Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-12-2018, 09:47 AM   #15
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
One of the nice things about South Florida is no deer. When we lived in MD my wife, daughter and myself all hit deer.
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:51 AM   #16
BlakeR
😁😁😁😁😁

Drives: 1ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhopt36 View Post
Don't swerve??!! Blindly plow ahead??? Screw that!!!

Monday, a doe came from the left side of the highway, I was doing about 50. Hit the brakes, slowed down to abt 20, and as soon as I was sure she wasn't gonna swap ends, I went for the left lane, no cars coming. Missed her by a scant 10 feet or so. Got out of that no damage, and a big respect for good brakes and tires. All over in about 2 seconds total, from first seeing her, and pulling back to right lane.
If I was driving my "beater Camry", I'd have smacked her for sure.
On a narrow, two lane, michigan road with ditches on both sides and trees close to the road, ...you keep it straight...I'd rather hit a deer than a tree any day.
BlakeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:12 AM   #17
Frankie18SS

Drives: 18 Camaro 2SS, 07 Saturn Ion
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhopt36 View Post
Don't swerve??!! Blindly plow ahead??? Screw that!!!

Monday, a doe came from the left side of the highway, I was doing about 50. Hit the brakes, slowed down to abt 20, and as soon as I was sure she wasn't gonna swap ends, I went for the left lane, no cars coming. Missed her by a scant 10 feet or so. Got out of that no damage, and a big respect for good brakes and tires. All over in about 2 seconds total, from first seeing her, and pulling back to right lane.
If I was driving my "beater Camry", I'd have smacked her for sure.

It's amazing how close that 10 feet looks when you don't know if they're gonna run back in front of you. I do the panic brake and try to steer around but here, you have to keep it in the road no matter what. If you go off the road, it's on your dime. This one leapt from a field and landed directly in front of the car before I could do anything.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:38 AM   #18
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeR View Post
On a narrow, two lane, michigan road with ditches on both sides and trees close to the road, ...you keep it straight...I'd rather hit a deer than a tree any day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie18SS View Post
It's amazing how close that 10 feet looks when you don't know if they're gonna run back in front of you. I do the panic brake and try to steer around but here, you have to keep it in the road no matter what. If you go off the road, it's on your dime. This one leapt from a field and landed directly in front of the car before I could do anything.
Here's what I did when I met a deer in a place where I thought least possible, was completely unprepared for this:
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:21 AM   #19
Frank237

Drives: Kubota 2640, 83 BMW R-65, 2017 1 SS
I've investigated vehicle versus ; bison, bears, cows, horses, pigs, big horn sheep, elk and literally thousands of deer. Not much one can do short of keeping headlamps and windshields clean so You can SEE them. Slow down. Be extra cautious.
Frank237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:52 AM   #20
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
Damn... a deer battle is never a good thing. Glad you’re safe tho. The rest is repairable... well, everything but your crushed feelings.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:41 PM   #21
danbrew

Drives: 18 2SS A8
Hit a deer with my truck about ten years ago - stupid me. Country road, twilight, going way too fast. And it was the second deer in the pack, so shame on me. Brand new truck at the time - had less than 100 miles on it. Zero damage to the truck. Caught it just right with the bumper and basically unzipped the deer - the gut pile fell right out and it couldn't have been a better field dressing if I had tried.

Was running late for a very brief meeting two miles down the road and dragged the deer to the side of the road. Went back by 15 minutes later and he was gone. My wife was like, "Oh, great, maybe he was ok?" and I was like, "No, one of my neighbors grabbed him and stuck him in the freezer...!"
danbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:03 PM   #22
Lerch98

Drives: 2017 2SS black on black on black.
I live on a country road. and work the night shift.
One night some dufess was tailgating me (in my truck) and riding on my ass with his brights on and in my mirrors. Can't see s### so I pull over and the #### ###### goes blowin' by me and pastes a deer in the road about a half mile down. Dude just drilled that deer. Car totaled and in the ditch, deer turned into splatter (gross).

Its too bad about OPs car, as he did not deserve that and its a shame. (glad he's OK) As for dufess m##### ####### that is poetic justice.
Lerch98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:34 PM   #23
NYJets12

Drives: 2018 1LT Camaro
Did you keep the deer? In pa if you hit a deer you can keep it. Take it home for dinner.
In case no one knows this deers travel in packs, so if you miss one chances are there’s another close by so keep your eyes open.
I’m glad it didn’t go through your windshield.
NYJets12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 01:37 AM   #24
Frankie18SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank237 View Post
I've investigated vehicle versus ; bison, bears, cows, horses, pigs, big horn sheep, elk and literally thousands of deer. Not much one can do short of keeping headlamps and windshields clean so You can SEE them. Slow down. Be extra cautious.

It sounds fascinating to investigate the different types of animal/vehicle hits. Every thing on that list sounds worse than the deer. lol
Old 07-13-2018, 01:38 AM   #25
Frankie18SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMI View Post
Damn... a deer battle is never a good thing. Glad you’re safe tho. The rest is repairable... well, everything but your crushed feelings.

That's the truth!
Old 07-13-2018, 01:43 AM   #26
Frankie18SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets12 View Post
Did you keep the deer? In pa if you hit a deer you can keep it. Take it home for dinner.
In case no one knows this deers travel in packs, so if you miss one chances are there’s another close by so keep your eyes open.
I’m glad it didn’t go through your windshield.

You can keep it in MI too but I really didn't feel like gutting a deer on the side of the road in my work clothes. The cop told me to strap it to the hood of the car since it needed replacing anyway. lol