Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 06-28-2017, 01:41 PM   #1793
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Found a nice area to port that should really open up the flow for NA runs. Been debating on going down to a 3.12 pulley, that would be the equivalent of 2.66 on the old setup.
Old 06-29-2017, 10:14 PM   #1794
MagnumForceGB

Got the intake manifold and adapter ported, I removed a lot of material. This weekend I will be porting the intake ports on the cylinder head. Won't be as much like the adapter was, it isn't as restrictive.
Old 07-05-2017, 02:51 AM   #1795
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
Keep up the great work man! You gunna be at fest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rotofab Cold Air Intake//Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller//MRT V1 Exhaust//Apex Catch Can//Z28 Rear Spoiler//OEM '14 SS Hood Vent Set Up//APR Carbon Splitter//Hooker Blackheart Race Downpipes//Magnaflow Resonated X pipe//1LE diffuser//Flowmaster 4inch Quad tips// Corbeau Forza Sport race seats//MRR 228 wheels 20x10 square set up//Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar G2 285-35-20//BC Racing Coilovers//ASC Wickerbill// BCS Intake Manifold Spacer//CTSV Brembo Upgrade// R1 Slotted Rotors// Follow me! @driven_enthusiasts
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 03:08 PM   #1796
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by crc91 View Post

Nope, been working on this software project for nearly a decade and we are getting close to releasing it. Has to be so perfect that 5 million inputs should result in zero errors, more stringent than military weapon systems that I used to work on that could have a 0.1% error rate.

Would love to go though just to shut up one "company" since they claimed they could win a heads-up race but they are over 1 second slower in better DA than I run.
Old 07-06-2017, 02:25 PM   #1797
crc91

Quote:
Originally Posted by crc91 View Post

Damn those are some strict standards for sure! Hmm idk a company was trying to race you!

Rotofab Cold Air Intake//Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller//MRT V1 Exhaust//Apex Catch Can//Z28 Rear Spoiler//OEM '14 SS Hood Vent Set Up//APR Carbon Splitter//Hooker Blackheart Race Downpipes//Magnaflow Resonated X pipe//1LE diffuser//Flowmaster 4inch Quad tips// Corbeau Forza Sport race seats//MRR 228 wheels 20x10 square set up//Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar G2 285-35-20//BC Racing Coilovers//ASC Wickerbill// BCS Intake Manifold Spacer//CTSV Brembo Upgrade// R1 Slotted Rotors// Follow me! @driven_enthusiasts
Old 07-21-2017, 09:31 PM   #1798
MagnumForceGB

Think I just had my 'eureka' moment for this year, next week will tell when I start to do acceleration tests. This one will involve launching the car, so I'm going to use manual mode and launch in 3rd gear, it should hold on street tires in this weather.
Old 07-22-2017, 02:06 AM   #1799
crc91

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
Think I just had my 'eureka' moment for this year, next week will tell when I start to do acceleration tests. This one will involve launching the car, so I'm going to use manual mode and launch in 3rd gear, it should hold on street tires in this weather.

Always excited to see your progress man! Keep us posted!

Old 07-23-2017, 08:46 PM   #1800
MagnumForceGB

Pleated vs Foam, I had the pleated on during my last drag race, but I had tger foam earlier this year. Seemed like the foam was easier on the supercharger. Will be another thing I'm testing
Attached Images

Old 07-24-2017, 07:50 AM   #1801
tlavoie87
Built Not Bought

Drives: 2010 Twin Turbo LFX
how about a bigger filter in general ? im using a 9" instead of the 6"

"Built Not Bought!'

Sponsors:
OverKill Motorsports
tlavoie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:34 PM   #1802
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlavoie87 View Post
how about a bigger filter in general ? im using a 9" instead of the 6"
I keep seeing conflicting info about supercharger air filters. Some say wide and short are better since there is a lot more suction than a NA vehicle can do. Right now my boost is only 15.5, but is is 20 degrees hotter now too.

Having issues with starting the engine when warm, so I'm probably going to have to work on the cranking spark table. The heavier springs are harder to turn and the spark is more advanced with hotter coolant temps.
Old 07-24-2017, 01:23 PM   #1803
Marklar

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS V6
Quote:
This one will involve launching the car, so I'm going to use manual mode and launch in 3rd gear, it should hold on street tires in this weather.
Pardon my ignorance, I'm rather new to reading about these engines, but would this not be impossible? I remember reading that the transmission is not a true dual clutch in that the "manual" mode does not truly turn the car into an electronic manual but rather limits the upper gear of what the transmission can shift to. So like if you're in the first gear setting leaving from a red light, you can drive until the RPM is at the limit and the transmission will never shift (barring electronic safety feature intervention), but if you're in third gear it will shift until third gear, and then stop shifting past that, letting you push the RPM to the limit. This has been my experience with my car (2012 LS).

Is there a different setting in the transmissions that I am not aware of? Does the transmission interact differently with the LLT than it does with the LFX?
Marklar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 05:04 PM   #1804
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marklar View Post
Pardon my ignorance, I'm rather new to reading about these engines, but would this not be impossible? I remember reading that the transmission is not a true dual clutch in that the "manual" mode does not truly turn the car into an electronic manual but rather limits the upper gear of what the transmission can shift to. So like if you're in the first gear setting leaving from a red light, you can drive until the RPM is at the limit and the transmission will never shift (barring electronic safety feature intervention), but if you're in third gear it will shift until third gear, and then stop shifting past that, letting you push the RPM to the limit. This has been my experience with my car (2012 LS).

Is there a different setting in the transmissions that I am not aware of? Does the transmission interact differently with the LLT than it does with the LFX?
I have an LT and the auto transmissions are setup a little differently. I can select a gear and it will shift into that gear as long as it doesn't over rev the engine or lug it. There is a table that you can set the speed to where the max speed it can downshift at, on mine I can not command 1st gear above 25 MPH. Stock trans tune will also let the gear hold even if it is bouncing off the rev limiter, I have mine setup to auto shift at redline since bouncing off the rev limiter is a good way to break the oil pump gears.

Right now I can only shift into 2nd at a stop, right now I'm finding the table that can at least unlock 3rd. If I had the stock stall converter it wouldn't work, but I have a very loose one. If I floor it in 2nd gear it just spins the tires, 3rd gear should limit that and let me see how much the converter slips.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:22 PM   #1805
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
I keep seeing conflicting info about supercharger air filters. Some say wide and short are better since there is a lot more suction than a NA vehicle can do. Right now my boost is only 15.5, but is is 20 degrees hotter now too.

Having issues with starting the engine when warm, so I'm probably going to have to work on the cranking spark table. The heavier springs are harder to turn and the spark is more advanced with hotter coolant temps.
Even though I dont have cams/ springs...I am having to adjust the CR spark too. Warm up is choppy but otherwise fine after that.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:04 PM   #1806
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
Even though I dont have cams/ springs...I am having to adjust the CR spark too. Warm up is choppy but otherwise fine after that.
Is it after the fuel trims activate that it's fine? Might just be running too lean/rich till it enters closed loop.

I'm not going to make changes yet, going to record it on my phone and use it as a reference. Before the springs it started up fast, now it takes a few seconds. After I get the baseline start with stock timing, I will remove timing to see if it changes.