Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-05-2015, 11:33 PM   #1051
Pyrobano

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE summit white
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Ray View Post
Sorry this product seem like its a Accident waiting to Happen
VTC on SP9 + track stability off + cold or rainy day = Accident
Depending on the driver
Old 08-06-2015, 06:03 AM   #1052
camrytt

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrobano View Post
Mine is my DD as well and only had the cel-power loss three times in almost a year that I've had the VTC. Some people have a lot of problems, some little like me and some none at all. I also drag my car at the strip once every couple of months with no issues. The times I've had the cel-power loss has been at regular driving. You can always return it.
What do you have to do when the check engine light comes on?
camrytt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 06:33 AM   #1053
IneedAZ

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 & 2021 BMW M340i x Dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by camrytt View Post
I used the app Torque to see what the code is and clear it.

Sold 1967 Camaro Pro Street. Ran 10's mild BB on NOS.

2017 HyperBlue ZL1 A10 ** Born 3/17/17**Delivered 4/08/17
2020 Build: Mag2650, BTR Stage2, NW103, BG, 14% lower, 90mm upper, ARH 2" Long system w/no cats, SW Legend mufflers. **807hp/762tq on 93 gas** and **848hp/792tq on e47**

Sold 2018 (Go Mango) Dodge Charger Daytona 392 Daily Driver

Daily Driver 2021 BMW M340i Xdrive
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 07:58 AM   #1054
Pyrobano

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE summit white
Quote:
Originally Posted by camrytt View Post
The first time it happened I unplugged the VTC and plugged it back an hour later and everything went back to normal. Then the last two times I just reprogrammed it just as you would for the first time, the cel goes away after a few miles of driving. My brother's SS has full-bolt ons and tune (stock TB)and he has never had an issue with his VTC.

Last edited by Pyrobano; 08-06-2015 at 01:30 PM.
Pyrobano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 02:47 PM   #1055
Minoclan

Drives: 2014 2LT RS Coupe (Red Hot)
Mine just crashed. Reduced power CEL. Tore it out, really
Minoclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 03:08 PM   #1056
sixt3denied

Drives: 2012 1LT/RS BLACK w NOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
So how did it go? I want one, but mine is my DD and don't have the time for the mentioned issues.
Reinstalled. Been driving on SP6 and so far so good. No CELs. Beating the heck out of the gas pedal when i can, to put it through its paces and give me some confidence that its not gonna throw a CEL. Will post another update next week. Hoping all stays running smoothly.
BBK CAI, Dynomax Ultra Flow Exhaust, Vitesse Throttle Controller, 3M Dark Tint, BMR Subframe Connectors, BMR Drive Shaft Tunnel Brace, Bosch Brakes, Ny-Trex Triple Threat System, Glowshift NOS Gauge, Innovate LC-2 Wideband AFR Gauge, GM Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Heritage Grill, Custom LFX Emblems, BAFX Bluetooth OBDII Interface, Torque Pro Logging, Big Worm Graphix Spears & Stripes,Niche M117 Misano Wheels, MGP Caliper Covers
sixt3denied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 05:21 PM   #1057
DeanH

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixt3denied View Post
Reinstalled. Been driving on SP6 and so far so good. No CELs. Beating the heck out of the gas pedal when i can, to put it through its paces and give me some confidence that its not gonna throw a CEL. Will post another update next week. Hoping all stays running smoothly.
Thanks for the update. I really want this thing to be reliable
Old 08-07-2015, 05:29 PM   #1058
DeanH

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrobano View Post
Mine is my DD as well and only had the cel-power loss three times in almost a year that I've had the VTC. Some people have a lot of problems, some little like me and some none at all. I also drag my car at the strip once every couple of months with no issues. The times I've had the cel-power loss has been at regular driving. You can always return it.
Thanks for the input. You have a sweet ride there. How do you like the Hotchkis Springs? I am also considering those even though the roads here are crap and dropping the car an inch might not be the best idea.

Last edited by DeanH; 08-07-2015 at 05:41 PM.
DeanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 06:08 PM   #1059
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minoclan View Post
Mine just crashed. Reduced power CEL. Tore it out, really
What setting when you got CEL? How long and how many miles b4 CEL?
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 09:57 PM   #1060
Minoclan

Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
What setting when you got CEL? How long and how many miles b4 CEL?
I used 6 and it was 4,000 miles.
Old 08-07-2015, 11:18 PM   #1061
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minoclan View Post
I used 6 and it was 4,000 miles.
With that many miles on it b4 you got your 1st CEL it would really be worthwhile knowing if you sent it back for a replacement (Vitesse seems pretty good about doing that) and installed a brand new replacement to see if you would get a CEL right away ...if you did then it would seem that because the VTC is boosting the volts to the Throttle Position Sensor (especially at a SP6 setting) that the VTC is causing the TPS to "burn out/fail" over time.
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 11:11 PM   #1062
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Quote:
Originally Posted by clashley1976 View Post
Ok. I have a vmax PTB on my wish list. Don't think I've seen any complaints about that one. I've got an LLT.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
I have the VMax tb and also just started having a issue with Vitesse controller. Please read the scenario below.
Before anyone gets upset I'm not bagging on the controller and will be calling Vitesse Monday. As I understand from everyone that has dealt with them I shouldn't have any issues.
I also did feel I didn't get it set correct when installing but the controller responded fine and the readout seemed correct. So I did not worry about it.

I installed the controller and drove my car only a couple of times with no issues.
Hadn't driven it in a few days. Went to drive it tonight and the service engine light was on. I called Onstar they ran a diagnostic and said it was a fuel management issue. Onstar didn't give me the codes though just recommended service within a few days of course. The car just seemed to be cutting in and out. It didn't matter if it was 20% throttle or WOT there was a power issue. There was none when it had always been before?
I unhooked the controller drove ten miles to town and shut it off for fuel. When I started the car again no more trouble codes. I drove about twenty miles(highway speeds and around town) came home no issues.
The controller is the only mod I have added lately. I do also have a Vmax ported tb and a few other bolt ons. Never had a code until the controller. I probably put 1000 miles on since the last mod(catch can) before the controller and no codes. This is the third time I have driven it with the controller a total of around 125 miles . Anyone else know anything about this?
Trying to figure the problem out as the car gets wrapped next week and tuned on the 18th. So while its still barely under warranty before the tune I would like to find a solution.
Any help or thoughts are appreciated as I would like to keep the controller since it's effective and tons of fun.
Old 08-09-2015, 08:34 AM   #1063
Minoclan

Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
With that many miles on it b4 you got your 1st CEL it would really be worthwhile knowing if you sent it back for a replacement (Vitesse seems pretty good about doing that) and installed a brand new replacement to see if you would get a CEL right away ...if you did then it would seem that because the VTC is boosting the volts to the Throttle Position Sensor (especially at a SP6 setting) that the VTC is causing the TPS to "burn out/fail" over time.
Ahmed offered to send me a new unit from the next batch that has new software and an upgraded PCB board. No questions asked other when I bought it (January 3, 2015)
Old 08-09-2015, 08:45 AM   #1064
Minoclan

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon670 View Post
Our Controller is becoming a very popular mod among the Camaro5 members.

We've sold more than one thousand unit in the last 12 months.

About 25 customers have had issues that were either fixed by recalibrating or replacing their unit. ( 2.5% of total sales ).

We're actually very proud of our build quality and our customer's satisfaction: How many mod out there for less than $180 makes this much of a difference.

A 30 day free trial with a 100% money back guarantee and a 12 month warranty if anything goes wrong, we'll exchange it with a brand new unit.
Ahmed, in general what did the software upgrade address, and what are the upgrades to the PCB board?