Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 12-29-2016, 12:40 AM   #15
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
A few points from reading OP, you need to get more practice driving on the track, as many issues are related to driving technique more than the equipment you are using. The 1LE is a good track car in it's stock form, this is what I would start with more HPDE with instructor riding along or driving school, goodrich brake lines, Catrol SRF fluid or Motul 600, Hawk DTC 30 pads(Danny Popp uses these on the L/28), better tires, CTSV front brakes, ZL1 rotors, brake ducting, harness bar, 5 or 6 pt belts, Detroit Speed JRI Coilovers, Subframe bushings, sway bars, list goes on....I still believe outside of the brake lines, fluid and better brake pads, the best money you can spend is in driver training with somewhere like Bondurant, Spring Mountain or Barber....have fun...
Old 12-29-2016, 07:25 AM   #16
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Don't know where it was, but I know I've read where braking is the last track skill to be fully developed. Which comes down to practice, practice, practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookdup View Post
Side note : Norm, you have seen me at NJMP.
2013 1LE Grey Camaro
This you? Was looking through videos for something else entirely and just happened to remember. March of 2016.

Norm
Old 01-05-2017, 06:25 PM   #17
hookdup

Drives: 2013 2ss/rs/1le/npp/nav
Do not think so, I have red bow ties, but we did drive together in the past. and looking forward to 2017.
hookdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 02:39 PM   #18
Elihu Smails

Drives: 2015 SIM 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elihu Smails View Post

Before your next track day, change your fluid and properly bed in a good set of pads. I know that's all I'll be doing before my first time out.
I rethunk my strategy, and have a set of ZL1 Rotors, Calipers, and Z28 brake ducts that I'll install before my first track day in April. Will also do the SS lines while I'm at it.

Convinced myself I would probably go this route eventually anyway, and would probably get a few more $$ for my stock brakes selling them as a set with 500 miles and no track days on them. lol
Elihu Smails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 10:13 PM   #19
meyouand987.2

Drives: 2011 Cayman R 2017 1LE
Don't forget the SRF fluid....once you get faster and use the brakes better, you WILL need it. Motul etc boils...trust me, I spent $$$ on about 4 different fluids before the SRF.
meyouand987.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 11:19 PM   #20
MarkSS

Drives: 2014 Z/28
If you are going to track the car, you need to go back to a more track oriented tire. This will impact braking as well. Tires are the single most important thing on the track, other than the driver.
MarkSS is offline   Reply With Quote