Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-17-2018, 10:12 PM   #1
iPhoneNerd

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS V6
Camaro Halo lights condensation.. Halo works but HID doesn’t

Hey everyone two days ago I noticed my passenger side HID bulb is out. the halo rings power up but HID doesn’t it. The headlight is heavily condensed but I can’t seem to find a puddle of water within the headlights just droplets inside. I ordered a replacement I found on amazon matching the same specs and company and the HID did not power up. I have yet to test the bulb with the other drivers side headlights ( which do work) so I will see that tomorrow morning . I thought about taking it to Chevrolet dealership but I don’t know how much they’d charge me for it. I found used RS headlights for $280 so i don’t know if I should just replace it.

Any advice you guys can supply?
iPhoneNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 12:11 AM   #2
94z28inok
Camaro- Life Member

Drives: 15 Camaro 2SS/RS, 19 Tahoe
Send a message via Yahoo to 94z28inok
Mine did this last year randomly for a couple of months. Bought a new bulb, no change. Swapped bulbs side to side (both factory bulbs), No change, original dead bulb worked in other side. What I ended up doing was leaving that bulb out on a good hot day, letting it air dry and then put the original bulb back in. No more issues, no moisture, no non lighting issues since. Been through pretty bad rain storms, washed hundred times, etc.

Im wondering if the bulb gasket was getting pinched or possibly dried out and shrunk or something. There for a while it would have tons of moisture then disappear on its own (visually at least) then reappear with the slightest temp changes. Maybe take the bulb out and use a hair drier on low for a bit to try to dry out the housing. Just make sure to protect the bulb, and dont let it cool before reinstalling the bulb as it would probably draw moisture back in pretty quick.
91 Camaro RS 305 TBI 700R4
85 Corvette - TBD
05 Envoy 4.2 4x4
94z28inok is offline   Reply With Quote