Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2014 Camaro5 Fest (V)

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 05:58 PM   #15
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I heard some folks were already calling around trying to block off rooms at several hotels poking and hoping. I hope these folks realize just how much they can screw over all the other members by doing this. f you call three hotels, we all know you aren't going to go back and cancel your rooms at the ones that you picked wrongly. That's going to hurt a lot of businesses and block out a lot of people until last minute. DO NOT DO THIS. Just let it go. Don't make life difficult for everyone. Let us secure the hotels and pricing for everyone. Thanks
Old 08-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #16
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I heard some folks were already calling around trying to block off rooms at several hotels poking and hoping. I hope these folks realize just how much they can screw over all the other members by doing this. f you call three hotels, we all know you aren't going to go back and cancel your rooms at the ones that you picked wrongly. That's going to hurt a lot of businesses and block out a lot of people until last minute. DO NOT DO THIS. Just let it go. Don't make life difficult for everyone. Let us secure the hotels and pricing for everyone. Thanks
This should be added into the OP..... IMO.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:22 PM   #17
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
This should be added into the OP..... IMO.
Done... Thanks
Old 08-06-2013, 07:22 PM   #18
LS1hawk

Drives: 11 SGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
It's amazing the number of folks that did this with the host hotel this year. Blocked off many rooms and didn't back out until the last minute. When we heard we were going back to Indy one of the perks was the hotels ability to accommodate everyone. Didn't happen with the number of people that overbook making others find hotels nearby.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:53 PM   #19
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I'm not even staying at my place... Should be finalizing hotel blocks on Friday.

Is there a place that can hold 2500 people and park 1700 cars? That is my prediction. Ya heard it here first.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:08 AM   #20
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
Subscribed
Old 08-07-2013, 11:20 PM   #21
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]

Drives: Camaro Of The Week.
so c5fest5 is gonna be in houston mike?

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession

2010 Camaro V6 1LT | Kooks Catback Exhaust + MBRP exhaust tips | TF3 Stripes | GM Transformers Emblem and Door Sill | Stillen splitter | GMX rear diffuser | K&N CAI | Pulstar iridium spark plugs. | Gm High Wing Spoiler | BBK LT Headers | BMR 4 Point Strut Bar | BMR 1" Lowering Springs | ZL1 Side Skirt | Black Ice-olator | Trifecta Tune |

My Build Thread
Old 08-07-2013, 11:56 PM   #22
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkartasasmita View Post
so c5fest5 is gonna be in houston mike?
Yes sir
Old 08-08-2013, 02:06 AM   #23
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1hawk View Post
It's amazing the number of folks that did this with the host hotel this year. Blocked off many rooms and didn't back out until the last minute. When we heard we were going back to Indy one of the perks was the hotels ability to accommodate everyone. Didn't happen with the number of people that overbook making others find hotels nearby.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Is there a place that can hold 2500 people and park 1700 cars? That is my prediction. Ya heard it here first.
Exactly.

Now...every hotel in the area is probably going to be booked. Again, check out the post above. I read the thread daily about registration in that host hotel. "Three rooms available...can't go." "Two more rooms available...not going to be able to make it."

If hotels actually took a deposit on these rooms, people would be more apt to only book the ones they NEED. that's something we are going to need to talk to the hotels about...

we got a WHOLE lot of people coming to Texas this year and only so many hotels. We CAN make this work if people LET US.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:08 AM   #24
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
There are a lot of curious plurals in this thread.....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-08-2013, 08:16 AM   #25
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
It's not like Baytown is a million miles from Houston with many world class hotels.

Hell if Houston can handle the Superbowl/World Series/All Star Games and OTC events it can handle a Cfest
530/520 SAE
Old 08-08-2013, 08:33 AM   #26
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskSS View Post
It's not like Baytown is a million miles from Houston with many world class hotels.

Hell if Houston can handle the Superbowl/World Series/All Star Games and OTC events it can handle a Cfest
Maybe we should shoot for more attendance than those sporting events!
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
Old 08-08-2013, 09:17 AM   #27
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
Quote:
Originally Posted by snymat68 View Post
Hell yeah!!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #28
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by snymat68 View Post
We are definitely expecting more next year than any other year. Hotel negotiations are on-going and we should have something nailed down later next week and get the info out shortly after. Seems everything in Houston is 45 min away but the route to RPR is part of the equation too. Interstate 10 is a straight shot to RPR from the city of Houston so we do have many options with a short drive each day.

Closed Thread