Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 06-11-2011, 04:01 AM   #197
USMC Anti Venom

Drives: Soon to be ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
2012, I know some shops around Birmingham, but none out your way.

Be safe over there, and hope you get to come home soon and enjoy that new ride.

Thanks man and if I can make it to B'ham I will to check that shop out.
USMC Anti Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:48 PM   #198
Bama 2SS/RS

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
I might be a little late posting in this thread here, but I'm Adam, from Dothan, AL.

Bought my IOM 2SS M6 with CGM stripes in December '10. Been on the forums for a few months now, and just found this thread. Figured I'd post and check in.

Anybody in the Dothan area doing any sort of cruises or car shows or anything, let me know. If I'm off work, I'd love to get together and meet some other C5 members.
Bama 2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:51 AM   #199
Black Lightning

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Hey Adam. Greetings from Birmingham. Not much going on that I have heard of on this thread. I'd drive as far south as Montgomery for a cruise or something, but haven't heard of anything planned.

A couple of Alabama members plan on going to the Pony Wars in the Fall. That will be in Valdosta.

Sort of headed your way today. I'm taking my daughter to Troy for freshman orientation. Hope it doesn't rain. I've got the car all clean and shiny for the trip.

Red hood spears; Corsa cat-back exhaust; Roto-fab intake; Engine bay black/red theme; Black outs including both bowties, tail lights, tail light bezels, and side lamps; gill stripes; 35% window tints; Side SS badges; Hurst-equipped badge.
Black Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:21 PM   #200
walter085

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama 2SS/RS View Post
I might be a little late posting in this thread here, but I'm Adam, from Dothan, AL.

Bought my IOM 2SS M6 with CGM stripes in December '10. Been on the forums for a few months now, and just found this thread. Figured I'd post and check in.

Anybody in the Dothan area doing any sort of cruises or car shows or anything, let me know. If I'm off work, I'd love to get together and meet some other C5 members.
Hi adam
I'm Walter most everybody calls me Corky, I'm from Geneva. I just bought my car last week. I 've been reading Camaro5 for sometime and have enjoyed looking at the pictures from some of the meets.Looks like alot of fun. If you here of any around Dothan post and I will try to attend if I'm not working.
Attached Images

walter085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:26 AM   #201
Mrvnmartian

Drives: 2010 SGM 1LT (Manual)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
A couple of Alabama members plan on going to the Pony Wars in the Fall. That will be in Valdosta.
Hello. I attended the Spring Pony Wars and had a great time. I didn't and won't run my car on the track, but I enjoyed watching everyone else run. I already reserved my room for the Fall Pony Wars. Check out the thread and sign-up if you are able to attend it is going to be a great time.
Mods: Flowmaster, Solar Gard Window Tint, Front Bowtie from Gary's Customs, Green LED dome & trunk lights from AAC, Painted calipers used G2 paint, Emblem Pro underhood bowtie, Stealth Bulb turn signals.
Mrvnmartian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:03 PM   #202
5GenCamaroSS
2004 Beast Silverado Z71

Drives: NO MONTHLY PAYMENTS
Send a message via Yahoo to 5GenCamaroSS
Anyone want to meet up this weekend around the Deatsville/Prattville AL area? Maybe just meet at a restraunt and eat and BS about the cars. Shoot me text at 609-784-5657. Its Tim BTW
5GenCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 05:22 PM   #203
5GenCamaroSS
2004 Beast Silverado Z71

Anyone? Bumpin
Old 06-23-2011, 05:29 PM   #204
Bama 2SS/RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5GenCamaroSS View Post
Anyone want to meet up this weekend around the Deatsville/Prattville AL area? Maybe just meet at a restraunt and eat and BS about the cars. Shoot me text at 609-784-5657. Its Tim BTW
Sorry, too far for me for this weekend. I'm all the way South in Dothan. Maybe with a little more planning time I could swing a trip up that way, but not on a spur of the moment.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:36 PM   #205
5GenCamaroSS
2004 Beast Silverado Z71

That's cool, well I'm looking at doing a meet and greet around the 9th of July. Around that area. It's in another post under New car club in AL. Check it out and spread the word.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:41 PM   #206
Black Lightning

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I'm in for the 9th. Prattville is only 45 minutes from me (Calera).

Also, here's a link to a cruise-in at the Alabaster shopping center DQ. It's always the first Saturday of the month. My Chevy dealer's paint and body manager, who drives a Roush Mustang, told me about it after I got my Camaro four months ago. I've been twice. Last month, there were four 5th Gen Camaros there. The other owners were so glad to see so many since there are usually a lot of Mustangs there. Two of our Camaros were pretty much stock cars, mine included.

Only me and one other owner (had a supercharger) were C5 forum members. We told the other two about it, but haven't seen them online. I'll check with the other C5 guy and give him a link to this thread.

http://www.oldride.com/events/1699484.html

Red hood spears; Corsa cat-back exhaust; Roto-fab intake; Engine bay black/red theme; Black outs including both bowties, tail lights, tail light bezels, and side lamps; gill stripes; 35% window tints; Side SS badges; Hurst-equipped badge.
Black Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:08 PM   #207
5GenCamaroSS
2004 Beast Silverado Z71

Here is the other link to the possible club development.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154503
Old 06-25-2011, 07:50 PM   #208
USMC Anti Venom

Drives: Soon to be ZL1
hey guys got a ?, whats better supercharger or turbocharger? been doing some online shopping for my car and can't make my mind up on which one to get.
USMC Anti Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 11:13 PM   #209
Mrvnmartian

Drives: 2010 SGM 1LT (Manual)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5GenCamaroSS View Post
Sorry I just got on here and saw this post. It would have been nice to get a way from the yard work for a bit.
Mods: Flowmaster, Solar Gard Window Tint, Front Bowtie from Gary's Customs, Green LED dome & trunk lights from AAC, Painted calipers used G2 paint, Emblem Pro underhood bowtie, Stealth Bulb turn signals.
Mrvnmartian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:39 AM   #210
Bama 2SS/RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012conv.rs/ss View Post
hey guys got a ?, whats better supercharger or turbocharger? been doing some online shopping for my car and can't make my mind up on which one to get.
Pretty broad question to ask, man, lol.

I've been contemplating all the different options, myself. I can't decide between a twin turbo setup, a supercharger, or just swapping the whole engine and putting in an LSX 454 and staying naturally aspirated.

My guess is that you could probably ask your question to 100 different Camaro guys, and get 50 votes each for the turbo and supercharger. Definitely pros and cons to each. There's a whole section of the forum devoted to forced induction, though. I'd reccomend that as the place to start. You can read up on different setups, see the types of gains people are getting, hear about issues and problems they're having, and even start threads to ask questions and get advice.

I personally don't know enough about forced induction (yet) to be of much help to you. I don't know how much help you'll get asking your question in this thread, either, unless someone with some forced induction knowledge happens to drop by this thread. Definitely not trying to be rude about it or anything. I just think you could get some better answers if you cruise over to the forced induction board, rather than in an Alabama members thread. Not saying that no one will help you here, just probably not going to be as much thread activity by the people who can help you out, unless a forced induction guy from Alabama just happens to drop by this thread and see your post.

Good luck with whichever route you decide to take, though! These cars are beasts WITHOUT turbos and superchargers, and I'm sure you'll love it even more with some boost.