Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 11:44 AM   #113
Nezacant

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT-Maro View Post
Alright everybody I just got a call from my dealer!!!

What he told me came from a GM employee who called the plant in Oshawa

and he said the only problem is with the short throw shifter!!!

Nothing is wrong with the regular Manual shifter!!!

So I hope Mods read this!!

He wasnt lying it came straight from the plant!!!!!

So there is no problem with the M6!!

The only constraint there is, is on the Short Throw Shifter!!
Old 07-14-2009, 11:45 AM   #114
RJT-Maro
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Supercharged RJT SS!
Send a message via AIM to RJT-Maro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Did he call it a constraint? If so...you two might have been talking about different things.:(

What Team Camaro is investigating right now is a Quality issue, not the short-throw shifter...we'll know more in detail soon.

Well all I know is there Is nothing wrong with the regular M6 in the SS a GM tech at my dealer called the plant himself and they said nothing was wrong with it!!
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger, ARH 1 7/8 LT Headers with 3" X-Pipe, Borla S-Type Axle-Back, DMH Low Profile Exhaust Cut-Outs, MTI Racing CAI, Stage 2 Camshaft(227/239 .614/.624) with new springs, Katech C5R Z Timing Chain, LS7 Bowtie Damper, MTI Hot Spark Plug Wires, MTI Racing Lowering Springs and Swaybars, Aluminum Oil Catch Can, 160 Degree Thermostat, MTI Tune. 554RWHP 528RWTQ Built By: MTI Racing Dyno Sheet here
Old 07-14-2009, 11:45 AM   #115
logan1080

Drives: 2003 Crew Cab Duramax
I wonder if the guy who had Stainless works install his exhaust system and then took his car for a nice "test drive" and drove the living hell out of it is having issues with his? haha
Old 07-14-2009, 11:45 AM   #116
LDGn63

Drives: WNABEE
i'm just happy they are putting it under the microscope!
i've got an M6... if they recall it, i'll take it in... the more miles i can get on it before then (if then) the better! ;-)
that means that the mirror is 38.75% the size of the vertical windshield...
it sure seems like the ratio could be better... just sayin....

our collective MIRROR patch:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24612
Old 07-14-2009, 11:46 AM   #117
RJT-Maro
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezacant View Post

My dealer didnt tell me this a GM tech told me and he called the plant himself and they said nothing is wrong with it!!
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger, ARH 1 7/8 LT Headers with 3" X-Pipe, Borla S-Type Axle-Back, DMH Low Profile Exhaust Cut-Outs, MTI Racing CAI, Stage 2 Camshaft(227/239 .614/.624) with new springs, Katech C5R Z Timing Chain, LS7 Bowtie Damper, MTI Hot Spark Plug Wires, MTI Racing Lowering Springs and Swaybars, Aluminum Oil Catch Can, 160 Degree Thermostat, MTI Tune. 554RWHP 528RWTQ Built By: MTI Racing Dyno Sheet here
Old 07-14-2009, 11:46 AM   #118
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan1080 View Post
I wonder if the guy who had Stainless works install his exhaust system and then took his car for a nice "test drive" and drove the living hell out of it is having issues with his? haha
Tag, your tranny is fine.....
Old 07-14-2009, 11:47 AM   #119
Halo2

Drives: 04 Mercury Marauder
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
That is certainly your perogative -- but if I were you, I'd wait. I don't think this 'hold' will be long - -- perhaps a day or two? I DON'T know this and won't until tomorrow -- but when we DO find out, you'll read about it here.
Thanks but this latest delay is just the final straw. I want a car in my garage as opposed to somewhere stuck in the process. My new Vette is being delivered on Friday.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:47 AM   #120
Lord Grey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
Folks,

Very quickly, having just reviewed this thread quickly, I feel it allows me to see the issue pretty clearly, without getting into debating/responding to alot of the posts here.

*GM/Chevrolet should be commended for addressing the issue immediately, and NOT choosing to ingore it, therefore allowing them to identify and correct this issue asap.*

*Bashing GM/Chevrolet serves NO purpose. EVERY manufacturer has issue's. It's how they're handled which makes the difference. IMO, GM/Chevrolet is going above and beyond to rectify the problem.*

While I understand and appreciate everyone's opinions/thoughts/passion when it comes to Camaro, let's be open minded and look at the BIG picture - GM/Chevrolet has given "us" an awesome car. Let's appreciate that while realizing we're all human.

GM/Chevrolet has shown "us" the respect by bringing this "to light". Let's show the same respect by understanding.

Ed
Good summary.

All manufacturers have problems at one time or another, and new products typically have more problems than older ones. In most cases, how the manufacturer handles those problems is much more important than the problems themselves. An honest evaluation of the problem and the solution, then following through on the solution -- not ignoring it, in other words -- is the right way to go.

GM is still evaluating the problem (I think). So far they still seem to be on the right track, and I'm satisfied the problem will be addressed. My car is in QC and is likely one of the Problem Children. I just ask that she be treated gently.

Scott, the mods here, participating GM employees, and the other helpful members of camaro5 deserve a round of applause for helping the rest of us.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:49 AM   #121
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Alright everybody I just got a call from my dealer!!!

What he told me came from a GM employee who called the plant in Oshawa

and he said the only problem is with the short throw shifter!!!

Nothing is wrong with the regular Manual shifter!!!

So I hope Mods read this!!

He wasnt lying it came straight from the plant!!!!!

So there is no problem with the M6!!

The only constraint there is, is on the Short Throw Shifter!!

RJT, you are referring to an OLD issue. the Hurst short throw shifter has been on constraints for a long while and you can't even order them anymore.

The new issue is with the transmission's output shaft breaking off. The shifter is not the same as the output shaft. The shiftter is at the top of the tranny, you shift gears with it. The output shaft transfers the power to the driveshaft>diffrential>axles>wheels. When the shaft breaks, your engine still runs, your tranny still shifts, but the car ain't moving!

Have you not read GM's official statement in the HomePage?
Just because someone at the plant says something, it doesn't mean it is EVERYTHING he knows.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:50 AM   #122
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Well all I know is there Is nothing wrong with the regular M6 in the SS a GM tech at my dealer called the plant himself and they said nothing was wrong with it!!
I see. But the fact that GM is holding all SS M6s suggests different. I would request that we wait for a final word from GM before we jump to conclusions of our own. Just to be on the safe side.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:51 AM   #123
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
I'm sorry guys,this is all my fault.My bad karma is coming for payback right now as mine was built on 6/29 and got held up in this.Unfortunately karma came for me and other people became collateral damage. My sincere apologies to you all.

1100 - 10/22/2008
3000 - 05/27/2009
3300 - 06/06/2009
3800 - 06/29/2009
4B00 - 06/29/2009

Warehouse 13 survivor

Blood stains,speed kills,fast cars,cheap thrills,rich women,fine wine,i lost my sense i lost control i lost my
mind.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:51 AM   #124
RJT-Maro
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post

RJT, you are referring to an OLD issue. the short throw shifter has been on constraints for awhile and you can't even order them anymore. The new issue is with the transmission's output shaft breaking off. Have you not read GM's official statement in the HomePage?
Just because someone at the plant says something, it doesn't mean it is EVERYTHING he knows.

Yes I read it and Im guessing they got it fixed then Im going by what the plant guy said!
Old 07-14-2009, 11:53 AM   #125
RJT-Maro
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I see. But the fact that GM is holding all SS M6s suggests different. I would request that we wait for a final word from GM before we jump to conclusions of our own. Just to be on the safe side.
yeah I know that but they made that statement this morning at like 8:30!!

And they only told you guys!~!

Im not saying I dont belive what yall are saying I am just going by what I have heard!!
Old 07-14-2009, 11:57 AM   #126
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
yeah I know that but they made that statement this morning at like 8:30!!

And they only told you guys!~!

Im not saying I dont belive what yall are saying I am just going by what I have heard!!
And that's a wonderful thing you can chose to believe what you want. I am sure Gm will be making a more "formal" announcement in the very near future.

Closed Thread