Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 04-04-2022, 11:17 PM   #1
edrawdon

Drives: 2011 Camro 2SS
2011-2015 water management system bag availability 4/2022

So my bag decided to finally give up in the seams and leak like mad. I’ve been looking online for a new water bag f/top rear drain. Whatever they want to call it and I’m struggling. Has anyone been able to find a source for a new one? Recently, especially. I know parts are constrained like crazy right now but I currently can’t get the car wet without the trunk getting wet too. I’ve called multiple dealers but they are so busy it’s hard to get a return call when just asking about a part. I couldn’t imagine them completely discontinuing a part so critical to a car as recent as 2015. Mine is 2011 but I know they are interchangeable. Thanks everyone
edrawdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 01:58 PM   #2
Whoomba

Drives: 2024Camaro 2SS CE Convertible
I was told it was out of production, the reason I decided to repair it.
Whoomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 09:08 PM   #3
edrawdon

Confirmed from GM out of production. How asinine of a decision to discontinue a part that literally keeps your vehicle from flooding. Guess some bean counter thought it was reasonable since “it can be patched”.
Old 04-06-2022, 08:31 AM   #4
Whoomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by edrawdon View Post
Confirmed from GM out of production. How asinine of a decision to discontinue a part that literally keeps your vehicle from flooding. Guess some bean counter thought it was reasonable since “it can be patched”.
I was told by a supplier mine is so old. The newest car that uses it is a 15. The seat leather is OOP. The carpet is OOP. The water bag is OOP. That is horse shite.

P. S. The patching process would cost almost wha that part would cost. Per SB, patch one side, cure 16 hours, patch the other side, cure 16 hours. The used to be a GM rep on here. I hoped he would chime in.
Old 04-06-2022, 08:37 AM   #5
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
For some reason 7 years is the amount of time that the automakers keep parts supplied. I don't remember if there is some requirement for that length of time or if that is just some rule of thumb to use but it seems like it holds true for GM.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 10:18 PM   #6
edrawdon

I feel like there could be a case made for this part that would require them to make the part since it is such a bad design and breaks easily. Planned obsolescence at its finest. I’m not scrapping my 20k mile SS to buy a new car. Just filling full of patches at this point. I know they are discontinued nuts impressive to not be able to track down one at all even in a parts warehouse
Old 04-06-2022, 10:30 PM   #7
edrawdon

I feel like there could be a case made for this part that would require them to make the part since it is such a bad design and breaks easily. Planned obsolescence at its finest. I’m not scrapping my 20k mile SS to buy a new car. Just filling full of patches at this point. I know they are discontinued nuts impressive to not be able to track down one at all even in a parts warehouse
Old 04-07-2022, 06:18 PM   #8
Whoomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by edrawdon View Post
Planned obsolescence means a part you can spend your money on.
Old 04-07-2022, 06:56 PM   #9
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Planned obsolescence means replacing something because it no longer works or can’t get parts for it.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 08:53 AM   #10
edrawdon

Regardless, just waiting for someone to post a location of a secrets stash of of water bags lol. These things straight disappeared fast.
Old 04-08-2022, 09:21 AM   #11
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Anyone have a part# for it?
Is it: 23124571

Are early models different than later? By looking at parts diagram they all look the same if the # I have is correct.

Thanks
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 10:16 AM   #12
edrawdon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM GhostrdrZ View Post
Anyone have a part# for it?
Is it: 23124571

Are early models different than later? By looking at parts diagram they all look the same if the # I have is correct.

Thanks
Yes. That’s the most recent part but it doesn’t exists anymore it seems.
Old 04-08-2022, 10:47 AM   #13
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Another gen5 part discontinued. I called a parts guy that’s been able to scrounge up some rare parts. No luck for this one. New or old part #’s. The last price was $1300 if it were available. Guess we wait for someone to reman it or a fix. Mine doesn’t have a leak yet and won’t as long as I stay out of the rain.
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 01:37 PM   #14
edrawdon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM GhostrdrZ View Post
Another gen5 part discontinued. I called a parts guy that’s been able to scrounge up some rare parts. No luck for this one. New or old part #’s. The last price was $1300 if it were available. Guess we wait for someone to reman it or a fix. Mine doesn’t have a leak yet and won’t as long as I stay out of the rain.
Would be a good part for a 3rd party to make. Plenty of us very owners out there in the world