Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 09-30-2008, 08:42 AM   #57
dvnt88
Kickin' Assphalt

Drives: 1997 Z-28 30th Anniversary Ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wightfoxx View Post
I'll take it!
1st come, 1st taken, when I get the pin code I'll get the account set up and pm ya the info. ")
Old 09-30-2008, 09:11 AM   #58
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
My company just lost the supplier discount. Anyone want to share with me?

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:54 AM   #59
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvnt88 View Post
Will gladly share my supplier discount with anyone on the forum who wants it, just waitin' for my HR department to get me the company code to use for the discount itself. ")
You may not need to wait for your HR department. I called the number listed on the website and, after confirming my company and where they were based out of, the lady gave me the company code to use.

Quote:
you can obtain from your HR director or by calling 1-800-960-3375.
rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 12:43 PM   #60
scotchsride09
It's STARSCREAM!!!

Drives: 2003 Nissan Frontier S/C DR
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIXXTERR View Post
Aghhhh thats NOT For The General Public...NOW Everyone Will be trying find someone with a Discount, wanting a hookup..But I Was Gonna Offer One To A Buddy of Mine Anyway.. Just wasnt tellin The WHOLE WWW.
Well; since it's on the public side of the site it's public knowledge anyway and anyone curious enough to investigate would have discovered it.

At any rate; I'm well aware that there are plenty of people who have family members or close friends they'd rather share the discount with and I'm not advocating that anyone bother anyone who is getting a discount with unsolicited requests for them to share it. I was merely pointing out that some people may not know they COULD share their discount, and given the closeness we all share on this forum, if anyone wanted to help someone else out, I felt that at least a few people would want to share.

And it looks like I was right... ^^^

Now, if anyone with a discount decided they wanted to share, and was planning to buy theirs summer/ fall of '09, and opted to let me piggyback on theirs I would happily take the savings with gratitude and thanks, but I am not suggesting (or asking) anyone take a discount they had already planned to give to someone else and give it to me. I'm just saying that I would appreciate it, should the stars align and the cards fall that way, and I know there are a bunch of other people on here who would as well.

Right now it's an '03 Nissan Frontier Supercharged Desert Runner I call Starscream.

On order is a 1SS/ RS IBM with Black Rally Stripes, Beige Interior, manual transmission and a sunroof! Oh, and a stereo upgrade too! Ordered from CamaroScotty in WI. How will I get my baby home?
scotchsride09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:01 PM   #61
dvnt88
Kickin' Assphalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
You may not need to wait for your HR department. I called the number listed on the website and, after confirming my company and where they were based out of, the lady gave me the company code to use.
I called the 800# and Doug (the extremely nice and professional guy) I talked to said they do not have access to the list of company codes anymore and that I would be better off getting it through my HR department. Way ahead of ya. ")
Old 09-30-2008, 02:09 PM   #62
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Hmm, I wonder if Doug in new or just not willing to give out the info. I talked to some lady there yesterday morning and got my company code from her. Way easier for me than trying to figure out which person in HR has that info.

Hope your HR person can get it for you.
rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:07 AM   #63
wightfoxx

Drives: 2000 Camaro
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvnt88 View Post
1st come, 1st taken, when I get the pin code I'll get the account set up and pm ya the info. ")
thanks, i can use it.
wightfoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 09:59 PM   #64
Eighty-Six Z
2G1FK1EJ0A9109635

Drives: '10 CGM Camaro SS/RS
First time poster, Long time reader.....

My company is on the list!! So are we sure about the $500 over invoice for the Supplier Discounts? If I am ordering on the 13th, do I need to get the codes by then?

Thanks in advance!
Eighty-Six Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:09 PM   #65
rlg3

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
doesnt mean they are desperate for sales. it means they want to clear out the cars at the end of the model year.
Yea it does, cause there desperate for sales cause they couldn't sell as many as the wanted without heavy discounting, in other words they are desperate for sales
rlg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 07:18 AM   #66
aston70

Drives: Me Nutz!! Arrrrgh...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eighty-Six Z View Post
First time poster, Long time reader.....

My company is on the list!! So are we sure about the $500 over invoice for the Supplier Discounts? If I am ordering on the 13th, do I need to get the codes by then?

Thanks in advance!
I'm not really sure how much less invoice is in relation to msrp, but just as an example, one of my co-workers bought an H3 hummer and got about $4000 off sticker. Sticker was $35K and he got it at 31K.

I'm going to guess by the time you take delivery. Right now when you select a model while applying for your discount authorization, it still has 'concept camaro' (or at least it did for me) in the list. I'm guessing that will change at some point.
aston70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:11 AM   #67
rlg3

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro
I concerned about how the supplier discount is going to work, because currently it says it is only good thru 2009 models, i don't know when that will change, hopefully soon
rlg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:24 AM   #68
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlg3 View Post
I concerned about how the supplier discount is going to work, because currently it says it is only good thru 2009 models, i don't know when that will change, hopefully soon
they will change that as more cars come out, the 2009's are just barely out now.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:27 PM   #69
shroomjohn

Drives: Golden Eagle
Just went to get my pin and to get a pin to share and it seems I have to purchase mine first. Didnt know that so anyone wanting to share be careful about getting someone elses hopes up that might be wanting to pre order prob gonna be June/July for me.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:59 AM   #70
dvnt88
Kickin' Assphalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by wightfoxx View Post
thanks, i can use it.
Update,
Below is the email I rec'd from corporate and to say the least am really displeased with them as you have to go through the same thing with Ford and Chrysler (currently offered through my company)

Kirk,
Sorry to take so long in getting back from you. I was able to get an answer from Danaher Corporate:

At one time we did have an agreement with GM however it caused way to many problems. GM requires a copy of pay stub showing the Danaher name. As you know many of our Companies do not have Danaher in the name.

Ford and Chrysler employee programs are posted on Mydanaher.

William H. Alpers
Danaher Corporation
14600 York Road, Suite A
Sparks, MD 21152

So it looks like I won't be gettin' the GMS discount .