Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 09-25-2012, 03:38 PM   #85
Godsplumber

Drives: 2012 ZL1,Victory Red
No, i wont do that, because you are right. But for every story like yours their is another story how not wearing a seatbelt saved someones life. For instance, last week right here on the news was a story about two guys in a truck accident and both were ejected from the cab of the truck which ultimately saved their lives. I just dont believe that anyone should have a right to make anyone wear one thats all. But hey, apparently this has already been decided by voters and my side lost. So, it is what it is.
Godsplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:05 PM   #86
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsplumber View Post
No, i wont do that, because you are right. But for every story like yours their is another story how not wearing a seatbelt saved someones life. For instance, last week right here on the news was a story about two guys in a truck accident and both were ejected from the cab of the truck which ultimately saved their lives. I just dont believe that anyone should have a right to make anyone wear one thats all. But hey, apparently this has already been decided by voters and my side lost. So, it is what it is.
And what are the chances of that? Less than a hundredth of a percent? Maybe?

So, you're saying that because there is a miniscule chance that, in an accident, a seatbelt might hurt you more than it helps, that we should forsake the other 99.99% and just say, "screw it, seatbelts should just be an option."

Am I reading that right?

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:34 PM   #87
Lou_Dorchen

Drives: Jeep
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Please refer back to my story in post #69.
Isn't that the post where you said you were done with this argument?
Lou_Dorchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:37 PM   #88
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

It is. Every post I've made after that has been me asking for clarification

Old 09-25-2012, 06:05 PM   #89
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Well, now I'm curious. By that same token, do you also believe that we should not be required to have automotive insurance?

Old 09-25-2012, 06:12 PM   #90
Godsplumber

Quote:
Well, now I'm curious. By that same token, do you also believe that we should not be required to have automotive insurance?
No, because your lack of money to pay for the damage you did to my vehicle or family members is not acceptable. Unless of course we go back to bible times and you and you property become mine until the debt is paid.
Godsplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:40 PM   #91
Lou_Dorchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by KXRM View Post
Since I am asking you to cite facts, I will start with mine.
I'm not denying the facts you posted about seat belts saving lives. They do. But again, I believe it's a personal choice.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:56 PM   #92
Godsplumber

Word
Old 09-26-2012, 08:56 AM   #93
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Maybe we should just remove all laws and safety labels and heavily promote the concept of natural selection...

Old 09-26-2012, 10:39 AM   #94
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsplumber View Post
In the same way, i should have to wear my seatbelt, because i may be in an accident and lose control of my vehicle.

That seems to be what i am hearing here.
EXACTLY.

Roll your eyes at what I'm going to say here should you choose. But, don't ignore the fact that a situation like this could happen. Or, better that, that similar situations like this have happened before in the past and will happen in the future.

------------

Say you are driving 45mph...doing everything right. Moron runs a stop sign coming from right to left and hits you in the back right corner panel causing the back end of your car to swing out to the left.

Physics would show that your body, since it's not secured in the vehicle with a seat belt (along with all the other objects in your vehicle), will try to stay in motion going forward...while your car goes forward and the back end out to the left. In other words, your body is now going to be hanging over your center console not in its normal position behind the steering wheel. Your vehicle will also change direction once wheels catch and redirect the car off to the right. After all, your feet are no longer in a position to get on the brakes and your hands are way over to the left not in a position to turn the wheel.

There are four people out for a walk on the right sidewalk (since it's such a pretty day and weather is great!). Heck, maybe they were walking to the intersection to cross the street at the pedestrian cross walk.

Your car, which is now out of control, is headed directly at dad, the wife, and the two kids...7 and 5.

Had you been wearing your seat belt, you would be behind the drivers seat where you belong, held in place by use of an ingenious device made soley for the purpose of saving lives (NOT JUST YOURS). You would be able to regain control of your vehicle....hitting your brakes, turning back to the left...thus, avoiding a major catastrophe.

However, since you were so intent on not wearing your belt, you were not able to regain control over your vehicle and you just veered off the roadway striking the 5 year old and 7 year old. They are dead. DEAD. The wife is sitting by their sides screaming...and the dad is in total shock.

You? You get out of your vehicle with your hands on your head..."Oh Lord...what happened..." Your side hurts...your leg hurts...

