Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-31-2012, 10:52 PM   #1611
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
Guns......

THis is how I make a living.... www.apsrifles.com

My little shop. Do not build 1000 HP camaros but I do build 2000 yard precision rifles!!! Camaro is my hobby, guns are my living......

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:53 PM   #1612
metal44

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS-RS
Where did you get the Russian Boar?
metal44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:10 PM   #1613
Hall of Fame

Drives: Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiftydriver View Post
Guns......

THis is how I make a living.... www.apsrifles.com

My little shop. Do not build 1000 HP camaros but I do build 2000 yard precision rifles!!! Camaro is my hobby, guns are my living......

I can appreciate the accurate concentricity being a retired aerospace machinist. I would love to shoot one of your works in a .308
Hall of Fame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:41 PM   #1614
SirMike
Inland Empire Camaro Club

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS, 2015 Challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal44 View Post
Where did you get the Russian Boar?

Russia???

J/K J/K
Old 04-04-2012, 11:13 PM   #1615
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS & z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by iHasCamaro View Post
^^ All valid points, and I wouldn't carry w/o one chambered. However, if someone is not going to carry AT ALL because they are uncomfortable w/ the idea because they are not sure if their routine would result in accidental discharge, there is nothing wrong with doing "dry runs" for a while till they are positive they won't make the trigger go "click" doing what they do throughout the day. Better than finding out by having your gun go "bang" instead of "click".
Just today I met a fellow shooter at my range that tried to be a Good Samaritan. He had given a ride to a girl who was stranded. When he dropped her off in front of her house she exited and left the car door open. Before he knew it a man entered the open door and pointed a revolver at him.
Instinctively he pushed the gun aside and drew his own weapon and shot this effer on the spot.
I think its reasonable to assume that had it not been chambered the outcome would have been reversed.
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:47 AM   #1616
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Comfort View Post
Just today I met a fellow shooter at my range that tried to be a Good Samaritan. He had given a ride to a girl who was stranded. When he dropped her off in front of her house she exited and left the car door open. Before he knew it a man entered the open door and pointed a revolver at him.
Instinctively he pushed the gun aside and drew his own weapon and shot this effer on the spot.
I think its reasonable to assume that had it not been chambered the outcome would have been reversed.
Wow! Where did that take place?

Sent from my abacus using precise finger movements......
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:28 AM   #1617
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS & z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
Wow! Where did that take place?

Sent from my abacus using precise finger movements......
Somewhere around Atlanta. I will ask when and where next time.
He did well in competition last night - made into the final four out of 28.
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:43 AM   #1618
DOOK
Wearing My BowTie

Drives: 2SS~RS VR~Black Ralley's
I just want to say that Calbert doesn't speak for all of Canada.
Toronto is a very different place than Vancouver. ( or pretty much anywhere else for that matter)
Many provinces are outlawing civilian body armour. Makes sense right, because gang bangers will worry about that fine.
Try walking around Jane, and Finch at 1am without one. Let us know how many brothers ask you for a dollar.

There is such a thing as an ATC3 in Canada. Carry to protect life.
Last time the FOI was returned, there were approximately 28 Canadians with CCW permits. Not easy to get.
You might say illusory.
You can get a wilderness carry authorization if you can show the CFO your wilderness job requires both hands to be free, or otherwise not practical to carry a rifle. The minimum is .44 mag, and must be a revolver.
We used to be able to carry semi-auto's but that changed a couple years ago.

There are quite a few Canadians who would like to carry to protect life. There are a few organizations in pursuit of this. I belong to canadacarry.org
We just won a long hard battle scrapping the long gun registry. Passed the senate, and is awaiting Royal assent to become law.
We would like to go after magazine capacities, and Authorizations to transport restricteds next. Both are very silly requirements. Not well thought out laws at all.
Things are changing here. Toronto excepted.
They still think getting rid of all the local gun ranges would have an effect on all the shooting going on there.
Sure did. Now the police have to travel miles out of city limits to practice. just like the civies.

Gun laws are the one thing who's abject failure demands more of the same.

If I could carry, I would probably carry my M&P .45, or my Norinco 1911 commander.
Big, and slow beats small, and fast.

Last edited by DOOK; 04-10-2012 at 07:56 AM.
DOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #1619
iHasCamaro

Drives: Silver 2012 1SS
Way to fight the good fight against all that "common sense" (nonsense) gun legislation. Wish I could say our laws were going that direction.
iHasCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:01 PM   #1620
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:
Way to fight the good fight against all that "common sense" (nonsense) gun legislation. Wish I could say our laws were going that direction.
I have to say...it's one of the great things about living in Texas.

Here's my latest acquisition.
Attached Images

Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:05 PM   #1621
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
Thats a sexy bitttttttttttttttch!!
2010SS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:08 PM   #1622
iHasCamaro

Drives: Silver 2012 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
I have to say...it's one of the great things about living in Texas.

Here's my latest acquisition.
Geez that thing's too pretty to use lol.

I like the <Dr. Evil>La-ser</Dr. Evil> too
iHasCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:12 PM   #1623
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:
Geez that thing's too pretty to use lol.

