Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 01-12-2018, 02:57 AM   #1
Swimmatte

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS Convertible with RS
My 2012 Black 2SS RS LS3 Convertible

Picked up my new toy about a month ago with the intention of it being a daily that I do a bit of work to. Not long after I bought my first mod, a CAI Cold Air Intake, I was hooked and this thing is on its way to more than I originally planned. Along the way I've thrown in some minor cosmetic upgrades, including swapping all bulbs other than Headlights and Fogs/DRLs with LEDs, added a bunch of dimmable/color changing LED strips to front and back of interior, swapped front and rear gold bow ties with carbon fiber, replaced OEM fuel door with Carbon Fiber wrapped door. In relation to these, I have the parts but haven't installed LEDs under the hood, LEDs in the trunk, parts to black out all turn signals/parking lights. Then, I did a slightly more significant upgrade when I swapped my OEM Boston Acoustics speakers/sub with a complete Kicker setup. It included 2 x 6.5", 3 x 3.5", 2 x 3/4" tweeters, 1 10" Sub, 1 Kicker Amp. I then switched the OEM Amp to power some speakers, and have the Kicker Amp running the sub and the rest of the speakers. Also upgraded the battery and added a capacitor. Today was the first day I could put my top down since I bought it, and I can't tell you how impressed I was with the sound, even with the top down. I highly recommend the Kicker stuff I bought, so if anyone is looking to upgrade I'd be happy to give model #'s. Now to the real stuff..... So I mentioned I got my CAI Intake. The guy that sold it to me here also had a BTR Stage 4 Cam for a decent price and said he got almost 100hp from the intake and cam, so I grabbed that but haven't installed it. Also, I knew that an intake and Cam won't do a ton if it can't get rid of the exhaust, so I started grabbing parts for that. First I found a nice deal on some Stainless Works High Flow Cats so I got those, then some OBX Headers, and American Racing Cat Back. I forgot but I also ordered the harness to convert my DRLs to Fogs. Then finally, I've been in touch with Dyno Steve for my tune once I get this stuff installed. So far that's what I've done, but I'm currently looking for:

-Black Rims
-Throttle Body
-Intake Manifold

So to close out this thread, since I took my top down today I decided to take some pics. I edited them afterwards so here's some cool pics along with some cool LED shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Swimmatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 08:42 AM   #2
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Nice!

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:30 PM   #3
Swimmatte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus1dab View Post
Nice!

Thanks! Just getting started, but so far my expectations have been far exceeded.

Old 01-24-2018, 08:50 AM   #4
Swimmatte

Things are about to get real! I sort of went on a crazy shopping spree that certainly didn't make my fiancee happy, and it'll only get worse with her when she hears it and/or feels it. So to add to the Intake in terms of performance upgrades, once I receive the second box of my Cat Back I'll be installing the following:

-Holley Throttle Body
-BTR Stage 4 Cam (I might actually sell this and go with a slightly smaller cam)
-Upgraded Rods and Springs from Phasteck
-OBX Headers
-Stainless Works Hi Flow Cats
-Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back
-MAF Sensor Upgrade from Phasteck
-Chromoly Driveshaft from Phasteck
-4.11 Gears from Phasteck
-SPEC E-Trim Super Twin Clutch & Flywheel
-Upgraded Fuel Pump from Phasteck
-Performance Fuel Injectors from Phasteck
-Upgraded Plugs from Phasteck
-High Flow Billet Fuel Rails
-25% Underdrive Pulley
-Tune from DynoSteve

I also plan on grabbing an Intake Manifold along with something to help keep all those extra horses on the road. I calculate all of those new mods at around an additional 175-200hp, so some suspension upgrades are definitely needed. I also haven't gotten my black wheels yet, so it'll definitely help when I get those and some new sticky rubber. After I get all that stuff in there it'll be time for a supercharger!

What am I missing?

Old 01-24-2018, 08:13 PM   #5
Bandit63

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Good looking ride
Old 01-25-2018, 05:29 AM   #6
Swimmatte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit63 View Post
Good looking ride

Thanks! I looked at my pics again and realized I really need a ZL1 Hood and black rims.

I made one change in my build plan which is to go with a smaller Cam for now. I think I need to do more suspension and temperature related upgrades before I go that big.

One question...... What are people's opinions about the gray stripe. Leave it or remove it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-29-2018, 12:19 AM   #7
Swimmatte

Ughhhhh.... So there's still a major delay in the delivery of my Cat-Back. Received Box 1 of 2 almost 2 weeks ago but the second box was lost for a while and is now stuck at the UPS lost and found location. Because of this delay, my head keeps going round and round about how I want to do things. I still haven't pulled the trigger to trade my BTR Stage 4 Cam for a slightly smaller one, but now I decided to pick up some Cat Bypass Pipes and sell the Hi Flow Cats that I had bought originally. As silly as it might be, my main reason for doing so is that the Bypass Pipes I'm going to get have the two bolt header flange I need, while the high flows I have would require me to but a couple of flange adapters to go between the headers and the cats. I kind of figured I wanted as few seperate connection points as possible. I was also a bit worried about how the cats would handle everything from the cam/TB....

Old 01-29-2018, 07:21 AM   #8
QUICRNU

Drives: Z06 wannabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmatte View Post
Things are about to get real! I sort of went on a crazy shopping spree that certainly didn't make my fiancee happy, and it'll only get worse with her when she hears it and/or feels it. So to add to the Intake in terms of performance upgrades, once I receive the second box of my Cat Back I'll be installing the following:

-Holley Throttle Body
-BTR Stage 4 Cam (I might actually sell this and go with a slightly smaller cam)
-Upgraded Rods and Springs from Phasteck
-OBX Headers
-Stainless Works Hi Flow Cats
-Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back
-MAF Sensor Upgrade from Phasteck
-Chromoly Driveshaft from Phasteck
-4.11 Gears from Phasteck
-SPEC E-Trim Super Twin Clutch & Flywheel
-Upgraded Fuel Pump from Phasteck
-Performance Fuel Injectors from Phasteck
-Upgraded Plugs from Phasteck
-High Flow Billet Fuel Rails
-25% Underdrive Pulley
-Tune from DynoSteve

I also plan on grabbing an Intake Manifold along with something to help keep all those extra horses on the road. I calculate all of those new mods at around an additional 175-200hp, so some suspension upgrades are definitely needed. I also haven't gotten my black wheels yet, so it'll definitely help when I get those and some new sticky rubber. After I get all that stuff in there it'll be time for a supercharger!

What am I missing?

Haha!! You did go crazy! Thats my style too.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:41 PM   #9
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmatte View Post

What am I missing?

More $$$, and a VERY understanding wife/girlfriend, it won’t stop there...

The car IS your mistress... ask me how I know...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 04:43 PM   #10
1911 1LE

Drives: 2015 SW 2SS 1LE
^^ Truth^^
1911 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote