Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-02-2010, 09:30 PM   #141
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
No doubt, same type of situation with the uber expensive bumblebee paint job that many clamor for. Just not going to happen with this type of car.

I'll take the paper thin aluminum trim any day of the week over silver painted plastic trying to imitate the real thing. Subtle differences like this have a lot to do with perceived material quality and interior design IMO, and that was the point I was trying to make.
Sure. But you hit the nail on the head by saying "percieved"...I guess I just need to accept that perception is reality in this market.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:37 PM   #142
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
No doubt, same type of situation with the uber expensive bumblebee paint job that many clamor for. Just not going to happen with this type of car.

But I'll take the paper thin aluminum trim any day of the week over silver painted plastic trying to imitate the real thing. Subtle differences like this have a lot to do with perceived material quality and interior design IMO, and that was the point I was trying to make.
I agree with dragoneye on that highlighted point. it may not be better but perceived better it is. . . the main reason people still buy imports over american cars. . . The main reason we had VHS over betamax. . .etc etc etc
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 05:52 PM   #143
INTHEKNOW

Drives: V8 BABY
DO U THINK GM READS THESE THREADS?

Hello all, there is a huge meet and greet in milford mi this sat hosted by mifbody. Im hoping, ok praying that maybe someone from gm management grows a huge pair and maybe will do a drive by in one of the z28 test mules. Since its only a few miles away from the proving grounds. I'd prefer to see the black one with its 20" 285/35 front and 305/35 rear tires supported by the black 5 spoke tuner wheels , although the red and blue ones do look sharp .It would be nice to hear the sound of the "detuned" cadillac engine roaring out of the quad chromed tipped tail pipes.

yes i did say "detuned" ,dont think your gonna get an engine out of a $65,000 car for $50-55k........think 515Hp…….
INTHEKNOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 05:56 PM   #144
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by INTHEKNOW View Post
Hello all, there is a huge meet and greet in milford mi this sat hosted by mifbody. Im hoping, ok praying that maybe someone from gm management grows a huge pair and maybe will do a drive by in one of the z28 test mules. Since its only a few miles away from the proving grounds. I'd prefer to see the black one with its 20" 285/35 front and 305/35 rear tires supported by the black 5 spoke tuner wheels , although the red and blue ones do look sharp .It would be nice to hear the sound of the "detuned" cadillac engine roaring out of the quad chromed tipped tail pipes.

yes i did say "detuned" ,dont think your gonna get an engine out of a $65,000 car for $50-55k........think 515Hp…….
hmmmm.....?
Old 06-04-2010, 06:47 PM   #145
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:

You can get the motor out of a $65,000 car into a 50-55K car quite easily.

Don't put in the $65000 car's interior and luxury options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:02 PM   #146
Qdiesel

Drives: 2011 Infiniti M56S, '04 Tahoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
You can get the motor out of a $65,000 car into a 50-55K car quite easily.

Don't put in the $65000 car's interior and luxury options.

I heard that.

Detuned...I would think not.
Qdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:29 PM   #147
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
I'm not sure how good the new mustang's materials are, but i went to an auto show a year and a half ago and the old 2009 interior was BAD. I mean the plastics in that car looked like 80's quality.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:07 AM   #148
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:

Umm, the V6 out of the ~$42k CTS is in a ~$23k Camaro with even more power than the Caddy has.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 04:40 AM   #149
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
Quote:

The last part of your quote is one of the most unlogical quotes that I have ever heard. I dont know if you know this but the 46k corvette has the same motor as the 30k SS. The expensive cts V6 motor is the same in the V6 Camaro. The LS2 in the GTO was the same as the vette that year. The new GT500 motor is almost the same(in fact some think its better) as the GT supercar. The list goes on and on. The only way the new Z28 motor will be detuned is if it gets the LS9. 515 hp in the new Z28 would mean slaughter by the rival GT500.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:15 PM   #150
Qdiesel

Drives: 2011 Infiniti M56S, '04 Tahoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by VADER SS L99 View Post
. 515 hp in the new Z28 would mean slaughter by the rival GT500.

