Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-02-2015, 02:27 PM   #43
stunnd

Drives: 2014 Silver Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Looks like all of Chevy's cars except the Corvette had big drops last month. I wonder what happened.
That poor SS. What a debacle.
stunnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 02:37 PM   #44
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I don't think winter is a unique problem for the Camaro. I bet it affects Mustangs & Challengers in pretty much the exact same way. Unless somehow those cars aren't sold in cold weather states.

Now, trying to use those three months to predict the entire year then yes, it would be a problem. But I don't see anyone projecting Camaro sales based solely on January, February, and March sales. In fact, I don't see any specific pedictions be made at all. Only general ones, and even those are based on the new generation coming not on winter.
Yeah weather should affect them all the same.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:39 PM   #45
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 03 Envoy, 15 Charger, 20 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunnd View Post
That poor SS. What a debacle.
Not really, selling according to GM's expectations.

2003 GMC Envoy SLE
2015 Dodge Charger Pursuit (State-issued)
2020 Chevrolet Colorado W/T Extended Cab (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 02:45 PM   #46
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne watson View Post
i love how this thread flares people up every month, however sales up, down, whatever. i'm just glad that every 4th car on the road is not the same as mine
But if they don't sell 6,000 or more units /month I lose 4vhp (virtual horsepower).
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 02:58 PM   #47
KeyWil

Drives: 2011 Blk 1LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunnd View Post
Agreed, I can't believe the "euro" styled Mustang spiked in March like that. I'm not a fan and am just bored of seeing them at car shows.
+OVER 9000!!!
KeyWil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 04:17 PM   #48
jackka

Drives: 2011 Black/Black 2LT/RS M6 w/Sroof
The new Mustang does look cool.

The current Camaro has been around for a while, and personally, I feel that the Camaro's restyling took away instead of adding attractiveness.

Remember when the 5th gen first came out with its totally badass design and dominated sales for years?

It's good to see that there is a healthy competition and that Ford can pull it off too.

Live by the sword, die by the sword. The performance of these cars aren't very drastically apart. The design on the other hand...

Kudos to Chrysler as well, Challenger looked real good in the movie Nightcrawler.

I feel somewhat guilty in thinking that the regular Camaros(not ZL1 or Z28) have lost its appeal and I would actually prefer the new Mustang.
jackka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 04:35 PM   #49
KeyWil

Drives: 2011 Blk 1LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackka View Post
The new Mustang does look cool.

The current Camaro has been around for a while, and personally, I feel that the Camaro's restyling took away instead of adding attractiveness.

Remember when the 5th gen first came out with its totally badass design and dominated sales for years?

It's good to see that there is a healthy competition and that Ford can pull it off too.

Live by the sword, die by the sword. The performance of these cars aren't very drastically apart. The design on the other hand...

Kudos to Chrysler as well, Challenger looked real good in the movie Nightcrawler.

I feel somewhat guilty in thinking that the regular Camaros(not ZL1 or Z28) have lost its appeal and I would actually prefer the new Mustang.

I get what you're saying. I see the new Mustangs everyday and it doesn't excite me nor wow me. I have often confused them with the Fusion from the front. They have no cajones! Maybe when the GT350 hit the road then it may turn my head.
KeyWil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:41 PM   #50
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Runner View Post
The refreshed 15 Challenger sold 154 more cars than the outgoing Camaro. It barely outsold an outgoing model with their refreshed model. I would be concerned if I were Dodge if this trend continues. When the G6 Camaro hits, I think we'll see similar numbers like the Mustang is showing but the Challenger will be the same or less.
I don't think that Dodge at this point actually sees the Challenger as a direct competitor to either the Mustang or the Camaro.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:44 PM   #51
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Mustang numbers makes me happy.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:47 PM   #52
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Looks like the Mustang who some people on here hate so much was the right car for this market and this time as they moved over 12,000 units last month.

Also much of Chevys car line up is pretty old, at the end of this year we will have a new Malibu, a new Camaro, a new Spark, a new Sonic, and a new Cruze.

The current Malibu isn't that old, however was just never well recieved and the new Impala isn't selling 70% fleet like the old one was. Not to say that everything is perfect with their line up however they have old cars which will be replaced in the coming months.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:53 PM   #53
RobWH

Drives: Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post

Wow...Challenger outsold Camaro for the month....
1st time in history, I would think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
not looking good for the refresh camaro.
It changed so little, I doubt there was any positive sales impact in the 1st place. I kinda don't think they intended for one, but hoped to hold sales as the 6th gen was readied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
can't believe it sold less than the challenger
It is rather shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb66 View Post
I still think the looks of the 5th Gens will be hard to surpass, from what I have seen in the spy photos I'll keep mine.
Sour? You're a true fan. Most people aren't. Don't get me wrong. I think it's a beautiful car. Fact is though, most people simply aren't very attracted to this kind of car in a "I'm going to buy one" sense.

Quote:
Hopefully GM doesn't turn them into something like Ford accomplished in turning the Mustang into the Mazda muscle mobile. I guess if you are a Ford fan you don't notice.
I'm positive you're in the very small minority there... after all, Mustang just sold nearly 13,000 units for the month. I'm not terribly enthralled w/ it and like the last version better insofar as looks. Still, it clearly appeals to many.

Quote:
As far as a Challenger not impressed by anything Dodge ever made.
I'm not much of a Dodge fan, but the Challenger, I think is the best looking of the 3 and it's not even a remotely close contest. I also think most people in "our world" feel the same. Rarely does anyone say anything negative about the looks of the Challenger. I don't want one much, but it isn't about looks for me. It's practicality vs price
RobWH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:43 PM   #54
RobWH

Drives: Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post
Mustang sales through the roof! Hertz, Thrifty, Dollar, Budget lots are plum full!!
Something tells me it's not about all those rental companies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
Global....europe/china/russia.
We know that's not the case... Mustangs aren't sold in Russia!
I'm pretty sure European and Chinese sales aren't included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
You're correct, but if your only purpose on this site is to defend Mustang at all costs in these sales threads, you really need to GTFO.
Doesn't look like pointing out the truth w/o arguing in the least ... is defending, let alone at all costs. Maybe I missed something, but you're just unnecessarily rude. Not liking the Mustang may be normal on this site, but does hatred toward other people have to be included. i think not, how about you?
RobWH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 08:06 PM   #55
roorback

Drives: V8 permagrin
the rose is off the bloom on the refresh
roorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 08:11 PM   #56
spratleyea
Graphic artist

Drives: 2010 wht w/silver ralley stripes
March 2015 Camaro Sales Figures (and vs. Mustang & Challenger)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enator View Post
March 2015 Delivery (sales) Stats:

Camaro March 2015 Deliveries (actual sales): 5,956 -31% (Pr Ye)

Compared to Competition:

Mustang March 2015 Delivery (sales):12,663 36% (Pr Ye)
Challenger March 2015 Delivery (sales): 6,110 25% (Pr Ye)
Like I said in an earlier thread, Mustang has taken this fight to a new level, they are not fooling around this time. The 2016 Camaro have to really be awesome.
spratleyea is offline   Reply With Quote