Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 01-28-2012, 12:19 PM   #43
jeffa

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Ashen Gray Metallic
I have both a Metra kit and the Scosche kit.

I prefer the Scosche kit, as they really took the time to figure out how to run all the kit's wiring to allow the head unit to fit in the radio cavity. I had no problem in getting all of my head unit's wiring and RCA's tucked in the cavity and the unit fit without trying to jam it in, even with RCA cables connected to the unit for add on amplifiers in the trunk.

I could not for the life of me get the Metra kit to allow me to get all the wiring in along with the unit, so after 3 hours, I gave up.....not very well thought out on cable locations.

I had no fit issues with the Scosche kit...and Scosche's mounting brackets for the head unit are metal, not plastic like the Metra kit....more secure mounting in the dash.

All in all, I like the Scosche kit much better than the Metra.
jeffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:45 PM   #44
Phantom.5SS
Hell yeah I'm Guilty.....

Drives: 2010 2-SS ABM NON-RS
@ DUPER: how does the USB connect for thumb drives???? is there enough cable to run it to the stock arm rest location??
In regard to the heated seats..are they On/Off or proportional like the stock selectors?

Nice write up.....I like the look better also.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:57 PM   #45
Duper

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS / RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom.5SS View Post
@ DUPER: how does the USB connect for thumb drives???? is there enough cable to run it to the stock arm rest location??
In regard to the heated seats..are they On/Off or proportional like the stock selectors?

Nice write up.....I like the look better also.
Yeah, my alpine has enough cable to take it all the way to the arm rest location. I would imaging all radio manufacturers have enough cable length to get to the armrest.

And there are two warmth levels for the heated seats just like stock. Push it once for full heat and again for half heat and then again to turn it off.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:25 PM   #46
Phantom.5SS
Hell yeah I'm Guilty.....

Drives: 2010 2-SS ABM NON-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duper View Post
Yeah, my alpine has enough cable to take it all the way to the arm rest location. I would imaging all radio manufacturers have enough cable length to get to the armrest.

And there are two warmth levels for the heated seats just like stock. Push it once for full heat and again for half heat and then again to turn it off.
Excellent...full feature and easy install....
Thank you , I m going to order now.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:33 PM   #47
Duper

The tone of the chimes and clicks were bothering me so i put a strip of duct tape over the speaker grill inside the kit and it sounds much more tolerable to me. Just a suggestion for anyone else who feels the same.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:14 PM   #48
Medplus

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Just got off the phone with Scosche technical service today. They are having issues with the Pioneer bluetooth units and the steering wheel controls. Bad news, no quick fit/setting today. The BUS unit is not adapting to these pioneer units with the built in bluetooth. The good news, it that they were very responsive and trying to fit the issue. I will say, the tech team there is excellent. Hopefully they can flash the units that are pioneer specific and send out new ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post
I tried all the different radios in the car/settings on the Scosche but the volume don't work. I know the button is working because with different radio settings in scosche it would chage either presets or source if you have the wrong radio set. I can tell you with the Avicz130bt the volume does not work with Steering controls.

Last edited by Medplus; 01-30-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Medplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:36 AM   #49
robotfighter

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2LS
No problems with my Scosche kits and Kenwood DNX6980. Got a cheap backup camera on Amazon for like $13 and it looks great! Kenwood allows color matching of their instrument panel with the Camaro, so that was super cool. I agree that the chimes are dorky. And I dislike the startup logo. But there were no technical problems installing the kit - the installers at Al & Ed's Autosound were really impressed with it.
robotfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:44 AM   #50
Duper

I fixed those gaps I got... just took a little epoxy like I saw someone else use as reinforcement. So far, so good with the kit. The touchscreen looks sooo good at night. Waaay better look than the Metra kit.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:31 PM   #51
robotfighter

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2LS
By the way, someone on the board mentioned that the On Star kit is now available from Scosche. I called and can verify that it's true. The thing that bugs me though, is that they say it's beebn available for the past 2 weeks! No mention of it on their site or anywhere else, though!
robotfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:24 PM   #52
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Quote:
Originally Posted by robotfighter View Post
By the way, someone on the board mentioned that the On Star kit is now available from Scosche. I called and can verify that it's true. The thing that bugs me though, is that they say it's beebn available for the past 2 weeks! No mention of it on their site or anywhere else, though!
I mention it in another thread. I called about a week and half ago and they said that did not have it. I called today and they said got it so I ordered it. I was told that I may get it Thursday or Friday. I will find out then if it correct part then. I feel it should have been included with the kit.
It should be on their web site by now.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:40 AM   #53
JuanBAMF

Drives: Black 2012 1LS
So just to clarify. Just like u said follow the instructions. I didn't I went to turn everything on and my ac controls didn't light up at all. Door locks and hazard buttons worked but ac screen wasn't illuminating. Someone said I had to download firmware? But then I read the whole turnin on procedure. I was scared sheetless thinking the kit was messed up but hopefully now I can get closure.
JuanBAMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:53 PM   #54
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Juan- that's odd.. I did my install yeasterday, powered up within seconds after initial install.. disconnected and hooked up again numerous times before final install -worked fine all occassions. I couldn't get the update to load properly, gonna call Scoshe Wed, but all is working right now as advertised.

Will say this though (to add to the OP's original evaluation...)

The screen display controls SUCK- the background is a grainy black on night mode, and ugle gray on day... why no solid black? Looks cheap...

Speaking of cheap... MY DAMN BUTTONS ARE STICKING... a LOT!!!!!! If they don't loosen soon, I'll warranty the unit. Unacceptable.

Not impressed. Looks good "Off" and seems to work, but seriously cheapens ths look of a $40k car....
Attached Images

Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:43 PM   #55
Djmoekli
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
how much does it cost to install this?
Djmoekli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 10:44 AM   #56
mikeys

Drives: 2012 camaro
tuck wires