cost 3-5 HP & since I got them more for sound & I'm not a racer, 3-5 HP wasn't a deal breaker for me...& I do love the sound & the power increase though...I'm very happy with them & I'm curious to see more reviews from other V6ers of them
Old 03-17-2011, 09:36 PM   #69
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
So... they are great for a driver, not so good if building a show car or trying to eek out every last bit of horsepower.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:51 AM   #70
cntryman77

I think they'd be fine on a show car...the weld stuff is internal, & the bend stuff isn't noticeable unless you are right up on it...not all the bends have this either...I think mine had 3 out of 6 & it was only up on the bend by the flange & the greasing is on the underside where you can't even see it