Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-17-2018, 06:26 PM   #1
CrazyRED

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Please help with rear end drag setup

I need help with setting up the rear suspension on a '14 SS

I've been checking out the JDP stage 2 anti wheel hop kit but the more research I do, I'm finding out that this is not going to work for my final goals. I would like to be able to add a drag package when I go to the straight track.

What suspension parts can I get that that will fit a drag pack. Basically I would like the same components that come in the JDP kit without having to grind anything to make the wheel and tire package fit.

http://www.jdpmotorsports.com/jdp-mo...-zl1-jdp-s1010

Thanks.

Last edited by CrazyRED; 03-17-2018 at 09:12 PM.
CrazyRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 06:54 PM   #2
Clarkstar

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
They sell a stage #1 drag kit.... jdp-s2001
2013 1le- LT's w/o cats, Borla Atak, Z28 cai, TSP stage 4 cam, SLP 25% udp, LOD intake, cnc heads by Wegner Automotive, Bo White ported tb, H&R drop springs. Performance street alingnment by Justin at Lake Country Alignment and dyno tune by Late Model Throttle. (There may be some junk in the trunk from Induction Solutions
Clarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 06:56 PM   #3
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
I think you would be fine with the Stg 2 kit from JDP, but to run a 17" wheel, you'd have to buy lower control arms, too. Not 100% sure, but I believe either
https://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=...989&superpro=0
or
https://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=...142&superpro=0
would get clearance for a 17" wheel.
BMR 1" lowering springs, trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified FULLY 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads. Tuned by Ronnie @ RS Motors in Burnsville.
438 WHP, 406 WTQ on a Mustang Dyno

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 06:59 PM   #4
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkstar View Post
They sell a stage #1 drag kit.... jdp-s2001
Yeah, the stage 2 drag kit comes with the solid subframe bushings like OP posted about.
BMR 1" lowering springs, trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified FULLY 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads. Tuned by Ronnie @ RS Motors in Burnsville.
438 WHP, 406 WTQ on a Mustang Dyno

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 08:00 PM   #5
CrazyRED

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbs View Post
Yeah, the stage 2 drag kit comes with the solid subframe bushings like OP posted about.
Yeah, I'm really sold on those solid sub frame mounts. The "jello" feeling in this car is surprising considering they call it a track car.

I'm trying to eliminate the need to upgrade, would this stage 2 to kit be sufficient for a while? I know that's a pretty broad question. Let's just say I'm gonna be putting 1000+ to the ground next week. Also I'm not trying to turn this into a completely dedicated drag car just yet, or maybe ever. The plans maybe to make this a fun semi competitive Mexico car and then just get a dedicated strip car.

I've never in my life raced road or autocrossed but I'm trying to avoid completely ruining the corning characteristics. I feel like a complete novice asking these questions, but this is the first time owning a car with this type of rear end and abilities.
CrazyRED is offline   Reply With Quote