Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-23-2016, 06:07 AM   #1
derek1387

Drives: 2015 1LS Red V6
The Build Thread: KPE Powered LFX Camaro

Well, its time to start the build thread

As many of you know, I am working with KPE on developing a new and improved supercharger kit for the LFX platform, and then branch back to the LLT. KPE has bought out the rights to IPF's kit, and made many improvements to the kit, and are bringing in some upgraded parts and tuning in the package. I do NOT know the pricing that it will be at, but Jay and Ryan will be tagging along on this post and other posts, with whatever information you want.

The plan is to do a full DIY install thread, with dyno numbers for a VMAX TB, and 80MM TB, as well as with the stock 3.8" pulley, and a 3.48" pulley.

So, to preface...

2015 1LS Camaro Red Hot LFX with 13120 miles
Catless downpipes, NPP Dual Mode exhaust with Magnaflow 11386 X pipe
Jacfab ported manifold and spacer
Overkill Tuning, 80mm TB, E85 kit
bunch of suspension work....check out the other threads.

This is the Supercharger thread!

Key upgrades to the KPE kit over the original kit

Blow through 3.5" MAF with flow straightening screen. Allows for far better efficiency and tuning ability.

Improved pulley and bearing design. More robust for trouble free operation for years to come.

Larger, more efficient intercooler. The cooler the air charge, the more power. We do NOT paint these either as the paint reduces heat transfer.

Relocation and redesigned power steering reservoir and adapter. Moves reservoir up and back for ease of access and no kinking of hoses, Better flow to the pump from reservoir.

Addition of proper crankcase evacuation system specifically designed to provide constant crankcase evacuation avoiding oil contamination and extends engine life.

Special machined in anti-slip texture for improved grip.

Will Overkill tuning. Will is one of the most talented tuners of the GM GDI engines allowing more power, better efficiency.

Larger 6203 bearing that is standard for most OEM idler/tensioners and in many V8 big boost centri kits.

Parts show up today via UPS in the afternoon. So I will post pictures then of the parts

As for right now....
yesterday I installed the Denso ITV22 spark plugs that come highly recommended by MagnumForceGB

Also installed a 2 bar MAP sensor from the ATS 2.0T engine. Direct fit, just need to trim the intake manifold a hair. This MAP will work perfect for the supercharger build. Its part number is AC Delco 12643955. It was $24 on Amazon. Just need to change the linear and offset numbers in the tune. Will knows this, but if you do the install on your own, and do your own tuning, the numbers are 424.99 and -32.50

As for my boost gauge setup, it also has a wideband built in. It is the Innovate PSB-1. I did not do an install write up on it, but certainly can if anyone needs help!

JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

5th Gen V6 Performance Facebook Group
derek1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 06:08 AM   #2
derek1387

Starting off by getting the car up on jack stands in the front-Not needed, but gives better access to everything. You will need to remove the front fascia and wheel well liners (not needed, but, again, easier access). If you have a catch can system (YOU BETTER HAVE!) go ahead and remove that now. Also feel free to remove your intake system, as it will need to be out of the way.

To remove the front fascia, you will need a 7mm socket, 10mm socket, flat head screwdriver or pick (for the push lock connectors), and a T15 torx bit

You will have 5 total T15 bolts in each wheel well liner, and 3 7mm bolts on the bottom of the liner.

Then 7 10mm bolts to remove, and 2 7mm bolts, and 5 push lock connectors to remove the front fascia. Once you remove the front fascia and wheel well liners, put them somewhere safe, as you don’t want to have to re-paint!

BTW, all photos are shot with a Nikon D5200, or my iPhone 6+.

Parts show up today…so unboxing, and…hopefully pre-assembly later on! 

JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

Old 08-23-2016, 06:09 AM   #3
derek1387

Reserved
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Old 08-23-2016, 06:10 AM   #4
derek1387

Reserved 2
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Old 08-23-2016, 06:11 AM   #5
derek1387

Reserved 3
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Old 08-23-2016, 08:12 AM   #6
Shawno72

Drives: 2015 Black 2LT RS M6
Let's do this man!!
Overkill tune/E85/80mm•CAI cold air intake w/my custom maf tube•Apex air scoop•JacFab ported intake/Extendolater•Vitesse•EE EX2 catch can•Innovate wideband•ARH HFC's•NPP exhaust•11386 xpipe•Brembos/cross drilled/slotted rotors•SS M/C•Pfadt 1.25 springs•1LE struts/sways/strut tower brace•BMR diff bush, trail arms/bush, adj toe links•My custom Tunnel brace•Hurst short throw shifter•JDP stage 1 clutch res•1LE steering wheel, shift boot•ZL1 rear diffuser/splash guards•GM splitter•Z/28 grille/flowtie/spoiler/wheels•GM performance pedals•"Chevrolet" door sills•10" Kicker sub•BigWorm overlays
Shawno72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 08:19 AM   #7
Shawno72

Drives: 2015 Black 2LT RS M6
Also nows the perfect time to upgrade the Z/28 grille. Just saying
Overkill tune/E85/80mm•CAI cold air intake w/my custom maf tube•Apex air scoop•JacFab ported intake/Extendolater•Vitesse•EE EX2 catch can•Innovate wideband•ARH HFC's•NPP exhaust•11386 xpipe•Brembos/cross drilled/slotted rotors•SS M/C•Pfadt 1.25 springs•1LE struts/sways/strut tower brace•BMR diff bush, trail arms/bush, adj toe links•My custom Tunnel brace•Hurst short throw shifter•JDP stage 1 clutch res•1LE steering wheel, shift boot•ZL1 rear diffuser/splash guards•GM splitter•Z/28 grille/flowtie/spoiler/wheels•GM performance pedals•"Chevrolet" door sills•10" Kicker sub•BigWorm overlays
Shawno72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 08:33 AM   #8
derek1387

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooSTedFoST View Post
When did you do the SS hood and ZL1 rock guards?!?!
I cut the hole for the SS heat extractor about a week ago, and did the ZL1 diffuser and rock guards a month or two ago
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Old 08-23-2016, 01:01 PM   #9
darcycook

Drives: 2013 v6 auto 1LT
whats the info on the spark plugs , better spark ect? im a daily driver be a good upgrade?
darcycook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 01:09 PM   #10
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
Ahhh chock those rear wheels! What's wrong with you You can't let Lola get hurt.

Excited to see the build finally happening. Good luck with everything!

ChibiBlackSheep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 01:21 PM   #11
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Looking good, hood turned out nice too.
Please tell me you have chocks on those rear wheels.
Lola is way to pretty for some idiot to come along and knock it off the stands.
Old 08-23-2016, 02:42 PM   #12
derek1387

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajefe View Post
Looking good, hood turned out nice too.
Please tell me you have chocks on those rear wheels.
Lola is way to pretty for some idiot to come along and knock it off the stands.

Chocks are in place, and E Brake is on

And parts are here!

Sneak peak till this evening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Old 08-23-2016, 02:49 PM   #13
derek1387

3" thick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Old 08-23-2016, 04:16 PM   #14
shags

Drives: 2016 SS Garnet Red A8
who's installing it the KPE shop ?
shags is offline   Reply With Quote