Yes it would!
Qdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 08:47 PM   #151
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:

ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:56 PM   #152
3nkosh-z\28

Drives: way 2 fast
i really don't think 515 hp is an option

just sayin
Old 06-07-2010, 03:46 AM   #153
Booneabal

Drives: 2LT RS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
While we're on the subject, the advantages to changing the platform are important. The Alpha is a more flexible platform for more vehicles. Additionally, it weighs less and is a little smaller. This is years away.
The Camaro on Alpha will be pretty but I think the 2010 is gonna remain more impressive because of its girth. Going lightweight will be a great way to take the car mass market and improve power to weight but the 2010/2011 will be the classic version.
Booneabal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:00 PM   #154
The Flash

Drives: Firebird 95, Equinox 05, Camaro 2SS
I'm sick and tired of the complaints with the CAMARO interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
As reported on CAMARO5 HOMEPAGE.

It's been quite awhile since the last Camaro Z28 grumblings, so we're happy to send you off to the long weekend with some exciting Camaro Z28 (and just general Camaro and GM news)!

Motortrend recently had an opportunity to interview GM's Vice President of Global Vehicle Engineering, Karl Stracke. In this interview, two open-secrets were once again confirmed:
  • The return of the Camaro Z28 (said out of earshot of his PR person )
  • The 6th gen Camaro will be on Alpha platform.

This isn't the first time the Z28 has been alluded to of course, with past mentions by Al Oppenheiser, Ed Welburn, and GM Officials @ Carlisle.

The Z28 test mule car was even spotted earlier this year during track testing in THESE PHOTOS.

Here are other recent Camaro Z28 and 6th gen Camaro alpha news/rumors from our homepage:
http://www.camaro5.com/index.php?s=z28
http://www.camaro5.com/index.php?s=alpha

Here is the full Motortrend article:

So now this guy Stracke comes and trashes the Steering wheel and the shift knob and we are supossed to be in extasis 'cause a German engineer is the one saying it now???

Well, to everyone who cares enough to discuss the issue here is a piece of mi mind:

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE INTERIOR THEN DO NOT BUY THE CAR!! pERIOD.

In case you have not realized it, they are not making highways nor boulevards with mirrors on the road side so if getting the car for the way it looks from the outside is your major decision making issue or reason to buy it here is an advice: save the money the car is going to cost you and pay a full two years of sessions with a shrink: it will certainly do you more good if that is the way you reason your purchase of a car.

I, like any other true auto & motocylce enthusiast, make my purchase decisions based mostly on the MECHANICAL, TECHNICAL and PERFORMANCE capabilites of the car; which may be a bit shocking to some people: some news to them -- cars are mechanical devices!

Then, a third component of my decisions is based on the exterior design (I like eye candy as much as anyone else) and the history/tradition of the vehicle or manufacturer (bragging rights are deeper rooted in factory and model history than current fashion in my probable uncommon view of the world)

A preminent second consideration is the car interior or the situation from the saddle (as in the case of motorcycles) since THERE IS WHERE I'M GOING TO SPEND MOST OF MY TIME WITH THE VEHICLE.

I find the Steering wheel not only apt enough for the job it is supposed to perform, but also well executed in design, form and function.
I like the way it feels, love the way it looks and, so far, have not got any single issue with it when putting the car to its paces.

I'm unhappy with the shifter at certain times, yes, but that for its mechanical action, not for the design of the knob, or its feel or its shape.

But guess what? There is a little known outfit by the name of HURST which seems to have been taking care of that issue in pony cars for a couple of years, a so is another company named BARTON.
For some silly reason I think they have a piece or two which can improve the shifter action. I'm ordering one of their pieces once I finish with the intake and exhaust mods.

So, here is one final tought for the next sorry soul who wants to nag or complain about the steering wheel or the shifter:
¡GET A REAL CAR, GET A REAL LIFE AND GET OUT OF THIS FORUM!!!

To everyone else in the forum, I apologize profusely for this tirade: I just could not take any more this ridiculous abuse coming mostly from guys who have no love or respect for the CAMARO or any sports car for that matter, probably will never own one and have nothing better to do in their existence than to try to put down other people so that the misery of their sorry lives appears more bearable to themselves.

Finally, perhaps Mr. Stracke shall consider who he is working for next time before he concedes so fast to a spiteful remark from a journalist that will happily and with glee make it public just to smear the good work done by so many men and women who actually worked hard to put that car together.

It reminds me of the guy who was appointed to be the head of AUDI NORTHAMERICA (his name is omitted out of mercy) a few years ago and who was so savvy as to debase the Phaeton as a wrong car concept at one of his first public appearences... unfortunately he forgot his paycheck was coming from VW (owners of AUDI) whose Seior management did not waste time showing him the door and appointing a wiser replacement.

Safe driving to everyone!

The Flash