You turn and see the family...you look at the other vehicle...there's smoke coming from under the hood....debris all over the roadway...people are stopping their cars running to do whatever they can to help...people on phones calling for EMS and police.... someone's screaming, "Oh MY GOD!"

Sirens are off in the distance...

You look down and see two kids lying there...

One with open eyes not moving. The other is on his side...arms out in front...legs apart...little shoes lying several feet from him...

Two CHILDREN and now DEAD. NOT because you were t-boned. Because you weren't wearing a seat belt.

While getting struck was the initial act that began the chain of events, the matter of a seat belt, who's purpose is to save lives (again, not just yours), was not worn resulting in a situation where you, the driver, could not regain control over your vehicle.

Tell me I'm wrong.

Tell me I haven't seen people killed or hurt because others didn't wear their seat belts.

Tell me I haven't seen children...KIDS...who have been thrown from vehicles because mom and dad didn't bother to FORCE their kids to wear seat belts.

Tell me I haven't seen people sprawled across the highway due to failure to wear a belt.

Tell me I haven't seen the inside windshield bowed out due to an 18 year olds FACE being plunged into it...

Eight years...

I could go into stories....

I could tell you the heartache I've seen...

Saying, "for every story of it saving a life, there's a story where someone has died because of it"

To that, I say, "BULL SH!T." I'm sorry for getting upset about this, but this is something that I'm VERY passionate about...

Statistics, facts, and FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE do NOT lie.

While a seat belt has been known to keep someone in a car after an accident where the person needed to immediately escape resulting in the death of the person, it is NOT story for story.

MILLIONS of lives....have been saved due to the use seat belts. A HANDFUL of lives have been lost DUE to them.

Sir, I do not hate you. I do not dislike you. I'm sure we'd get along great would probably enjoy a back porch night talking cars....

But one thing I will never budge on....

Seat belts save lives. And sometimes, it's not all about YOU.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:18 AM   #95
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Dorchen View Post
No, it's a fitting analogy. If you can see it, that's on you. But if you just keep laughing at others who point out that our freedoms are disappearing, sooner or later they will take away freedoms you value and you wont find it so funny.

If you dont stand up when they take away freedoms you dont care about, dont be upset when others dont stand up when they take away ones you do care about.
Quote:
Why don't we test it. Here, you go first

Quote:
Originally Posted by toesuf94 View Post

if you have not eaten, or wish to again...DO NOT WATCH THIS. However, seat belts would have been a good idea in this crash...as would not driving like an asshat in the first place.
WOW

Did you see that one guy out of the back passenger window? Head and arms out of the vehicle every time it rolled. It must have rolled on his head like...4 times? Then he got thrown!? Must have been at least three fatalities in that one. :(
Quote:
Maybe we should just remove all laws and safety labels and heavily promote the concept of natural selection...
Some people will never get it...and in that case, I could only hope that during this process, the innocent and GOOD people don't get taken out with them!

Oh wait...the innocent and good were being taken out with them...many, many years ago before the seat belt laws and other laws existed....which is EXACTLY why these laws were put into place in the first place.

DAMN!

WE'VE COME FULL CIRCLE!

Remember...it's not about YOUR liberties.

The gov't put these laws into place to save the people who didn't want to die because of the ignorant people!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:43 AM   #96
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
If i didn’t read it my self that in 2012 there are still people who are against wearing a seatbelt, i wouldn’t have believe it.
Wear you’re seatbelts people, its not just a government conspiracy to keep us from dying. LOL.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:59 AM   #97
Lou_Dorchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianmotox View Post
If i didn’t read it my self that in 2012 there are still people who are against wearing a seatbelt, i wouldn’t have believe it.
New Hampshire still doesn't mandate seat belt usage. Just a few years ago it passed their House, but was voted down in their Senate. So I guess it's not just a few crackpots like myself who are against them.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:03 PM   #98
Lou_Dorchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Remember...it's not about YOUR liberties.
Yes, it is about your liberties. It's YOUR car. YOU paid for it, YOU pay to insure it, YOU buy the gas for it, and it was YOUR labor that earned the money to pay for those things. So YOU should decide whether you want to wear your seat belt or not in YOUR car.