Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-04-2017, 03:33 PM   #729
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Had more time to work on the bumpers. Front is done and ready for paint. The rear is very close to being finished but it does have to be on the car so I've got it is far as I can go for now. I taped the lenses off and blocked them with the tape on. Now the filler is the thickness off the tape higher than the lenses. When I final sand them I will blend the filler into the lens leaving a smooth transition. Then when everything is painted they will disappear. the lenses are almost perfectly flat as is so I expect them to come out beautifully. Tomorrow they go back to the body shop so they can finish things up. I am thrilled with how the taillights are coming out.
Attached Images

CFD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 06:17 PM   #730
CFD

Dropped the bumpers off at the body shop this morning. They are moving right along with the repairs, should have it back next week. I decided to have them paint the rear bumper excluding the panel where the taillights are mounted. This will allow me to finish them without having to remove the bumper again. I will be able to blend the paint once finished. Finally the lights will be finished.
Old 07-08-2017, 04:16 PM   #731
CFD

Body shop called, rear of the car is back together, front is ready for the facia so I will be stopping by first thing Monday morning to install the scoops. Should only be a day or two after that. Seems like it's been forever but I'll be glad to get it back.
Old 07-09-2017, 12:40 PM   #732
davesnever

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Great to hear the good news and can't wait to see her again!
davesnever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 03:09 PM   #733
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesnever View Post
Great to hear the good news and can't wait to see her again!
Thanks. It is good news, I'll be there in the morning to fit the scoops then it won't be long. While I'm still excited about the taillights being near completion when I get it back I'm going to get right back into them, just some sanding and blending the lenses then it can be pained and blended to the rest of the bumper. When I finish that I may jump right back into the doors, the handles have worked flawlessly so I'm ready to finish them as well.
Old 07-10-2017, 06:27 PM   #734
CFD

Stopped by the body shop this morning, fitted the scoops and set the facia in place. I'd imagine it will be done there tomorrow then off to the alignment shop so we can check for bent components and if all is good align it. Getting close.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:23 PM   #735
CFD

IT'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!

Finally got my car back. It still has a long ways to go before it's done but the body work came out very good. Has a bent knuckle and toe rod in the rear, we were able to get it very close to where it was and it is definitely drivable until the new parts get here. The tail lights are going to look great and I will be getting back into them as I make time so I can get the back bumper completed and then on to the doors. Didn't have time for some decent pictures but here's a few quick shots. There's a glimpse or two of one of my buddies 2017 ZL1
Attached Images

Old 07-11-2017, 03:08 PM   #736
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS RS SIM
Glad you got her back, shes looking good!!!
Old 07-11-2017, 03:25 PM   #737
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSEssence View Post
Glad you got her back, shes looking good!!!
Thanks. It does look much better. The old facia had a couple of cracks and was riddled with rock chips so this looks much better. The tail lights are much closer to completion as well so at least I came out of it ahead of where I was as far as finishing it.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:10 PM   #738
CFD

Wasn't expecting this. Car developed an odd clicking noise. I was about 1/4 mile from my shop. It has been running flawlessly and still seemed to be running ok. I thought it may be a converter bolt loosened up, had that odd echo caused by the bell housing. The noise got worst rapidly and with the hood open the echo was coming from the intake manifold. Started the car to bring it in the shop and something broke. Found one of the T&D rockers broke. No other damage as it happened in an instance and not under power. Spoke with them and described the breakage and they think it's fatigue. They also told me they do not recommend using the aluminum rockers for street use because fatigue is fairly quick especially with high lift cams and stiff spring pressures. I should have a replacement tomorrow. The game plan is when the season winds down and I have time I will be swapping the rockers to the steel bodies I will most likely pull the heads, freshen them up, install new springs and swap the pushrods to a stronger version.

Regardless, it's great to have my car back. lol.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:51 PM   #739
CFD

A couple of pictures of the broken rocker.
Attached Images

Old 07-19-2017, 03:59 PM   #740
CFD

Got all the body work done on the tail lights. If everything goes as planned it will be back in the body shop next week for the final sanding and paint. Once that is finished I'm hoping to jump right back in on the doors so I can get them painted as well.
Attached Images

Old 07-19-2017, 05:23 PM   #741
davesnever

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Wow that's lookin clean George! Very nice, hmmm if only Carter Fabrications sold those rear bumper covers? LOL I'm so jealous!
davesnever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 05:27 PM   #742
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS RS SIM
thats looking real slick!!