Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-02-2015, 09:29 AM   #43
KeyWil

Drives: 2011 Blk 1LS A6
Mannnn you so lucky Florida don't have the laws that California has. We can't plasti-dip whole cars out here in spray booths because they don't allow plasti dip in anything other than spray cans. They outlawed it by the gallons . Otherwise I would buy a couple gallons and the tints I want and have an auto paint shop do it for me.
KeyWil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:36 AM   #44
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyWil View Post
Mannnn you so lucky Florida don't have the laws that California has. We can't plasti-dip whole cars out here in spray booths because they don't allow plasti dip in anything other than spray cans. They outlawed it by the gallons . Otherwise I would buy a couple gallons and the tints I want and have an auto paint shop do it for me.
Yeah i feel bad for you guys. I promise that if I ever hear Cali lifts that ban on gallons of PD that I am moving there immediately. I can only imagine cleaning up on dipping cars there. I've seen cars here in FL get shipped in from Cali to get dipped and sent back believe it or not.
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
ytown87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:43 AM   #45
KeyWil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytown87 View Post
Yeah i feel bad for you guys. I promise that if I ever hear Cali lifts that ban on gallons of PD that I am moving there immediately. I can only imagine cleaning up on dipping cars there. I've seen cars here in FL get shipped in from Cali to get dipped and sent back believe it or not.
Yes, you would make a KILLING out here with Plasti Dip. From all the exotics to the beaters. It's a easy way to change up things, inexpensive in comparison to auto body painting and the great color options. Damn you Cali!!!
Old 04-02-2015, 09:51 AM   #46
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
There is nothing.....I mean nothing that gets by the Camaro 5 crowd.
This will be a good time for a video, I know you got one!
Old 04-02-2015, 09:52 AM   #47
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
nice, minus the flat and gloss black mix.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:53 AM   #48
Hetfield03

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black/IOM
Quote:
HAHA the dent is almost like a part of me now...like a reminder that the car does have some flaws but adds character. SIKE...Im going to try and get a dent doctor or someone to fix it. But yeah you are so right. I love this forum....could post a video of my car literally flying in the sky alongside a plane and someone would be like "yo your fog light is out"

About like getting your car repainted quickly in grand theft auto. Wait. Do I wanna rob a bank...
Anyways.. Great way to dress your car up.
ZL1 Factory Reproduction Wheels, Airaid CAI, MRT V 2.0 Axle Back Installed by PIE Customs, Painted IOM Rally Stripes, Bowties by Danny Taylor Louisville KY, IOM Engine Cover and Fusebox Cover by River City Creations and Lighting San Antonio TX.
Hetfield03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 10:02 AM   #49
Team STILLEN

Drives: Varies
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyWil View Post
On the retail side, you can't buy it in gallons but they do have Authorized shops that can do your whole car...

https://www.dipyourcar.com/California.html

JT
Team STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 11:17 AM   #50
EFI

Drives: something faster than you
So you can do custom colors now with plastidip? Or is this just the base blue with the pearl effect added on?
EFI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 11:19 AM   #51
Gavros 4 Life

Drives: 2SS/RS Summit White Black Stripes
All honesty looks pretty damn good to me! Nice work

(ECS) Novi 1500, Kooks LTH, Kooks High Flow cats, Ported TB, Barton Pistol Grip Shifter, QTP Cutouts, Borland Atak Catback, Llyods Matts, Complete Car Blackout w/ LS7 blackout, 35% Tints, ACS T5 splitter, ZTA Spoiler, White Powdercoated Calipers, 2 12" Kicker Subs & Amp, 20" TSW Valencias Satin Black on Vredestein Rubber, LED Footwells, LED Grill Strip, Custom Paddle Shifters, Dual Aerforce Gauges w/ Boost & Wideband, Heritage Grill, Pfadt Sway Bars, Pfadt Bushings, Granatelli Trailing Arms
Gavros 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 11:23 AM   #52
KeyWil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team STILLEN View Post
On the retail side, you can't buy it in gallons but they do have Authorized shops that can do your whole car...

https://www.dipyourcar.com/California.html

JT
Thank you sir!
Old 04-02-2015, 11:35 AM   #53
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
I honestly liked the orange better but the quality looks good..

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 12:23 PM   #54
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFI View Post
So you can do custom colors now with plastidip? Or is this just the base blue with the pearl effect added on?
You could always do custom colors if you wanted. DYC sells dye to mix in normal gallons and do what you want with. You also can mix different pearls together or play with different base colors under the pearl. Could even mix pearls directly into different color gallons and make something up that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
I honestly liked the orange better but the quality looks good..
I shared the same exact thoughts when I got done with it...but again orange is my favorite color. This new one has grown though and the quality compared to the last one is better. The orange was one of my very first dips
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
ytown87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 12:28 PM   #55
Cam_Cam

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS
There's a place by me called Dr. Tinto that does a ton of different custom Plastidip colors at customers requests. You can do pretty much anything

Cam_Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:06 PM   #56
EFI

Drives: something faster than you
Quote:
You could always do custom colors if you wanted. DYC sells dye to mix in normal gallons and do what you want with. You also can mix different pearls together or play with different base colors under the pearl. Could even mix pearls directly into different color gallons and make something up that way.
So theoretically you can take a paintcode off a car and mix a dip just like you would regular auto paint? I've always been interested in doing something like this, but never got fully into it since I didn't like the options for colors. But if I can go to a vendor/supplier with a paintcode and they'll be able to mix me that exact dip that would be awesome.
EFI is offline   Reply With Quote