Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-05-2010, 07:19 PM   #547
ChuckBuSSter

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonGoodman View Post
I'm sure mine is not the most recent. It was from one of the earlier production batches last summer. I guess I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and schedule a service appointment.
I was told today by the GM Engineer working on these issues that the new PDIM software release won't be available until mid-July.
ChuckBuSSter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:45 PM   #548
sstphoenix

Drives: Black 2LT RS 5th gen
Well, day 2 using iphone with the new PDIM.
I never ever ever ever had the static issues in the sound.
Since the new PDIM, now I get it alot.
As Tony the tiger would say ... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat.

I wish I could have my old one back. lol.

oh well.
sstphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:23 PM   #549
Jodeus
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2010 Camaro Synergy Green
Any updates on a new software version for this? It's been a long time and I find it very strange that they would allow the latest iPod players (ie iTouch 3G) to not be compatible and having major display issues.
Thanks.

-Jody
Jodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:29 AM   #550
sstphoenix

Drives: Black 2LT RS 5th gen
i was dissapointed. after contacting my dealer to let them know that the new pdim replacement did not fix the issue, i mentioned that i read in the forums that a new update should be available june/july n if they could notify me when it is available.
they said no.

i think im gonna contact gm this week n see what they have to say.
sstphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:55 AM   #551
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
Not to say that you're inconsequential but, they've got better things to do than call people up to let them know there's a software update to a module in your car. If they did that for everybody all they'd be doing is calling people. I'm sure somebody will post here when it's available. Does it suck that the firmware is kinda janky? Yes it does. Can you still use it to play mp3s on a usb drive? Can you still listen to music through the regular AUX jack? Just use those options until they sort it out.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:43 PM   #552
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Martel View Post
Not to say that you're inconsequential but, they've got better things to do than call people up to let them know there's a software update to a module in your car. If they did that for everybody all they'd be doing is calling people. I'm sure somebody will post here when it's available. Does it suck that the firmware is kinda janky? Yes it does. Can you still use it to play mp3s on a usb drive? Can you still listen to music through the regular AUX jack? Just use those options until they sort it out.
Oh BS. If there's an easy fix- NOTHING EASIER than upgrading software- the dealers ought to not only know about it, they ought to perform the upgrade at the first sign(s) of trouble. I had them check mine- current SW:CC- because my iPhone (3GS) does odd shit like:

A) sometimes fail to connect at all when first plugged in
B) sometimes connects but doesn't play, then does, then sounds like a record skipping when manually advancing to the next song(s)
C) will be playing just fine and all of a sudden stop and give me a display error that there's no readable data (or something to that extent)

They came back with I'm supposed to put the iPhone on airplane mode when using it. WTF does that have to do with anything?
Old 06-08-2010, 07:16 AM   #553
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

You misunderstand my point. I agree that if there's an easy fix the dealers should give you a free upgrade. With all the vehicles that a dealership sells though you can't possibly expect them to contact every single person who has a minor upgrade/update to a non-essential component. Hell, they won't contact you if there's a service bulletin. Why would you think they'd contact you for a PDIM software update?

Airplane mode is how it's supposed to be used. Regardless of you believing you should have to or not, that's how it's meant to be used. If you don't follow the directions, that's on you.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:26 AM   #554
tclancy

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Martel View Post
Airplane mode is how it's supposed to be used. Regardless of you believing you should have to or not, that's how it's meant to be used.
Why? What difference does Airplane Mode make? Besides which, the manual also makes a big deal of the Bluetooth integration for phones and the ability to play music that way as well, which could not be done via Airplane Mode. All Airplane Mode does is shut off the wireless signals, none of which should interfere with the car's ability to work, since it's bombarded by wireless signals from outside anyway. Airplane Mode is one of those things companies use as a magic incantation when you call to complain because they know almost no one uses it, so they can put you off and make you call again by claiming it's vitally important.

This thread has any number of posts from someone who worked/ works on the code for the radio in the car. I don't think any of them mention Airplane Mode when discussing bugs.
tclancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:21 AM   #555
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by tclancy View Post
Why? What difference does Airplane Mode make? Besides which, the manual also makes a big deal of the Bluetooth integration for phones and the ability to play music that way as well, which could not be done via Airplane Mode. All Airplane Mode does is shut off the wireless signals, none of which should interfere with the car's ability to work, since it's bombarded by wireless signals from outside anyway. Airplane Mode is one of those things companies use as a magic incantation when you call to complain because they know almost no one uses it, so they can put you off and make you call again by claiming it's vitally important.

This thread has any number of posts from someone who worked/ works on the code for the radio in the car. I don't think any of them mention Airplane Mode when discussing bugs.
Agreed. Airplane mode shouldn't mean squat when you look at its actual function. Besides, someone's really going to tell me that I have to, in effect, turn off my bluetooth rendering the phone "part" useless so I can use the iPod "part" without issue? You really think the GM engineers (or Daewoo or whomever) are that stupid?

I will admit, I haven't tried keeping airplane mode on all the time in the car to see if it eliminates the issues I listed above. My bitch is simple- update the damn software and take that possibility out of the equation.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:43 AM   #556
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Try it in airplane mode. If it doesn't work then you have a very serious and valid gripe. I understand what you're saying about how airplane mode shouldn't matter. My point is, that's how it's spec'd out in the service bulletin. If something doesn't work by not using it as is directed then I'm sorry but, that's on you. It's like getting pissed because the frozen pizza you bought that specifies cooking in the oven turns out like shit when you cooked it in the microwave.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:28 PM   #557
Foc-Dog
Pickedup Charlene on 9/18

Drives: '00 Ford Focus, '10 2LT/RS BLK
Can I get my Blackberry Bold 9700 to play Pandora through the radio using Bluetooth or is there a PDMI update coming out for that soon?
Old 06-14-2010, 03:49 PM   #558
dagolfguy

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
This is the problem in a nutshell:

I took my car in for it's annual state inspection today. Yes, it is one year old.
It went in with software version CC.
Left the car at the dealer most of the day. The repair service order says "customer requested PDIM software update". It says they did it.
The car still has software version CC installed on it.

I want the new version so I can stop having to futz around to use my Zune. The dealers don't know what they are doing when it comes to computers and software.
We need a way to DO THIS OURSELVES.

GM:
Please help!!!!!
dagolfguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:29 PM   #559
thiggin2

Drives: 05/07 Chevy's
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfguy View Post
The dealers don't know what they are doing when it comes to computers and software.
We need a way to DO THIS OURSELVES.

GM:
Please help!!!!!
Come on, you make it sound like its all dealers. I'm (my employer) perfectly capable of working on a Camaro.
It not rocket science (well maybe alittle ).
thiggin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:03 PM   #560
Justinbattle

Drives: Summit White 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstphoenix View Post
thats the issue im having.
i want it fixed before i get into an accident one day from spending too much time looking for a song. im careful on the road, but still... i shouldnt have to be playing with it.

i got the update, n it didnt fix the issue.

heres a workaround: go into the album or whatever, if its not showing properly, press back and go back in, rinse n repeat (usually by 3rd time max its showing me what i wanna see)
Im having the same issues. Only on my ipod touch and iphone. I have an old Ipod nano that has no problem at all. It seems to be a problem with devices that are running the iOS. Every menu I go into has entries from the previous menu that I was in instead of what should really be there. Mine will also lock up the stereo after a while and I wont be able to use any aux music unless i turn the car off for at least 5 minutes.
really is pissing me off.
Justinbattle is offline   Reply With Quote