Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-03-2009, 09:16 PM   #57
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Or-Nothing View Post
A personal opinion on looks can't be wrong. People like what they like. I personally don't 100% like the looks of the Camaro. Not saying it is horrible but not a car I would buy. Some people hate my 6 series and I love it. I think the rubbernecking is more of a new car thing than actual styling but to each his own.

Enjoy your car
The bmw 6 has a very confused design, little or no symmetry overall. The 3 is a much more attractive design. The camaro, unlike the bmw lays out very cohesively front to back (the interior is another story).

Oh and yeah, the other 2 cars in the test were not new designs (sarcastic).
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:40 PM   #58
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Just let the looks thing go. It's stupid for them to have it as part of their analysis being it's so personal.

My worry; notice the Mustang's solid (antiquated) axle's performance (see article), wow! Also, that little motor pushes that car very quickly. I'm afraid that the huge wheels and tires are killing the Camaro's performance. Hence, why we get a high mile per hour in the 1/4 (car should be 4.3 - 12.5). btw They are putting together a handling fix for the car.

Last edited by 2cnd chance; 09-03-2009 at 10:27 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:32 PM   #59
missionbrent
Bringing the Sexy Back

Drives: 73GMC/05Jeep/07Cobalt/Ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
Well said ... I always hated how magazines put "LOOKS" as part of the test. Looks are so subjective and as such shouldn't be included in the overall ranking ..

Crowley
Good point. In this Test the Camaro crushed the Mustang in every catagory except weight and stopping distance and some tight handling situations (all pretty close, and most of them the Camaro wins as far I as know if the Mustang doesn't have the track pack). The Camaro was much faster, caught much more positive attention, and (a point I don't think a lot of people noticed) the Camaro was $2000 bucks cheaper because the Mustang needed the track pack to even come close. Just shows that the opinion of the writer is the one that controls the review. Take that two grand and make a GMPP Camaro track pack and see what happens.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:38 AM   #60
RobH

Drives: 2010 IBM 1LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG' View Post
He can't be anymore wrong. I have never seen so many people rubber-necking to see my camaro as I drive by
If you believe the article, then they were just wondering why your Camaro was mad at them.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:13 AM   #61
DallasRetro

Drives: 03 VTX/05 Silverado/08 Infinit
Send a message via Yahoo to DallasRetro
Camaro, Mustang, Challenger... They're all great cars, as well as being good looking, and I, as well as most of you, can have anyone I want.

I've read all of the mags' comparos, got the facts, and took them with a grain of salt, but this is how I made my decision to buy a Camaro.

The Mustang GT is probably the most bang for the buck, but I've had several already.

I was a Mopar guy forever, and can buy a Challenger at Employees cost, but my brother-in-law already has one.

I missed-out on a '69 Z28 back when I bought a '70 Roadrunner instead, so this '10 SS is making up for it. It's being faster and gorgeous is icing on the cake!
4000 - 09/30/2009 | 5000 - 10/15/2009 | 6000 - 00/00/2009
Went to pick it up 10/16/09... wrong interior; I'll be re-ordering!
DallasRetro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:35 AM   #62
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasRetro View Post
Camaro, Mustang, Challenger... They're all great cars, as well as being good looking, and I, as well as most of you, can have anyone I want.

I've read all of the mags' comparos, got the facts, and took them with a grain of salt, but this is how I made my decision to buy a Camaro.

The Mustang GT is probably the most bang for the buck, but I've had several already.

I was a Mopar guy forever, and can buy a Challenger at Employees cost, but my brother-in-law already has one.

I missed-out on a '69 Z28 back when I bought a '70 Roadrunner instead, so this '10 SS is making up for it. It's being faster and gorgeous is icing on the cake!
I beg to differ. The performance of the Camaro is much higher at a lower cost = higher value.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:05 PM   #63
Mosher

Drives: 1LT Cruze Summit White
If a MUSCLE / SPORTS CAR is not Supposed to look ANGRY.... WTH IS IT SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE?!?

I pretty much have stopped reading magazine reviews... and now I know why...

Ohh that's so retarded.
Mosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:24 PM   #64
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Drives: BMW 6 series Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
The bmw 6 has a very confused design, little or no symmetry overall. The 3 is a much more attractive design. The camaro, unlike the bmw lays out very cohesively front to back (the interior is another story).

Oh and yeah, the other 2 cars in the test were not new designs (sarcastic).
Like I said before. I think the 6 series is a perfect design. The Camaro however I do not. This is my opinion and it's just funny how people can be mad at the article over something subjective.

Some think it is amazing, some think it's just ok, and some think it's Horrid. Seems a little petty to get all bent out of shape over an opinion on the looks because you can't please everyone. To each his own.
All-Or-Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:46 PM   #65
Hoddi
Camaro Girl ~

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I don't care what anyone says.
Good or bad.

Know why, I LOVE THIS RAD MACHINE!!!
Inside and out.
I and giggle like a school girl everytime I see her ~
Hoddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:37 PM   #66
BAD BRAD

Drives: 1969 CAMARO 2010 CAMARO
its hard to say which car has better inside and we know the outside u can lite a match on the heads of some guys on here for even the least little comment of the looks of camaro.
I own both 2008 srt8 challenger #6177 and 2010 ss rs rjt camaro love both could not choose between them. Both cars have complete different looks its all in the eye of beholder
choose what u like love what u have.
BAD BRAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:56 PM   #67
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD BRAD View Post
its hard to say which car has better inside and we know the outside u can lite a match on the heads of some guys on here for even the least little comment of the looks of camaro.
I own both 2008 srt8 challenger #6177 and 2010 ss rs rjt camaro love both could not choose between them. Both cars have complete different looks its all in the eye of beholder
choose what u like love what u have.
True dat. Look guys, ALL cars have flaws...remember when you go house hunting and you almost never find the PERFECT house? It is no different with cars....I am not crazy about my 2SS interior layout...but overall I am very pleased with the car.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:15 PM   #68
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Or-Nothing View Post
Like I said before. I think the 6 series is a perfect design. The Camaro however I do not. This is my opinion and it's just funny how people can be mad at the article over something subjective.

Some think it is amazing, some think it's just ok, and some think it's Horrid. Seems a little petty to get all bent out of shape over an opinion on the looks because you can't please everyone. To each his own.
Some may be how you say bent out of shape, but I believe I was quite reasonable.
Having an extensive art background I can say without doubt the 6 series BMW is a confused take on design. It simply does not flow, the 3 series is a much more eloquent & fluid design, and so is the Camaro.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:21 PM   #69
rodimus prime
Account Suspended

Drives: Cargo van.
I feel the mustang has a better interior hands down. I dont have anything to back that up with more than I just sat in one for a few minutes at a fair and I thought it was well designed with better seats to boot.
rodimus prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:48 PM   #70
diddiyo

Drives: .
i loved the article. great read and pics! i just like to see those three cars together!
diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote