Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-09-2024, 06:06 AM   #1
rdavis

Drives: 2012 SS
radio not turning off

Started yesterday, turn key off, remove key, open door & the radio stays on. It will however shut off after the 10 minute accessory timer turns off. Any ideas? Thinking of unhooking the battery for a few minutes maybe it will reset itself??
Thanks in advance.
Old 03-09-2024, 07:21 AM   #2
chevy pilot

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6
Oem radio ?
chevy pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 07:48 AM   #3
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Oem stays on for about 5 mins after shut down or you open the door
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 09:47 AM   #4
rdavis

yes it is the oem radio. after some investigation, I believe it to be the open, close switch in door seeing as the dome light doesnt come on when the door is opened. Comes on when pass door is opened. Next question is where is this switch?
Old 03-09-2024, 10:36 AM   #5
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdavis View Post
Next question is where is this switch?
Next to the hinge.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 04:49 PM   #6
rdavis

Update: Thanks for the input. Found a thread that explained it. It is the latch assembly. There is a sensor in the latch assembly that senses if the latch is in the open position or closed position. fortunately I have a spare out of an old door. Thanks again.
Old 03-11-2024, 08:27 AM   #7
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Mine has done all sorts of weird things over the years. No volume control, stuck on one volume. Wont turn on, wont turn off. Always seems to reboot when you restarted the car, or corrects itself in a minute or less. I always rail against the computer world we live in that requires everything to be REBOOTED to work properly.

Imagine you went to turn on your kitchen faucet and it needed to be rebooted before water came out. You wouldn't put up with that. Unless you had to, of course.