Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-09-2015, 01:57 PM   #2731
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Correct me if I am wrong but didn't the first Hellcats just get delivered last month or end of November?
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 02:07 PM   #2732
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but didn't the first Hellcats just get delivered last month or end of November?
The first 'Cats starting finding their way into costumer hands at the beginning of November. It's only been recently that it's becoming more "common" to have deliveries.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 03:02 PM   #2733
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
The first 'Cats starting finding their way into costumer hands at the beginning of November. It's only been recently that it's becoming more "common" to have deliveries.
Thats what I thought..
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 03:06 PM   #2734
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
We've been seeing a steady stream of Failcat first-drives, performance tests and reviews since July. Deliveries just in time for November air. Here we sit in January waiting for someone to flip the magic switch that makes all the kitty's run 11.2. Maybe people are using the wrong FOB?

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 03:44 PM   #2735
gen6waiter

Drives: Toyota Taco. 2010 SS-Sold :(
wow...lots of hate for the hellcat from someone....wonder why.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:44 PM   #2736
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Medisin,

Please show me your links to a stock GT500 or ZL1, running anywhere near these new times on the basic mods done to the Hellcat. Remember the number is 10:48 @ 133-mph with nothing other than fuel & tires (no lightweight wheels) and only 275 series 555R were used. 11:05 @ 126-mph fuel only.

The GT500 and ZL1 have had 3+ years to accomplish what the Hellcat has done in 1-2 months of initial deliveries.

Please set us all straight here ok.
Lol... The ZL1 was made for the older and less HP GT500 and this GT500 was made to go up against the less powered ZL1! So Dodge had to put the Hellcat over the Viper and had 3 years to try and spend all of their time and money just to make something beat the 3 year old ZL1 and GT500! Not impress because anybody can make something just as fast and reliable if they had 3 years ! You're going after 3 year old cars that is at the end of their production! What is their to brag about! And I like the Hellcat too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen6waiter View Post
Well can you say that he don't have a point?
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 04:47 PM   #2737
96MrBass

Drives: GM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen6waiter View Post
Your browser n a Camaro/Chevrolet forum.
Roto- Fab Cai, SLP 1 3/4" headers, 3"X pipe, LM2 cat back, Comp Cam & AI Heads, SLP UP, RPM Tuned, GPI Intake, Vmax TB, ADM Air Scoop, 3.91 Gears, Gforce driveshaft, Braille 21#, Elite Catch Can, Pfadt Tie Rods, Diff Bushings and Trailing arms, Eibach spings & sways, BMR cradle bushings, Nt555r's.
96MrBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 06:14 PM   #2738
lewylew

Drives: 2010 ZL550& 2021 C8 Z51
Because this is a Camaro forum all must hate other cars? I have both a Camaro and a Hellcat so should I hate on my Hellcat here and my Camaro there?

The Hellcat is a badazz car and am sure you will see plenty of low 11 time slips. The cars are just now getting into everyones hands. When the weather breaks in the NE is when you will see the slips come out.

Medisin just reads magazines all day. Magazine are usually off from my experience. Now you have a car running well under the times indicated from Mopar it's only because of race gas! I don't think race fuel would pick up that much time without a tune to support it. Like I said before we will have to wait and see once the cars start hitting the track. Soon!!
Old 01-09-2015, 06:51 PM   #2739
gen6waiter

Drives: Toyota Taco. 2010 SS-Sold :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96MrBass View Post
Your browser n a Camaro/Chevrolet forum.
We have our fav brand or model but a car guy is a car guy...respects other cars, particularly performance cars. Anyone hating on other performance cars just because they may be faster/better in one aspect of the performance scale is not a car guy. There is a word for it.
Old 01-10-2015, 06:04 AM   #2740
96MrBass

Drives: GM
He asked why all the hate and I would assume being on a Camaro/Chevy forum would account for about 90% of that ( common sense tells me ). Yes there are people that like all brand's and that's fine but his question was why.
Roto- Fab Cai, SLP 1 3/4" headers, 3"X pipe, LM2 cat back, Comp Cam & AI Heads, SLP UP, RPM Tuned, GPI Intake, Vmax TB, ADM Air Scoop, 3.91 Gears, Gforce driveshaft, Braille 21#, Elite Catch Can, Pfadt Tie Rods, Diff Bushings and Trailing arms, Eibach spings & sways, BMR cradle bushings, Nt555r's.
96MrBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:42 AM   #2741
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
He asked why all the hate and I would assume being on a Camaro/Chevy forum would account for about 90% of that ( common sense tells me ). Yes there are people that like all brand's and that's fine but his question was why.
Your right!

Who cares? if its fast its fast.

If you like it buy it if you don't like it then buy something else.

But will GM make something with 710 hp?

I don't think so,they get enough flack from all sources already.
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:49 AM   #2742
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Yea, but Camaro5 is the only forum that you can talk about the other cars and the conversation be respectful ! Not much hating on Camaro5 like the Challenger and mustang forums! So I don't know what ppl is talking about hating on another car for! But of course like you said you are on a Camaro forum ,so you should expect something but many challenger and mustang ppl have came on and said that Camaro5 surprised them by not being childish like the mustang and challenger forums!
And actually showed that the ppl on have a love for all three ! So Camaro5 is the best at talking about other cars without always trashing them!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 10:15 AM   #2743
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Yea, but Camaro5 is the only forum that you can talk about the other cars and the conversation be respectful ! .....
And actually showed that the ppl on have a love for all three ! So Camaro5 is the best at talking about other cars without always trashing them!

You're kidding right?
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 10:18 AM   #2744
hockeylover86

Drives: Buick
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Medisin,

Please show me your links to a stock GT500 or ZL1, running anywhere near these new times on the basic mods done to the Hellcat. Remember the number is 10:48 @ 133-mph with nothing other than fuel & tires (no lightweight wheels) and only 275 series 555R were used. 11:05 @ 126-mph fuel only.

The GT500 and ZL1 have had 3+ years to accomplish what the Hellcat has done in 1-2 months of initial deliveries.

Please set us all straight here ok.
I'm not believing that 133mph on a stock engine/tune at that weight, smells like nitrous to me..
hockeylover86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dodge, hellcat, horsepower, srt