Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-07-2011, 01:42 PM   #57
FastEddie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 IOM LS3 2SS/RS Camaro
Park in the fire lane. People love disabled drivers and will stick up for them. Fire? Not so much...Nobody likes fire.
FastEddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 01:53 PM   #58
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastEddie View Post
Park in the fire lane. People love disabled drivers and will stick up for them. Fire? Not so much...Nobody likes fire.
Samething I said.. look better in court..
great minds think alike
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 01:56 PM   #59
hollywood21639

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastEddie View Post

Who "loves" disabled drivers?
hollywood21639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:15 PM   #60
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
For those who are upset about people who they deem shouldn't be parking in the spots, even though they have a tag and you just saw them run a victory lap around the car.
It's not a big deal, you don't know them and you don't know the situation. You may in fact be right, and if You feel so strong about it you should report them.

But with so many other things to truly be pissed about, taking advantage of handicapped parking is pretty low on my list, right next to insignificant.
If you want to pissed, be pissed at most major companies that havnt paid taxes in over 30 years. Now that gets me pissed off. Parking spots not so much.

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:21 AM   #61
Jagerday

Drives: 2010 RJT SS/RS LS3
In Florida the disabled spot must have blue lines/curb + Handicap "logo" on pavement + blue handicap sign. If all three are not present than you can get out of your ticket. You might still get a ticket but it will not hold up in court. That being said, what kind of an A hole would park in a handicap spot when they are not handicapped? I must say, I don't think anything bothers me more. Granted you cant always tell if someone has a disability but if you can park and walk into the store without problems than how handicapped are you really. The one that really gets me is the fat A$$ people who get disabled parking permits. Being a fast food addict who doesn't get off the couch is not a handicap. Laziness is not a disability!
Jagerday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:48 AM   #62
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
just for the record it is legal to use someone elses parking permit ONLY IF YOU ARE BUYING SOMETHING FOR THEM if not its illegal to use it with out the preson in the car van ect

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:07 AM   #63
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagerday View Post
In Florida the disabled spot must have blue lines/curb + Handicap "logo" on pavement + blue handicap sign. If all three are not present than you can get out of your ticket. You might still get a ticket but it will not hold up in court. That being said, what kind of an A hole would park in a handicap spot when they are not handicapped? I must say, I don't think anything bothers me more. Granted you cant always tell if someone has a disability but if you can park and walk into the store without problems than how handicapped are you really. The one that really gets me is the fat A$$ people who get disabled parking permits. Being a fast food addict who doesn't get off the couch is not a handicap. Laziness is not a disability!
Some people have back injuries that look ok but can't walk far or exercise without extreme pain & back giving out.. hard to stay in shape when u can't do anything but lay down without pain..

Though I think that too sometimes
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:23 AM   #64
10forty2

Drives: 1992 Chevy K5 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesh View Post
Personally I think the parking for handicaped people are crap. The handicap get offended when you try and treat them differently. They say they want to be treated like everyone else, and dont want special treament. So why should they get special parking? If you truly want to be like everyone else walk your ass from the back of the lot like the rest of us.
REALLY???? SERIOUSLY???

I just stopped reading here and decided to post. I just cannot believe that there are still people in the world that believe that way. Handicap parking places are intended for two main purposes. One, a handicapped person typically cannot walk as far unassisted as a non-handicapped person. That's why they are near the entrances to facilities. Two, a handicapped person who requires a wheelchair or a walker-type assistance device needs the extra space to unload that assistance device.

If you don't have a handicap and are not in possession of a "LEGAL" handicap authorization, then do not even CONSIDER parking in those spots, even if it's "only for a few seconds." In fact, you shouldn't even use the handicap stall in the restroom if there is another one available.

Use a little common decency and consideration for someone who needs a little extra help. I don't think anyone in a wheelchair will be offended if you hold a door for them or if you leave the handicap parking space available for them.

Off the soap box now.............
Old 08-08-2011, 11:24 AM   #65
dutchnrican
brevard

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS M6.
FISHKILL
Old 08-09-2011, 10:55 AM   #66
Hesh

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro Vin 34334
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Ram2500Hemi View Post
Tell that to my father who is in a wheel chair when it's -15F and snowing. The spots are there for a reason, and while some folks abuse the system, it's ignorance like yours that really pisses me off.

Well you can get pissed off all you want, and call it ignorance. You cant have it both ways. You can either get special treament, or you can be like the rest of us that have to deal with -15F and snowing. Go the extra 25 or 30 like everyone else. Im not saying take away wheelchair access to buildings, or denying them places for the wheelchair to go. That is screwing them over due to a disability. Letting them park closer to a building isnt something that denies them a right due to a disability.
Hesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:26 PM   #67
RAWarrior

Drives: '11 CGM/IOM 2SS 'vert '02 GMC Envoy
Oh puuleeeze!!! So for all of the natsayers, YOU try to roll a wheelchair thru snow, park in a normal parking space and get a walker out of your car with only one hand without being able to open the door all the way, or better yet, park what you feel is a normal distance and walk from your car to the front door whole breathing thru a straw--a normal straw, not one of those big ones for frozen drinks (this will help you experience the joys of not being able to fully breath). You too can experience the joys of traveling as a limited abilities person.
Yes, parking far away can be an ADA issue for us. No, I don't want special treatment but I do want to be able to remain independent and with all of the other buttheads who aren't limited parking up close if there were no reserved spots, I would lose that. As it is, with our country getting older, those spaces fill quicker and quicker so a lot of time I have to park out in what feels to me to be BFE. Then, by the time I get to where I'm going, I'm exhausted and have to cut those trips short because there isn't always accommodations at the store.

Get over yourself and quit whining because you have to park 4 spaces back instead of 2. You probably park in the middle of the isle waiting for someone running a "quick" stop that turns out to be 15 minutes. Go park in a parking space & watch for them to come out!!!

Ok, sorry for the rant, off my soapbox & the alter-personality has left the room lol. So, please don't park in a marked spot, it would be greatly appreciated
12/15/2010 - (2500) Order Preferenced Order
12/15/2010 - (3000) Order accepted
01/29/2011 - (3100) Order available to sequence.
01/29/2011 - (3300) Order Scheduled for Production
01/29/2011 - (3400) Order Broadcast
02/07/2011 - (3800) Order produced,
02/07/2011 - (4000) Vehicle available to ship
02/07/2011 - (4104) Bailment Invoice Created
02/07/2011 - (4B00) Your car is bayed
03/12/2011 - She's finally Home!!!!
RAWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote