Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-18-2015, 02:42 PM   #1079
tamphuong

Drives: Convertible 1LT RS , SOLO cat back
Location: BMR sways, Toe arms, Bushing for street, KW v1 coil over, VTC, Oil catching can. Air filter, BT
Mine has problem as everyone . Throw out Reduce power code. It is happen randomly after reset error code : 3 months, 1 month, 3 week, 1 week , 1 hour. i will contact them to ask for replace update one.
tamphuong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 03:42 PM   #1080
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
With people having all these problems, I now know why I see a lot of people selling them.

Last edited by Chaotic73; 08-18-2015 at 04:13 PM.
Chaotic73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 03:50 PM   #1081
mr02Z/28

Drives: 2002 Z/28,1968 Chevelle convert.
I love chicken !!!!!!!!
mr02Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 08:27 AM   #1082
AKA-22

Drives: ELLE-1
cant you accomplish the same thing as the controller with a tune?
Old 08-19-2015, 11:52 AM   #1083
YellowL99

Drives: 2014 Yellow L99
i was a "test dummy" before he started releasing them to the public. Have had this over a year on sp9 98% of the time and have never had an issue with this. If anything my AFM delete throws off codes and gives me a headache. Sucks that i see people having issues considering ahmed is a great guy and always helped me out with any problems.
YellowL99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 02:37 PM   #1084
AKA-22

Drives: ELLE-1
just fix the problem...it is a great product just release version two with the problem solved....
Old 08-19-2015, 02:44 PM   #1085
Shawno72

Drives: 2015 Black 2LT RS M6
So is there any discount codes to use on their website to purchase one of the "new" "updated" ones?
Shawno72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 04:14 PM   #1086
pcrdude

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3 M6
I just installed my VTC. Getting under the dash was easier using an ottoman outside the car for back support.

So far, drivability is VASTLY improved. As a bonus, rev-matching on downshifts id much, much easier.

Hopefully, I won't have any of the problems that some others have had. My only other mod is an MGW shifter.

Old 10-22-2015, 04:20 PM   #1087
sixt3denied

Drives: 2012 1LT/RS BLACK w NOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixt3denied View Post
Received my replacement VTC today. Going to install it this weekend. I give Vitesse Motorsports A+ service for honoring their warranty and sending me a replacement unit so quickly. Hoping I don't get any CELs with the new unit. Will keep everyone posted.
Just a follow-up for all. I had one of the devices that starting relentlessly throwing CELs after about 5 months. Vitesse replaced my unit quickly. I've had the new one installed for over 2 months now, and have not had a single CEL. I keep it on SP6 most of the time. I turn it down to SP0 in the rain.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the replacement unit continues to perform without any issues. So far so good. Still the best mod for the money...
BBK CAI, Dynomax Ultra Flow Exhaust, Vitesse Throttle Controller, 3M Dark Tint, BMR Subframe Connectors, BMR Drive Shaft Tunnel Brace, Bosch Brakes, Ny-Trex Triple Threat System, Glowshift NOS Gauge, Innovate LC-2 Wideband AFR Gauge, GM Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Heritage Grill, Custom LFX Emblems, BAFX Bluetooth OBDII Interface, Torque Pro Logging, Big Worm Graphix Spears & Stripes,Niche M117 Misano Wheels, MGP Caliper Covers
sixt3denied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 06:34 PM   #1088
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcrdude View Post
I just installed my VTC. Getting under the dash was easier using an ottoman outside the car for back support.

So far, drivability is VASTLY improved. As a bonus, rev-matching on downshifts id much, much easier.

Hopefully, I won't have any of the problems that some others have had. My only other mod is an MGW shifter.

I have a LS3 M6 too. I've had the VTC for a yr now and no CELs I keep it on SP4 ...very nice I've tried SP5 but to EZ to spin tires ( I've got 3:91 gears) Higher settings are ridiculous

FWIW I've monitored virtually every thread on the VTC for the past yr and it seems that on some cars changing the setting on the fly will lead to CEL/REP condition, seems the unit behaves better when increased setting changes are done while still and kept at that setting for a few miles/drive cycles
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 09:35 PM   #1089
pcrdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
I have a LS3 M6 too. I've had the VTC for a yr now and no CELs I keep it on SP4 ...very nice I've tried SP5 but to EZ to spin tires ( I've got 3:91 gears) Higher settings are ridiculous

FWIW I've monitored virtually every thread on the VTC for the past yr and it seems that on some cars changing the setting on the fly will lead to CEL/REP condition, seems the unit behaves better when increased setting changes are done while still and kept at that setting for a few miles/drive cycles
Thanks for the post!!! I didn't know this thread was in the V6 section until after I posted. I have mine set to SP5, and am happy as can be.

Since this IS the V6 section, I commonly tell people how awesome then V6 is in these things. Plenty fast for the road, and track!!!

Old 10-22-2015, 09:46 PM   #1090
Rangore

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS 45th Anniversary Ed
Sounds enticing, but the issues I read keep me away.
Old 10-22-2015, 11:25 PM   #1091
pcrdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangore View Post
Sounds enticing, but the issues I read keep me away.
I was on your ship for a LONG time! I will update as time goes on, but on first drive, I have to say.....

The VTC is awesome!

Time will tell.... I'll keep posting with my experiences.

I wonder why this thread is in the V6 section... Seems to me, the VTC applies to all Camaro motors (or more properly, engines)....

?
Old 01-05-2016, 02:23 PM   #1092
sixt3denied

Drives: 2012 1LT/RS BLACK w NOS
Unfortunate follow up on my replacement Vitesse throttle controller. So i've had the new "replacement VTC" installed about 5 months. It has been set to SP4. This is lower than my first VTC which i had for around 6 months which was always set at SP6 before it stated throwing CELs after around 6-7 months. VTC quickly sent me a replacement unit.
So the new one has been working perfectly until yesterday. Set on SP4 since i installed it end of July/August. Yesterday i got a CEL / engine at reduced power and Code P2138 (P2138 throttle/pedal position sensor/switch D/E voltage correlation).

It appears the same issue may be happening again, the VTC works perfectly for 5-6 months and then starts throwing CELs more and more frequently until it becomes unusable. If i get another CEL i'm gonna remove the device all together. I'm hoping it was just a fluke but i'm expecting it isn't. I'm wondering if there is a component inside the VTC that starts to malfunction with age..

Will keep all posted...
BBK CAI, Dynomax Ultra Flow Exhaust, Vitesse Throttle Controller, 3M Dark Tint, BMR Subframe Connectors, BMR Drive Shaft Tunnel Brace, Bosch Brakes, Ny-Trex Triple Threat System, Glowshift NOS Gauge, Innovate LC-2 Wideband AFR Gauge, GM Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Heritage Grill, Custom LFX Emblems, BAFX Bluetooth OBDII Interface, Torque Pro Logging, Big Worm Graphix Spears & Stripes,Niche M117 Misano Wheels, MGP Caliper Covers
sixt3denied is offline   Reply With Quote