Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-16-2010, 12:51 PM   #1
BlownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Need Tuning Help fast!

Okay , here is the deal. I have a LS3 and just had a Maggie supercharger installed. I have the Cold Air Inductions CAi installed and the got the tube to work with the maggie. It is over at the dyno right now (I am about 100 miles away). They called and told me that it is running lean 15:1.......They are thinking that the sensor in the cold air tube is sending bad numbers because it only goes about 1/3 into the tube........So far it is just the stock Maggie tune installed. They are doing some data logging now and getting it back to Jannetty Racing to adjust the tune.........Is anybody having the same issues? Will this thing be reliable and safe? Im so confused. I wonder if I am getting charged by the hour to get this thing up and going....I sure hope not!
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
BlownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:53 PM   #2
2010 2-Tone

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS with Custom Stripes
Good Luck!!!!
2010 2-Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:57 PM   #3
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: ...
If you are running the supplied tune that came with the SC, then I could totally see you running lean. That tune is designed with everything stock.

The dyno place doesn't do the tuning!!?? Not much of a dyno place then....
Old 03-16-2010, 12:59 PM   #4
BlownSS

Jannetty is checking the data logs sent to them by the dyno guys and hopefully will be adjusting it accordingly
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:06 PM   #5
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
keep us posted.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:57 PM   #6
BlownSS

Just heard from the Tuner. Making good hp and got the lean issue figure out thanks to Jaqnnetty Racing. Ted wrote a great tune and sent it over to them. Way to Go Jannetty racing! Sad thing is that it only made 485 rwhp (mustang dyno) I am bummed out
Old 03-16-2010, 03:22 PM   #7
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
dude your car has 90 miles on it let it break in more power will come!!

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:55 PM   #8
BlownSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffny09 View Post
dude your car has 90 miles on it let it break in more power will come!!

Yeah, after more chit chat with Mark, I am satisfied. The engine needs to break in and get used to its new toy! We will see .......it is on the trailer right now headed back to my house! I cant say enuf good stuff about Jannetty Racing!
Old 03-16-2010, 04:35 PM   #9
4TH CAMARO

Drives: 2010 SS CGM LS3
HORSES ON THE MUSTANG??

Don't be too upset yet---remember that Mustang dyno's read quite a bit less than the traditional Dynojet units... Not sure of the percentage, but I think it may be up in the 10+% range.... Somebody with more accurate info please correct me.... The real proof will be when you feel how that maggie changed the persona of the car...!!! Methinks you will be pretty stoked! (buy stock in pirelli! ha!)

Kev
4TH CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:38 PM   #10
Robert91RS

Drives: Everywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownSS View Post
Yeah, after more chit chat with Mark, I am satisfied. The engine needs to break in and get used to its new toy! We will see .......it is on the trailer right now headed back to my house! I cant say enuf good stuff about Jannetty Racing!
Congrats man and way to go Ted!
Robert91RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:31 PM   #11
petman
Proud IBM Owner

Drives: 2010 1SS-RS
my car has 700 miles on it and barely starting to feel it coming alive, Run that 93 oct., thru it and be patient, and it was said wait till you get it back so you can feel the power, heck with the 70 miles (or what ever) you don't even have a baseline on what you felt for power... Am in Ohio, and thinking of S.C. soon and going up to MI for this, I have already purchased a Trinity Tuner off of Ted, and the first tune waiting to happen. gotta get CAI, headers, and cat back installed. All laying in my living room.. Let us know what you think of the S.C. Coooooooool.

My Baby, 1SS/RS Auto
petman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:48 PM   #12
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownSS View Post
Wait till you drive it, That is a real good number on a car with 90 miles on it.

When you get some miles on it, she will come alive.

The numbers and the driving experience are 2 different things
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:34 PM   #13
Soundwave

Drives: Camaro SS(2)/RS
Quote:
They called and told me that it is running lean 15:1.......They are thinking that the sensor in the cold air tube is sending bad numbers because it only goes about 1/3 into the tube........So far it is just the stock Maggie tune installed.
You're intake just needs to be calibrated, which is an easy task, especially for pro tuners. You've got nothing to worry about!
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:20 PM   #14
BlownSS

I got it back and all i can say is HOLY Crap! What an experience....i was giggling like a little kid every time i shifted and it lost traction! It is a beast.....it idles like stock...sounds like stock and erupts with constant hard hitting power when you step on it.......best thing is......Nobody else here has one and its a total sleeper! I love it.....Everybody needs to have one!