Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-30-2014, 01:08 PM   #29
B_Rian

Drives: 2014 2SS
sorry for bumping an old thread. but I just bought a set of the RPI stealth kits and I'm having trouble with the rear. anyone have any pointers on how to remove the screws and what the black tubes are for?
B_Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 01:24 PM   #30
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Rian View Post
sorry for bumping an old thread. but I just bought a set of the RPI stealth kits and I'm having trouble with the rear. anyone have any pointers on how to remove the screws and what the black tubes are for?
Removing the tire is the key. After that you can get to screws. The tubes are spacers. Put the washer on the screw, put the screw through the hole in the splash guard and slid the tubes onto the screw. You would put two tubes on the screw for the top hole. Does that make sense? It does to me but maybe someone could explain it better.
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 01:42 PM   #31
B_Rian

Drives: 2014 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ455 View Post
Removing the tire is the key. After that you can get to screws. The tubes are spacers. Put the washer on the screw, put the screw through the hole in the splash guard and slid the tubes onto the screw. You would put two tubes on the screw for the top hole. Does that make sense? It does to me but maybe someone could explain it better.
Thanks. I was hoping I would not have to remove the tire but I know it'll make it a lot easier. as far as installing I think I follow you.
you mean like this?
Attached Images

B_Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 02:24 PM   #32
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
Glad I could help. It sounded good to me, but sometimes reading instructions without pictures is difficult.
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 06:57 PM   #33
Notorious Bob

Drives: 2013 2LT RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
drilling a drywall screw thru flap and into this clear plastic piece.
This is actually an awesome tip!
Old 08-31-2014, 11:47 AM   #34
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Auto
Good luck is all I can say. After my RPI stealth flaps fell apart in 4 months, I made my own out of metal flashing for $5. They have lasted for 2 years already.

RPI did offer to replace them; but I figured the replacements would be just as brittle as the originals.
Attached Images

yzark99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:33 PM   #35
Notorious Bob

Drives: 2013 2LT RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzark99 View Post
Good luck is all I can say. After my RPI stealth flaps fell apart in 4 months, I made my own out of metal flashing for $5. .
Wow, looks like you torqued the crap out of the fasteners... do you expect anything plastic to survive that?
Old 09-01-2014, 03:26 AM   #36
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Auto
No, they were just snug with no looseness, not torqued down. All 4 failed around the screw holes.
yzark99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 09:44 PM   #37
silverz28

Drives: 1996 Camaro Z28, 2012 2SS/RS
Ordered some but USPS lost them and they are only insured for $50. Thanks USPS!!!
2012 2SS/RS IOM, LS3, Aftermarket Hurst shifter, IOM interior, Borla "S", 1 7/8 Big Flow headers, ADM Race cold air, BMR 1" lowering springs, SLP Supercharger, Custom Comp Cam, Fore Innovations twin pumps, Flex Fuel Sensor
silverz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 01:55 PM   #38
449wireman

Drives: 2010 Camaro ss transformer edition
I have just received the RPI splash guards. Like everyone says front are fine and look good rear are very hokey! I've sent a request to RPI for more information on mounting or if they even sent the right ones for rear. Will let you know what they say,as is not very satisfied.
449wireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 08:59 AM   #39
449wireman

Drives: 2010 Camaro ss transformer edition
I was able to contact RPI by email. Turns out they sent wrong rear flaps,new proper ones on the way. Good customer service. I've already figured to replace plastic tube spacers with cut pieces of 1/2" PVC.
449wireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 03:04 PM   #40
Iceintheback

Drives: 15 Commemorative Edition Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPIDon View Post
Hi KBsSS, The past is the past, let's work on the future If you would like to get the splash guards and give them a try, if you are not happy with them you can send them back for a full refund. We have a couple different types of splash guards, this kit we make the front and rear ones, since the rear fender well is recessed there are spacers that you have to trim to make them fit. We also sell ones that come with a GM molded rear splash guards that will be a little easier to install (they are more expensive ) and then we sell the GM molded front and rear splash guards (that are even more expensive) Not sure what your goal is but don't forget use coupon code RPIDON and get 10% off. Please give me a call if you have any questions 888-257-8515 ext 2. Thanks, Don
Hi Don,

I bought the kit that comes with the front and rear completely flat.

I have a 2015 I am putting them on and yes, there is a recess on my back wells. Not sure how to go about installing them as there are so many different pieces that came with them. Can you give me a heads up on which pieces to use and how?

Thanks
Iceintheback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 03:09 PM   #41
Iceintheback

Drives: 15 Commemorative Edition Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Rian View Post
Thanks. I was hoping I would not have to remove the tire but I know it'll make it a lot easier. as far as installing I think I follow you.
you mean like this?
Did you cut the tube to make the screw work? It seems much too short if you don't cut them.
Iceintheback is offline   Reply With Quote