Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 10-02-2018, 10:54 AM   #1
InfernoB
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro 2SS RS L99 Blk with IOM pkg.
I'm ready to purchase a CUSTOM TUNE… I have a few questions?

I've emailed a very reputable tuner on C5 concerning these questions; yet, have been unable to get any "real answers". Can you elaborate and explain your answers as best as possible; I'm ready to get a custom tune!

Is there any Professional Tuner on C5 willing to address how your custom Tune SPECIFICALLY addresses HF Cat Assemblies that are used with factory Manifolds, other than addressing the rear O2 sensors and codes by turning them off?

I have the Canned Diablosport 93 Tune, Canned Diablosport Firm Shift TCM Tune, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Flowmaster Outlaw Axleback, and Motive HF Cat Assemblies. After logging my setup for many years, I have found that my LTFTs are consistently -2.3 to -1.6 when its warm or hot outside… and usually 0 to +0.8 when its really cold here in michigan. In addition, my Intake Air Temperature is consistently 3.6° or 5.4° HIGHER than the Ambient Air Temperature when actually driving; when it's really cold outside, the temperatures often actually match. It gets much higher when idling. I have never had any codes associated with the HF Cats and rear O2s. I have 4 very "specific questions" that I need answered before I proceed with the Custom Tune...

First, without going into how you shut off the rear O2 codes, etc, to prevent a CEL… Can you Specifically address "how you otherwise ACTUALLY TUNE FOR HF CATS" if it is necessary? Second, are you making "ADDITIONAL" adjustments to "SPECIFICALLY ADDRESS THE HF CATS THEMSELVES, THAT WOULD NOT BE ADJUSTED in a tune for the same vehicle and setup that did not include HF Cats? Third, how do you address the Torque Management in your Custom Tune, BOTH, on the Enginge Side and Transmission Side? Do you turn it ALL off or leave some on in your Custom Tune; please elaborate specifically? Fourth and last, considering ONLY my "CURRENT" mods, is there any ADVANTAGE OR DRAWBACK to having you Custom Tune my L99 with the Diablosport Software vs the SCT software, which will result in better or lower performance?

Thanks!
InfernoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 01:12 PM   #2
supashane

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS L99
I don't have an EXACT answer for you, as I am not a custom tuner, but I just got a custom tune from Lew last week, and he takes the logs from the handheld tuner and adjusts what is needed in the CMR software (which has a loooot more changeable parameters than the handheld options) to get the correct timing, fuel trims, a/f ratio, etc for whatever your ecm is logging and compensating for, so everything works as it should. I believe he modifies a good bit of things on the tranny to have better shift points, and torque settings as well, as my car feels like it definitely has more torque. I don't have many answers, just trying to throw my recent experience in, if it helps, lol

*SOLD* 1997 Camaro L36, Arctic white, manual, stock af
supashane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 04:16 PM   #3
InfernoB
Account Suspended

Thanks for the info!
Quote:
Originally Posted by supashane View Post
I don't have an EXACT answer for you, as I am not a custom tuner, but I just got a custom tune from Lew last week, and he takes the logs from the handheld tuner and adjusts what is needed in the CMR software (which has a loooot more changeable parameters than the handheld options) to get the correct timing, fuel trims, a/f ratio, etc for whatever your ecm is logging and compensating for, so everything works as it should. I believe he modifies a good bit of things on the tranny to have better shift points, and torque settings as well, as my car feels like it definitely has more torque. I don't have many answers, just trying to throw my recent experience in, if it helps, lol
Old 10-02-2018, 05:21 PM   #4
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
Have you checked with dynoSteve at RDP? Been running his tune for over 2 yrs now and recently put in a cam. I have shorties with ARH H/F cats and passed MD emissions just before the cam. good luck!

peace
Old 10-02-2018, 06:14 PM   #5
InfernoB
Account Suspended

Yes Sir… talked to him today; no doubt that he's Extremely knowledgeable! I am more than likely going to use his services…
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwjr View Post
Have you checked with dynoSteve at RDP? Been running his tune for over 2 yrs now and recently put in a cam. I have shorties with ARH H/F cats and passed MD emissions just before the cam. good luck!

peace
Old 10-02-2018, 10:25 PM   #6
P1100

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
I also installed a ******* tune last week. Very happy with results. Diablo 91 tune was a good improvement. ******* custom tune was a great improvement.
P1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 10:28 PM   #7
P1100

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
Odd, Lew’s web name was replaced **** Let’s try diab-Lew
P1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 03:38 AM   #8
InfernoB
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1100 View Post
I also installed a ******* tune last week. Very happy with results. Diablo 91 tune was a good improvement. ******* custom tune was a great improvement.
P1100… Thanks for the information… If I stick with Diablosport that's the route I will definitely be going!
Old 10-03-2018, 09:58 AM   #9
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
+1 for DynoSteve, he does excellent work

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 10:35 AM   #10
InfernoB
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSEssence View Post
+1 for DynoSteve, he does excellent work
Thx!