I like the <Dr. Evil>La-ser</Dr. Evil> too
I had one simple request. And that was to have frickin' laser beams attached to the grip!
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:18 PM   #1624
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOK View Post
I just want to say that Calbert doesn't speak for all of Canada.
Toronto is a very different place than Vancouver. ( or pretty much anywhere else for that matter)
Many provinces are outlawing civilian body armour. Makes sense right, because gang bangers will worry about that fine.
Try walking around Jane, and Fitch at 1am without one. Let us know how many brothers ask you for a dollar.

There is such a thing as an ATC3 in Canada. Carry to protect life.
Last time the FOI was returned, there were approximately 28 Canadians with CCW permits. Not easy to get.
You might say illusory.
You can get a wilderness carry authorization if you can show the CFO your wilderness job requires both hands to be free, or otherwise not practical to carry a rifle. The minimum is .44 mag, and must be a revolver.
We used to be able to carry semi-auto's but that changed a couple years ago.

There are quite a few Canadians who would like to carry to protect life. There are a few organizations in pursuit of this. I belong to canadacarry.org
We just won a long hard battle scrapping the long gun registry. Passed the senate, and is awaiting Royal assent to become law.
We would like to go after magazine capacities, and Authorizations to transport restricteds next. Both are very silly requirements. Not well thought out laws at all.
Things are changing here. Toronto excepted.
They still think getting rid of all the local gun ranges would have an effect on all the shooting going on there.
Sure did. Now the police have to travel miles out of city limits to practice. just like the civies.

Gun laws are the one thing who's abject failure demands more of the same.

If I could carry, I would probably carry my M&P .45, or my Norinco 1911 commander.
Big, and slow beats small, and fast.
Dude. Are you a comedian, and just joking right? Jane & Finch is like a stroll in the park feeding squirrels, I go there all the time day or night are you kidding? York University is at Jane Finch. I used to work on the opposite side called Woodbridge which is awesome. If you're scared to stroll in Regent Park I'd hate to see you in some parts of NY, NJ, Florida or Cali.

As for carrying weapons you just made my point very difficult to prove you need a carry license for protection of life (most of the time only people in the diamond business can get them), and I don't have any position other than things are NOT that difficult here in Toronto or Vancouver or anywhere else in Canada to carry a .44mag., as you said all like a few dozen people out of 30mil. have carry permits. If you think our impoverished areas are so dangerous go spend a few months in the ghetto's or PJ's in the USA playa'. I have. No comparison at all. Ain't no brotha's in Jane / Finch worried about robbing you for chump change.

The only people in Canada that need to, or, carry weapons are the gang bangers (who get busted every week by the cops so can't afford guns anyway), and they aren't trying to snatch your wallet, they're more interested in stealing from themselves (home invasions) or vendettas, and have to borrow weapons to do it. LOL

As for Jane & Finch, Regent Park downtown was more dangerous and they just demolished that whole area to build condos so all that s**t is gone now. And, that's my point, any areas in Canada that starts to get at a certain ghetto level, ends up getting leveled and rebuilt. That's your tax dollars at work man.

So, my position is nothing wrong with guns for recreational use or legitimate crime fighting (the rare bank robbery), but there is something inherently wrong with modern societies that "have to" carry guns for safety reasons. Not putting anyone or any place down, just saying the system is broken.

As for dangerous places in Canada, Montreal is the sure fire winner Toronto dangerous, please, bunch a wanna' be's watching too much television. I've chilled in the so called dangerous areas in the T.dot plenty of times, never once and issue. I've even done the underground party scene back in the day. So, before you want to give T.dot too much street cred, get the facts. .44 mag in Toronto, what a joke, probably shoot self in foot.

As for long gun registry, it never existed before that moron shot up a bunch of innocent women (where did that happen?), in Montreal poly-technical school about a decade ago. To keep their jobs, the Liberals just wanted to put long gun registry in place to say they did something to keep the kooks from buying guns. And, now after spending several billions of our tax dollars on it, even police admitting it's useless. You don't have to register your shotguns, but you still have to get training to obtain a PAL for them, serious background checks, and there's no way you're walking around Toronto with shotgun in your ride pretending it's so dangerous you have to bust some shot in someones ass who's trying to rob your few dollars for a pack of cigarrettes and a bottle of Malt Liquor (Colt45). LOL See, I told you I was in the US for a long time. LOL At best you get a permit to go to / from the range to do some skeet shooting, or some hunt for geese / turkey. Give me a break, Jane & Finch, I've got to show my friends and some locals that blurb, so we can have a good laugh over a few pops at a bar in Jane & Finch. Many very well off, extremely educated people lived, worked, and educated themselves at Jane & Finch. What do you really know about that area? Obviously, not much other than what some ignoramus told you about it.

I know plenty of people that are licensed firearm owners, and none of them carry, want to carry, need to carry or have any desire to carry any type of firearms. They own firearms for recreational purposes only.

Our strict gun laws ensure people aren't walking around shooting themselves or others by accident or worse the wackos' can't get them as easily (like some places I won't mention), and if the wackos' do get them they'll do hard time if they do, or use them to harm society and for that you should be grateful. As for long-gun registry, agreed useless tool. Having guns for recreation is one thing, needing them to go to the store for a pack of cigs is another. And, that's the reason your organization has such a difficult time getting community support to "carry firearms". And, yes I am familiar with your organization.

Last edited by calbert1999; 04-05-2012 at 04:42 PM.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro gun