Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 01-09-2018, 07:54 AM   #15
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post
Good point on the clutch. Just got a monster triple disk installed last Friday because the stock one was slipping. If the OP does all the mods, he'll probably be at least 60-70 hp (or more) past me.
I don't see a cam in your sig Rob. Did you do one, and, if so which?
JB'sZL1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 08:04 AM   #16
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB'sZL1 View Post
Hey Rob: thanks for the input. I thought I read above 9.1" or 9.5" the relocation bracket is required...but I can still use the stock idlers. My understanding is the stock idlers are better w/ better bearings. So my plan is 10" lower, stock upper and relo bracket (also solid iso and porting the snout...if not more).

Would you advise against the 10" and go w/ the 9'1" as Can't suggested? I don't want to push the envelope too far. At 28% lower and stock upper I thought that was well within the parameters of "safe.
The 10 inch lower is 28% which is about as fast as you want to spin the blower and will work very well with your planned combo.

I prefer to stay with stock upper pulley for max belt traction.

Ted.
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 08:15 AM   #17
RobZL1
fo'shizZL1

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Would you advise against the 10" and go w/ the 9'1" as Can't suggested? I don't want to push the envelope too far. At 28% lower and stock upper I thought that was well within the parameters of "safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
The 10 inch lower is 28% which is about as fast as you want to spin the blower and will work very well with your planned combo.

Ted.
I agree with Ted on this one (not that my opinion means squat compared to his experience. LOL!!) I'd do the 10", but I'm biased.

Quote:
I don't see a cam in your sig Rob. Did you do one, and, if so which?
No cam yet. I'll do either a JRE or a BTR at some point. My goal is to get to 700 one day, so I'll likely do a cam package and a TB/snout. Maybe flex fuel for the heck of it, too.

Best of luck whichever way you go with your build. You'll have an awesome ride when you are finished!
2014 Red Hot #1503 | 629 SAE | JRE Remote Cal | RotoFab | 28% OD | 1-7/8 LT's | JMS BAP | ID850 | TR7IX | MSD Wires | Monster LT1-S Triple |
RobZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 09:19 AM   #18
JB'sZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post

Ted.
Quote:
I agree with Ted on this one (not that my opinion means squat compared to his experience. LOL!!) I'd do the 10", but I'm biased.

No cam yet. I'll do either a JRE or a BTR at some point. My goal is to get to 700 one day, so I'll likely do a cam package and a TB/snout. Maybe flex fuel for the heck of it, too.

Best of luck whichever way you go with your build. You'll have an awesome ride when you are finished!
Thanks Ted and Rob. Your input is much appreciated!
Old 01-09-2018, 09:29 AM   #19
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

Quote:
Thanks Ted and Rob. Your input is much appreciated!
You are welcome, just let us know if you have any other questions.

Ted.
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
Performance Parts
Old 01-09-2018, 11:13 AM   #20
Can'tHave2MuchHP
God - Family - Country

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 A10 Coupe in White
10" is 28% as said and it's definitely in the safe zone of the blower. I never meant that the 10" was unsafe, I meant that the 10" should not be paired with any upper pulley as that will result in way too much supercharger RPM. A 9.1" AND a 2.55" upper though does get you a little further without going ridiculous, most cammed setups run 2.5 + 9.1, and some go further but that's ridiculous. But running a 9.1" only is kind of pointless for a cammed setup as you can run much more pulley. As far as stock idlers for the 10", that may be possible. I thought I remember RPM or Vengeance in a video putting 50mm's in with the 10" pulley (In addition to the relocation bracket) but maybe they did it for other reasons.

I totally agree on going with the DSX Aux pump.

What about your cam? Do you have any solid ideas so far or still up in the air?
Can'tHave2MuchHP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 12:31 PM   #21
JB'sZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
10" is 28% as said and it's definitely in the safe zone of the blower. I never meant that the 10" was unsafe, I meant that the 10" should not be paired with any upper pulley as that will result in way too much supercharger RPM. A 9.1" AND a 2.55" upper though does get you a little further without going ridiculous, most cammed setups run 2.5 + 9.1, and some go further but that's ridiculous. But running a 9.1" only is kind of pointless for a cammed setup as you can run much more pulley. As far as stock idlers for the 10", that may be possible. I thought I remember RPM or Vengeance in a video putting 50mm's in with the 10" pulley (In addition to the relocation bracket) but maybe they did it for other reasons.

I totally agree on going with the DSX Aux pump.

What about your cam? Do you have any solid ideas so far or still up in the air?
Thanks Can't. West Bend said he agreed w/ the 10".

I just spoke w/ Eddie at Weapon X. He's sold on their 2.0 blower cam. I'll see what West Bend and you guys say. I'm kind of leaving the cam in the hands of the builder as he's the one who will be tuning it...and he would like a 2.0. I was kind of dreaming of a 3.0, but he said those are rougher and not as streetable...and that is the primary use of this car. I know some of the members here have them as say they're not really rough at all: it depends on the tune.

So the revised list is as follows:

1 7/8 ceramic headers
CAI cai
sc reservoir
10" pulley w/ balancer
lfe bracket and solid isolator
2, 2.5 or 3 cam with springs (will leave that to the builder...he seems to want to stay w/ a 2.0 cam)
ID 1050's, DSX aux. pump and ff sensor
8.5 mm wires and 7 plugs

Possibly HEX, and ARP bolts for pulleys and headers, and most probably porting the snout w/ Mamo tb. Welds and MT's for the strip.

I want to make the list complete and do it all one time. I really don't see me needing more power than this ever...but who knows. As a last mod I could port the sc and heads w/ other head work...I just don't think I'll really miss not having it.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:39 PM   #22
JB'sZL1

Quote:

Thanks! Actually, for me coming from a pu and a '67 Camaro, the Z is already awesome!

I figured if I can make it a bit quicker on a budget, why not? I'm a 1/2 hour from RA and Great Lakes Dragway...so there's a rhyme to the reason.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:39 PM   #23
Can'tHave2MuchHP
God - Family - Country

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 A10 Coupe in White
Great list, you're going to love it.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 02:30 PM   #24
StreetRage320
Those who need me got me

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Blue Ray A6
do you think your builder would be willing to wear this hat? I would love to watch this one come together.

post up pics if you get them.
Attached Images

Old 01-09-2018, 02:38 PM   #25
JB'sZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetRage320 View Post
do you think your builder would be willing to wear this hat? I would love to watch this one come together.

post up pics if you get them.
Hah!

I don't know about that. But I will probably check in once or twice and take some pics.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:45 PM   #26
QUICRNU

Drives: 2010 ABM SS/RS A6
Did I see something for Heat on there? You need to manage IAT a lot more with more blower speed. I would add an interchiller no questions asked, but at least an AFCO or bigger HX with fans if you are going to the strip. Mine holds very close to ambient with fans on and hood or vents open at idle...you want IAT under wherever you are pulling timing for it at the end of the run. .... although its very hard without an interchiller. Look at the Demon

The fastest ratio I ran was 8.66/2.55 or a 3.396 ratio she built plenty of heat.

Stock is 7.8/3.00 or 2.60 ratio? So I was spinning approx 30% over stock.

It is a cake walk with my street pulley 8.66/2.75 - 3.15 ratio...aka 21ish %

I think you will be happy with the 28% 10inch and should focus on making the car fast from there, not more power.

Aka Heat management, weight distribution on launch/contact patch, and the drag pack wheels.

Good luck man, should be awesome.

9.926@137.67 - 1.401 60' ft

Build Thread - http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=481043
QUICRNU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 03:16 PM   #27
JB'sZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICRNU View Post
Did I see something for Heat on there? You need to manage IAT a lot more with more blower speed. I would add an interchiller no questions asked, but at least an AFCO or bigger HX with fans if you are going to the strip. Mine holds very close to ambient with fans on and hood or vents open at idle...you want IAT under wherever you are pulling timing for it at the end of the run. .... although its very hard without an interchiller. Look at the Demon

The fastest ratio I ran was 8.66/2.55 or a 3.396 ratio she built plenty of heat.

Stock is 7.8/3.00 or 2.60 ratio? So I was spinning approx 30% over stock.

It is a cake walk with my street pulley 8.66/2.75 - 3.15 ratio...aka 21ish %

I think you will be happy with the 28% 10inch and should focus on making the car fast from there, not more power.

Aka Heat management, weight distribution on launch/contact patch, and the drag pack wheels.

Good luck man, should be awesome.
Thanks. I was discussing a HEX with Eddie at WeaponX this am. They have engineered their own. So either the tried and proven afco...or WeaponX's HEX is on the list. Yes, I will be increasing the IAT's with 28%, so need to lower w/ a bigger HEX.

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 01-09-2018, 03:43 PM   #28
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

Quote:
Thanks. I was discussing a HEX with Eddie at WeaponX this am. They have engineered their own. So either the tried and proven afco...or WeaponX's HEX is on the list. Yes, I will be increasing the IAT's with 28%, so need to lower w/ a bigger HEX.

Thanks for the feedback!
FYI higher flowing water pumps work better than aftermarket hex
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
Performance Parts