Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 04-09-2013, 11:41 AM   #1
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
"NASCAR" driving experience

Has anyone here ever paid to participate in one of the type of events show below? They're having a good deal on one at the track about 40 miles south of where I live several time this summer. Is it worth it? How fast are you allowed to go, etc?

$199 -- Race a Stock Car at the Kentucky Speedway, Save $200

5 / 5

Comments(2)
Email

$399 Value
50% Discount
$200 Savings

Travelzoo Local Deal $199
Time left to buy:
10 Days, 12 Hours, 23 Minutes
Buy now Buy for a friend! Choose your deal

$199 -- Race a Stock Car at the Kentucky Speedway, Save $200
Value: $399 Discount: 50% Savings: $200

$199 Buy now

$64 -- Real Stock Car Ride-Along Race Experience, Half Off
Value: $129 Discount: 50% Savings: $65

$64 Buy now

17 Bought
Highlights
  • For $199 (reg. $399), drive a real race car in an 8-lap race at the Kentucky Speedway
  • This "Qualifier" package from Rusty Wallace Racing Experience lasts 2 hours
  • It includes a track orientation followed by a race on the speedway track
  • Or for $64, get the 1-hour "Shotgun Ride-Along" package, which includes a 3-lap qualifying run with a professional at the wheel
The Fine Print

Current available race and ride-along dates are May 26-27, Aug. 2-4 and 17-18, Sept. 7-8 and Oct. 5-6. If more race dates are added, you can select any race date on the schedule, but it must be reserved 24 hours in advance. Reservations are required and can be made here. Reservations are subject to availability, weather and track conditions. Must be 18 years or older with valid driver's license to drive; must be 14 or older to ride along. Drivers must be between 5 feet and 6 feet, 7 inches tall, and between 100-300 pounds. See below for full terms and conditions.

The Deal

Travelzoo subscribers can get behind the wheel of a professional stock car with this deal from Rusty Wallace Racing Experience. For $199, accelerate down straightaways and take turns in a real race car like the one driven by Wallace, a racing legend and recent Hall of Fame inductee. This 2-hour "Qualifier" package at the Kentucky Speedway saves $200 on the regular price.

The deal provides Travelzoo subscribers with an authentic racing experience, from the custom Oakley driver's suit to passing competitors on the track. You'll begin with a classroom orientation with a professional instructor, then hop in the driver's seat for an 8-lap race on the speedway. Get a feel for the vehicle while following the pace car for a couple warm-up laps before zooming around the track.
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:13 PM   #2
molsonbrador

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2018 Colorado
There's a gig at Pocono like this. You can also "drive your own" after you take their course and drive their car. I'm doing it in June. Someone here named "robertway" did it a couple years ago and had a blast, 150mph in his car. His thread was something like...shake and bake...IIRC. It'll take me forever to find.
molsonbrador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:29 PM   #3
GC-Camaro

Drives: 2014 Impala
How do you get that deal?

GC-Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:59 PM   #4
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
I have done it 2 times before at Texas Motor Speedway. It was a blast and well worth it. They limited the speed to 150mph but if you go for the deluxe package and go through several days of training, you could go faster.

I say go for it !!
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #5
Cincy10SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonbrador View Post
There's a gig at Pocono like this. You can also "drive your own" after you take their course and drive their car. I'm doing it in June. Someone here named "robertway" did it a couple years ago and had a blast, 150mph in his car. His thread was something like...shake and bake...IIRC. It'll take me forever to find.
Thanks. I found that thread from two years ago. I does look pretty awesome. I just might do it.
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #6
Cincy10SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC-Camaro View Post
How do you get that deal?
Here:
http://www.travelzoo.com/local-deals...tml_cincinnati
Old 04-09-2013, 03:44 PM   #7
Jayrcr3

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS
I paid $100 for 3 laps in a stock car at Lowes Speedway. A professional drove the car, and it was awesome. They said we were going about 175 getting into the corners. Thats about 30mph less than the NASCAR boys, but it was fun nonetheless.

I have a few friends that have been to the multi day sessions. I haven't heard one of them say it was boring. Lol

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
American Racing 1 7/8" Headers and Hi-Flow Cats, CAI cold air intake, Flowmaster AT exhaust, Vengeance Racing Stage 2 cam, VMax ported throttle body, TEA valve springs and titanium retainers, Trick Flow hardened pushrods, 180* T-stat, Comp Trunion kit, ZL1 Fuel Pump, ADM Fuel Pump Control Module, 20% window tint, Whipple Supercharger. Tuned by Mike Norris Motorsports. 656rwhp/584rwtq @10 PSI.
Jayrcr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:38 PM   #8
JOHNSONROD

Drives: 62 Chevy & 2021 1SS/1LE manual
i think this is less than 300 bucks. GM engineers on site. professional instruction in your car by race car drivers. classroom instruction with question and answer. multiple sessions all day long for about two hours of on track time. you can usually get a ride along in a race car for free if you just be cool and ask.
a V8 manual is perfectly suited for this event. im not saying the oval wouldnt be fun but i know people who have done both and they say the oval experience was fast food compared to the road experience 5 star dining. they go to VIR in june.

http://www.corvettemuseum.org/regist...hio/info.shtml
JOHNSONROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:37 PM   #9
se7en

Drives: 10 Procharged SS
I just signed up for the one in Indy on April 21st. Cant wait!!
se7en is offline   Reply With Quote