Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 09-27-2016, 01:24 PM   #1
PhyZix

Drives: 2011 2LT Camaro (IOM)
Unhappy Got Rear Ended Yesterday

So on my way to work yesterday some chick decided it was best to eat food going 70+ on the freeway and collided into my ass. Her car is totaled and got destroyed, everyone is fine though.

Just curious if anyone experienced similar damage and might know how much repairs may be. She had insurance so I'm fortunate for that, sucks to be without my car though
Attached Images

PhyZix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 01:53 PM   #2
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
$4k minimum just to replace the damaged exhaust and rear facia. Rear quarter panels and new trunk lid, a few more thousand. After they put it on a lift after tear down they'll need to double check rear axles, bushings, rods and housings. Not to even discuss the frame. Depending on your State and insurance, I believe total loss percentage is high (like 80% of value) so getting your car totaled might be a stretch, even if your adjuster is "friendly". $6k minimum, though I can see $12k here, especially once they check the rest of the drive train, engine bay and body panel fitment throughout the rest of the vehicle. Call an attorney if you haven't yet and do not sign any waivers without doing so.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 02:04 PM   #3
PhyZix

Oh boy, I was hoping it wasn't going to be that bad! FML...... Why do you recommend getting a lawyer?
Old 09-27-2016, 02:11 PM   #4
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
70mph is no joke. The pain will start once your body comes out of shock, which usually starts 24hrs after being hit. I was hit at 60 from a dead stop and was out of work for 10 days and 6 months of therapy. I still have this one back muscle that flares up occasionally during the winter (from 10 yrs ago). After the police, the next phone call should always be to your attorney. This is one situation you do not ever try and "tough it out", ever.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 02:19 PM   #5
PhyZix

Oh ok.... I'll definitely look into doing that then. I mean I feel perfectly fine right now so I didn't want to go getting one prematurely and nothing come of it. I really appreciate the quick response, hopefully I can get things taken care of ASAP. Yeah I think of the repair cost is 70% of cars value they just consider it totaled, I'm screwed if that's the case lol don't feel like getting a new car.
Old 09-27-2016, 02:22 PM   #6
jfish

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I run a body shop, 1st off make sure you choose a good one and DO NOT go to one that will waive deductibles. You will be in the 4-5k range, but honestly it's not going to affect your suspension. Your rear body panel will need a frame pull and more than likely the rails will need to be repaired. Make sure to know what kind of parts they are putting on your car too...you don't want aftermarket parts. You might have to pay the difference though....
jfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 03:23 PM   #7
SnowyCamaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1, 2006 Chevy Equinox
How does it look underneath ? Looks like you got hit pretty square. Are the quarters damaged? Does the trunk line still work?

Looks like just bumper from the pictures. Maybe crash bar and exhaust. Which might be as low as 3k. Hard to say. If it wasn't insurance claim and could get used exhaust and repair or use a junkyard bumper. Could do if for reasonably cheap.
Old 09-29-2016, 06:55 PM   #8
scandata

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS vert, Spring Green Edtn
I feel your pain.

My post from a few weeks ago
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=466486

My damage is around $4,500.00, but I was only hit in a parking lot, and my car was parked at the time (although they still hit it hard enough to move it over two feet). It's in the shop as I type this. As for being without your car, mine is estimated to be on the rack for 8 or 9 days, and pretty much all cosmetic, so I'd expect yours to be a lot longer.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/scandata/sigpic_zpsxmxmbipg.jpg
scandata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 08:07 PM   #9
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I got hit sitting still and the guy hit doing about 45 dealer estimated 1800 bucks replaced rear fascia, paint, rear impact bar and reverse lights. Said the car handled the rear ending very well no other damage to the quarters or panel alignment.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 09:49 PM   #10
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Not exactly the same thing...but I rear ended someone in my camaro back early August. Car is still in the shop and has $12k+ in damage. No one was hurt and no one had to go to the hospital so thankful for that.

Ready to get mine back so I know how you'll soon feel.
Old 10-13-2016, 08:47 AM   #11
ShadowYYZ

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT Deep Magenta
I wish you guys the best... I'm scared to get into a accident with it being the other persons fault and some how
Trying to throw the blame at me lol. I would have that bad luck
ShadowYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:07 AM   #12
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
I agree with the others. If you've been in a major rear end collision, you must call the police first, get the report, and then call your attorney (even from your hospital bed).

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 11:22 AM   #13
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
I agree with the others. If you've been in a major rear end collision, you must call the police first, get the report, and then call your attorney (even from your hospital bed).
I guess it's just the American way. Sad. As an insurance adjuster I had a claim
on a lady in a Honda Accord who was rear ended by our insured. I went to look
at her car and get the loss info. She met me at the car and I couldn't find any
rear end damage (NONE!). When I questioned her as to where the damage was
she said: "Oh, there's no damage," and handed my an attorneys card. Her and
her 4 small kids were all suing for bodily injuries. Like I said SAD.
Old 10-13-2016, 08:28 PM   #14
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
I guess it's just the American way. Sad. As an insurance adjuster I had a claim
on a lady in a Honda Accord who was rear ended by our insured. I went to look
at her car and get the loss info. She met me at the car and I couldn't find any
rear end damage (NONE!). When I questioned her as to where the damage was
she said: "Oh, there's no damage," and handed my an attorneys card. Her and
her 4 small kids were all suing for bodily injuries. Like I said SAD.
You can't compare that situation to the OPs incident.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote