Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 06-03-2012, 12:28 PM   #10109
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
I finally have time to post! Got home around 9:30 last night, talked to my wife and went to bed, too tired to fire up the computer!

Anyway, like others have said here, the upstate C5 club is THE BEST! I had a great time coming up with the UC5 Buffalo crew and hanging out with you all! Thanks Steve for a great event and congrats to Spike for the usual award!

I especially thank all of you club members who voted my car for the "members choice" award! It is an HONOR coming from fellow Camaro enthusiasts to be recognized for my work on BIG RED! It is truly humbling and I was caught off guard by the award! There were so many awesome Camaros there that should ALL be recognized! Great job to all those who have modded their Camaros and remember to keep the vision you have for your car and go for it!

Frank, my prayers go up for you brother! Hope your eyes heal up right quick!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:54 PM   #10110
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Congrats ssmike your camaro was one of my favorites loved all the work you put into it and really liked your wheels.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:11 PM   #10111
willmarsh14

Drives: 2010 Black 2ss/rs 6m
Thank you to everyone for a great day!

Links to videos from yesturday:
(Watkins Glen)
(Car Show)
(Highlights of the trip)
willmarsh14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:30 PM   #10112
Steve
Ancalagon The Black

Drives: 2013 Silverado 4X4, 2010 RJT 1SS
Up State GM Show & Track

Patty and I would like to take this time to thank all who came to the Up State GM Show & Track event yesterday. The Lord gave us a rain free day in the middle of two days that rained, and everyone used it to have a great time. Again, a special thanks to Andy and Mark (and others I may not even knew helped) for helping me get this event of the shelf. Special thanks go to all our friends from out of state (VA, PA, CT), and from Canada for the many miles you traveled to help make this a success. I hope you all enjoyed yesterday’s events. We worried and sweated out the possibility of having a ZL1 at the show, and we got three! Thanks to you guys as well.

Congratulations to our award winners, especially our very own “trophy whore”, Spike. I am especially lucky in that many of my personal friends attended yesterday’s show and have been commenting on all the fantastic cars they got to see. During the show I was approached by the Dealership and asked that if we did this again next year to please keep them in mind for the venue.

I must offer sincere apologies to those who took the West route down to the Glen. I ran the original route three weeks ago and when I got home made one slight, small, non-critical, unimportant road change. Who would guess the new road would be a “Dead End”? On top of that the fence which was in one of the pictures, a fence that has been there for ever, they took it out over the last few weeks! They didn’t ask me if they could do that. Everyone made it to the Glen anyway.

Patty and I look forward to being with you all at many of the other events coming up in 2012. Till then, drive safe.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:58 PM   #10113
CDN SS
Steve from Canada.

Drives: 2010 SW SS/RS with Inferno package.
Looks like I missed a good time but I'm sure the next Watkins Glen event will be just as good.

I did watch the on track video and it seems like the cars are going a lot slower than last year or does it just look slower? What's with the guy walking beside the track at the 7 minute mark?
Old 06-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #10114
paigeg
PAIGE

Drives: 2010 Synergy Edition Camaro
Great Day Yesterday!

I want to add my thanks, too, to all who helped put it together.
Thanks to Spike for 'the item', and Andy for the sweatshirt loan.
Of course, I have piccies, too - forgive the order. For some reason Photobucket rearranged them. The pics of my 'muck ride' were taken for Kelly's benefit. Note the bugs on the Zombie's front. That was from a run down to Scranton on I-88 recently. Freakin' insect superhighway! First thing today I had to wash the Sick Puppy to get the bleedin' bugs off after my run home on 88 last night. Blecchh!

And while I'm at it - just for Kelly:

(Click C5 image to learn about UpstateC5)
I smile because I don't know what the heck is going on.
paigeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:50 PM   #10115
Flashpoint135

Drives: 2016 SS
The Show / Track yesterday was great. Thanks to everyone involved in making it happen, thanks Vegas for the car. Congrats to the well-deserving winners. I haven't had much chance to be on-line and haven't had time to read all the posts and watch all the videos yet, looks like everyone had fun though. I do not have video of the burnouts at the end, unfortunatly the camera was powered off after we stopped on the front straight - sorry!
Old 06-03-2012, 06:07 PM   #10116
Duncan420

Drives: 12 45th 2SSRS /11 SW 2SSRS SLP Vert
GREAT WEEKEND FOR 5TH GEN CAMAROS!!!!!Autohaus camaro takes the GT win with the Stevenson camaro third in Detriot!!!!!!!!Greg Anderson takes the prostock win at Englishtown!!!!!!!!!!:happy anim:
Duncan420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #10117
Steve
Ancalagon The Black

Drives: 2013 Silverado 4X4, 2010 RJT 1SS
I couldn't wait to do a burnout on the road so I did it in the dealership parking lot after most people left. My bad. (Probably lost all the points I had with them for having them the venue.)
Old 06-03-2012, 07:42 PM   #10118
CruznSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Camaro ABM - Silver Ralleys
Hello to all, VA crew just made it back home. I'm sure we will have video & pics up soon. Thanks to all for the warm welcome & hospitality. It was worth every mile to meet other members in person, putting the screen name to a face & personality.
Watkins Glenn is an awesome track. I would be there every chance if I lived close by. Seeing the turns in person will change how I watch the next Sprint cup race from the Glenn. Will do my best to make it up to the fall track day. Keep us posted, maybe we can bring a few more up with us.
Ounce again, thanks to all.

CRUZN-SS VIA tapatalk
Old 06-03-2012, 08:25 PM   #10119
Steeler NY

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IBM Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleyvalley View Post
Here are some pictures from me. Scott - LOVE ur new stripes well worth the cost again great to see everyone !!!! l
Thanks Kelley!

Had a great time yesterday good to see everyone. Thanks to all who made yesterday a success!

thanks for all the complements on the new stripes!

Congrat to all who won trophies!
Old 06-03-2012, 08:44 PM   #10120
Steeler NY

Tom there was one car there made each one of think of you! these are for you!

FRANK there is a little something in the first and second pictures for you
Attached Images

Old 06-03-2012, 08:46 PM   #10121
3CamarosOnHand

Drives: 2010 SS/RS ABM
That thing was Mean TOO
Old 06-03-2012, 08:51 PM   #10122
Steeler NY

Holey crap Beavis is eating Andy!!!
Attached Images