Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 06-19-2012, 06:19 PM   #29
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klawrencepdx View Post
This is classic
congrats on the install.........the key to doing anything right is to start with the right tools. Happy to hear that you worked through it!

adm scoop w/ ww relocate and CAI intake is a great mod.
Cheers
Haha yea I def gotta start buying some tools lol and not rely on whatever I can find in my dad's garage or what my gf's dad has.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:48 PM   #30
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
Well finished the install. All i gotta say is oy vey. It took 3 hours for me to finish. I hope i put my tire back on straight lol. I do notice the car seems to respond more. Thanks for all the advice everyone. If you would like to see some pictures you are more then welcome to look at them on my build thread.
I just found this thread but I am glad to see that you got everything figured out. Thanks for your business.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:52 PM   #31
BLKRS2011
1LT RS 2011 BLACK

Drives: 2011 1LT RS
Finally got the chance to install mine. I'm glad I waited till I had a day off because it took me awhile. This was the most challenging but definately the most rewarding mod so far. The addition of the scoop to the CAI is a must for a complete cold air intake system.

Here is my DIY album:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10854
Old 06-26-2012, 11:32 AM   #32
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
BLKRS2011, so i'm running w/o the scoop right now and it looks like you were as well. Can you comment on the improvement? Can you really notice it? I need someone to push me over the edge on the scoop purchase, haha.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:37 AM   #33
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
BLKRS2011, so i'm running w/o the scoop right now and it looks like you were as well. Can you comment on the improvement? Can you really notice it? I need someone to push me over the edge on the scoop purchase, haha.
When can cool fresh air hurt anything? I think for the money it is a must do mod if you have any type of CAI.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:10 PM   #34
BLKRS2011
1LT RS 2011 BLACK

Drives: 2011 1LT RS
The car just feels more responsive and accelerates faster. We're not talking supercharger gains or even headers but its a definate improvement now that the engine is breathing more air. The exhaust sounds deeper also.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:38 PM   #35
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
Just take it over to a fellow UpstateC5 member's house. There are plenty of us who can help you out. I did that mod earlier this year.
There ya go, kj. Cortland isjust down the road from the 'Cuse.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:41 PM   #36
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKRS2011 View Post
The car just feels more responsive and accelerates faster. We're not talking supercharger gains or even headers but its a definate improvement now that the engine is breathing more air. The exhaust sounds deeper also.
snizzle, as BLKRS2011 said it is definitely noticeable. Here is another quote from a Camaro5 member that added our package after already having the CAI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg_98ta View Post
I installed the Cold Air Inductions CAI two weeks ago. I did not notice any performance difference over the following week. The following weekend I installed the (APEX) scoop and washer relocation kit. The difference was amazing, especially at around 3000 rpms and up. Car pulls much harder now, and sounds different too...

So I definitely recommend it!
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote