Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2018, 08:25 AM   #169
Low Saturn

 
Low Saturn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: San Jose, California
Posts: 1,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow1616 View Post
Who do you guys use to host pictures anymore since photo bucket no longer works?
I use http://tinypic.com
__________________
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 10:47 AM   #170
orange devil
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: California
Posts: 1,694
Most of the time I usually just upload the photos from your phone
orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 04:20 PM   #171
BoEbrahim
 
Drives: 2010 chevy camaro SS
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Saudi Arabia
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow1616 View Post
Who do you guys use to host pictures anymore since photo bucket no longer works?
Any updates?!!
BoEbrahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 11:00 PM   #172
Mr2Hard2See
Instagram: Mr2Hard2See
 
Mr2Hard2See's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 609
Fake
__________________
Discount code “2HARD” Streetfighter spoilers
Https://StreetFighterla.com
Mr2Hard2See is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 01:02 PM   #173
CAMSLP
 
Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro ZLS
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: San Diego, California.
Posts: 2
Did anyone ever figure out if it’s possible to swap a 6th gen steering wheel onto the 5th gen?
CAMSLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 01:46 PM   #174
orange devil
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: California
Posts: 1,694
Really not all that big of a deal or big of improvement .with lots of aftermarket options for the steering wheel.just get one for the 5gen .I actually think that the 16th steering wheel looks kind of like the first 5th gen steering wheel that came out between 2010 and 12
orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 04:38 PM   #175
Zeroema
 
Drives: Camaro SS 2010
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 4
Swap Done

Hello guyz,

Just to let you know that I just make the swap. The issue right know is that the steering wheel buttons to control audio don´t work. After read several topics the conclusion is that clock spring must be change also.

I hope in the next weeks get the new clock spring and connect the harness to be able to use the heated steering wheel.

Regards.
Attached Images
 
Zeroema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 01:39 PM   #176
camguynj


 
camguynj's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 NPP BRM
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroema View Post
Hello guyz,

Just to let you know that I just make the swap. The issue right know is that the steering wheel buttons to control audio don´t work. After read several topics the conclusion is that clock spring must be change also.

I hope in the next weeks get the new clock spring and connect the harness to be able to use the heated steering wheel.

Regards.
Yes the clock spring must be changed to get the audio buttons to work as well as for the heated steering wheel feature and the air bag to work. Do you have the air bag for the new wheel? Are you driving the yet car with the new wheel?
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 10:01 AM   #177
olblue75


 
olblue75's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Clarksville Tennesse.
Posts: 5,701
What wheel is suede an is it heated an what’s the clock spring PN?
__________________
Orange Krush II
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 01:06 AM   #178
Zeroema
 
Drives: Camaro SS 2010
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Yes the clock spring must be changed to get the audio buttons to work as well as for the heated steering wheel feature and the air bag to work. Do you have the air bag for the new wheel? Are you driving the yet car with the new wheel?
Hello, yes I have being driving the car and feel pretty dam good. I dont have the airbag yet and seems to be a little dificult to found one.

Regards.
Zeroema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 01:09 AM   #179
Zeroema
 
Drives: Camaro SS 2010
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
What wheel is suede an is it heated an what’s the clock spring PN?
Hello, Clock spring number for steering wheel with heated wheel "84205927"
Zeroema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 10:25 AM   #180
Bradlyj8
 
Bradlyj8's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Fort Benning GA
Posts: 10
Did you get everything working?
Bradlyj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 10:44 AM   #181
Mr2Hard2See
Instagram: Mr2Hard2See
 
Mr2Hard2See's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 609
This is nothing but problems and will not function like stock with all the features. You can do the swap to get the newer look you want or just boss up and buy a better looking 5th gen wheel like I did.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Discount code “2HARD” Streetfighter spoilers
Https://StreetFighterla.com
Mr2Hard2See is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 03:08 PM   #182
Scotty D

 
Drives: 2014 1le 1SS CRMT
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Boston mass
Posts: 1,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2Hard2See View Post
This is nothing but problems and will not function like stock with all the features. You can do the swap to get the newer look you want or just boss up and buy a better looking 5th gen wheel like I did.
I want one
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.